User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2004, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
I'm confused, can you really just go to the front of the stage and find a spot before the show even starts?

I was in row five for the West Palm Beach show and got up to go the bathroom in the middle of the show. When I came back, I stood at the side of the stage for a few seconds and a security guard asked to see my ticket and told me to go back to my seat.

Also, is standing right at the stage looking at Lindsey and Stevie's feet comfortable? I would think after a good 2 and a half hours you would get sick of looking up and you would get a neckache. Can someone who has stood right at someone's feet comment on this?
Yes... you do get neckache but IMO it's worth it!

Pip
Old 07-10-2004, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
Maybe you can start a movement in your own company by offering to give up your wages to a general pot to be shared by all of the employees, maybe everyone would follow your lead. :
Perhaps there was an element of sarcasm there, forgive me if it wasn't intentional.

Funny you should say that because we do have a pot at work that gets shared out to the lower paid employees, depending on the performance of the other staff.

Also I have just resigned my post due to the workload I have been doing lately which has meant I have literally solely saved the jobs of 7 other collegues but I've actually been paid less than they have during this time.. I gave my time and skills for nothing to save these guys and didn't do it for any reason other than it had to be done to save them... I made no gain from it whatsoever. It was an opportunity to help them..

Here's one for you with the same principle I'm talking about-

Is a millionaire greedy compared to a beggar or did he/she use their skills and hard work to benefit from the opportunities they were given?

Quote:

For that matter, if you're saying opportunity is what matters and you manage to get the opportunity because of your great seat location that you've worked so hard for? .....why not be able to use that opportunity and sell the signature on Ebay. Isn't that what your idea of opportunity is all about?
:
I thought I'd made my opinion on auctioning clear but obviously not. Selling the autographed items on Ebay means making a financial gain from the opportunity and situation you have been in. This is wrong and to profit financially from Lindsey's goodwill is bad.

If however you are a dedicated fan that adores the band and is willing to spend an awful lot of money for your experiences and gets the opportunity to stand in front of Lindsey 10 times and get his autograph then I don't have a problem with it.. I would think it's quite a sad maybe obsessive thing to do but it wouldn't surprise me if it goes on..

And if, by any chance, you think I would be into making any financial gain from the situation I found myself in then it is the wrong assumption. Check out the photos from the UK gigs on Lindsey's official site

www.lindseybuckingham.com

I could have sold them like countless others on Ebay but I wanted to share them with the true fans for nothing..

Quote:
I've been at many shows where I've been lucky enough to be right up at the stage and I've helped people behind me move forward and get their item signed. I never thought that perhaps I'd be taking away your opportunity if you worked so hard to get that perfect seat and now some poor soul who wasn't as lucky as you got their 1st and only item signed and you didn't get your 8th thing signed because he didn't have enough time to sign both. I guess the person I helped took away your opportunity. What a shame. And yes, it would be okay if the person from the 3rd row who managed to get to the stage and stand next to me got their item signed instead of me.
Again you seem to think I'm actually urging people to do it 8, 10, 20, 30 times etc which I'm not. I think it would be an unhealthy thing to do, what I'm saying is if somebody is prepared to put that amount of effort in to it then I have no problem with it. They are using the situation to their advantage, it's upto the people who only get to one or two shows at the front to be there earlier and to make sure they position themselves where they need to be at the right moment, if they do that the person that has been stood there for 10 previous shows won't get the opportunity will they?

This is starting to make me repeat now which is not good for the discussion.

Sorry for me seeing things from different peoples perspectives, I'll try not to do it in future..
Old 07-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm confused, can you really just go to the front of the stage and find a spot before the show even starts?

I was in row five for the West Palm Beach show and got up to go the bathroom in the middle of the show. When I came back, I stood at the side of the stage for a few seconds and a security guard asked to see my ticket and told me to go back to my seat.

Also, is standing right at the stage looking at Lindsey and Stevie's feet comfortable? I would think after a good 2 and a half hours you would get sick of looking up and you would get a neckache. Can someone who has stood right at someone's feet comment on this?
If you are in the first three rows, from my experience they let you stand at the front of the stage, doesn't matter if you are 1st row or 3rd row, if you get there early enough you have the chance of standing right at the front. If you try and do it from rows 4 and back, especially after the show has started it is likely you will get your ticket checked and be sent back. Again in my experience they check everybody stood at the front before the show to see if you are in rows 1-3. Again in my experience it doesn't matter which side your seat is on either.

As for standing at their feet.. I didn't get sick of looking up and the adrenaline of the moment stops your neck from hurting.. Just make sure you have some painkillers for after the show though!! Having said that it's worth the small amount of pain!
Old 07-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At my first UK show (the 2nd on the UK leg) no-one even realised he would sign stuff. I didn't see him sign anything and I had forgotten my BN album cover. The next night I remembered it and he came over to sign and then people were scratching around to find something for him to sign. I didn't bother to take anything else to any other shows apart from a picture I took to Manchester to get signed for a fellow US ledgie who didn't think he would get the oppertunity himself. I could have got more stuff signed but personally I didn't want the hassle of carrying stuff around and then worrying about it. From what I saw it was only really people who frequent boards like this who took stuff to be signed anyway. Other people seemed surprised that he was even signing anything.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
If you are in the first three rows, from my experience they let you stand at the front of the stage, doesn't matter if you are 1st row or 3rd row, if you get there early enough you have the chance of standing right at the front. If you try and do it from rows 4 and back, especially after the show has started it is likely you will get your ticket checked and be sent back. Again in my experience they check everybody stood at the front before the show to see if you are in rows 1-3. Again in my experience it doesn't matter which side your seat is on either.
This was true over here in the UK. I had no trouble with security who had been instructed to let us stand. My seats were in front of Stevie's mic at most of my shows anyway but on one occasion they were in front of Lindsey and I still went over to Stevie's side. In fact the only trouble I had was at the first London show when 4 people in the front row insisted on sitting and wouldn't allow anyone to stand in front of them. They kicked off and tried to get security to tell people to sit (which didn't work) so spent the time kicking or poking anyone who was in front of them

Pip
Old 07-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, but when these fans sometimes see 20 or 30 people at that same stage trying so hard to get something signed and you're there getting your 10th+++ thing signed.... preventing him from signing something for someone else, I think that's wrong and very greedy. Lindsey's not signing 20 or 30 things per show, he can't....give other fans a chance. There are some shows where he's barely signing 3 things and they've hit this city once or twice. Most fans going to that many shows know that the majority of people in the front rows are seeing a few shows at most, why not let them get their item signed. Like I said, you want a few signed, fine...but don't be greedy about it so other fans get nothing.
I totally hear what you are saying and 10 plus things signed does sound excessive. But then on that note the same could be said about the people that are camped out at Lindsey or Stevie's feet for countless shows. If you are going to 10, 15 shows etc then wouldn't it be nice to let someone else have that spot? I'm not having a go at anyone in saying this as I would be classed as guilty myself for standing at Stevie's feet for 6 shows in the UK.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was standing right at their feet in Cleveland.....
Neckache? What neckache?? Hmmm....could have had one....didn't pay any attention to a possible neckache though, I had other much more important things on my mind so I couldn't tell you for sure!!

My brother-in-law and I were in the second row, in front of Lindsey, we just made the mad dash up to the stage with everybody else.....but I don't recall anyone checking people's tickets, so I guess it just depends on what venue you're at.

Lindsey actually seemed to sign for many people at that show, he must have had an extra minute or two to spare that night! And he was not gender biased....I got his signature, and my brother-in-law did too! I wasn't even prepared, THE MAN just walked over after the final bows and crouched down right in front of me and started signing. I guess that qualifies as being in the right place at the right time! I'm just kicking myself now that I didn't bring something more important with me for him to sign....he just signed our tickets.....I was so worried that whatever I would have brought would wind up damaged (and it WAS pouring down rain when we left!!!) and never in my wildest dreams on the way to the show did I think I would even be that close to them, let alone get Linds' autograph!!! Stupid stupid stupid.....always hope for the best, and plan for it!!!

Good luck at your show!!!!!

And for the record: In my entire life, at only this ONE show, was I camped out at the edge of the stage, at their feet, and this ONE signature is the only one that I have ever gotten, and may ever have......

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 07-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I totally hear what you are saying and 10 plus things signed does sound excessive. But then on that note the same could be said about the people that are camped out at Lindsey or Stevie's feet for countless shows. If you are going to 10, 15 shows etc then wouldn't it be nice to let someone else have that spot? I'm not having a go at anyone in saying this as I would be classed as guilty myself for standing at Stevie's feet for 6 shows in the UK.
I suppose you're right, I guess this can be taken to any extreme. Why not charge a lot more money for the fans in the front few rows who can go up to the stage. When you think about it, it's not really fair to fans who are in the 4th row and paid the same amount of money and can't. Those of us who are lucky enough to have been in the front row could give up our ticket and walk back and switch with someone in another row so they could have the experience. It can be taken to any extreme really

I'll stick to my original comment which was, I think everyone would love to have something signed by Lindsey as a permanent momento from their concert experience. If I had 1, 2, 3 items, it would be enough for me and I'd hate to see 20 others walking away from the stage disappointed that he didn't sign theirs, when he signed my 10th or 15th item. If other feel it's their right, who am I to argue it's not
Old 07-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
This was true over here in the UK. I had no trouble with security who had been instructed to let us stand. My seats were in front of Stevie's mic at most of my shows anyway but on one occasion they were in front of Lindsey and I still went over to Stevie's side. In fact the only trouble I had was at the first London show when 4 people in the front row insisted on sitting and wouldn't allow anyone to stand in front of them. They kicked off and tried to get security to tell people to sit (which didn't work) so spent the time kicking or poking anyone who was in front of them

Pip
It's been venue to venue here. Some have let 3 rows up, some only the front row, some only the center section of the front row. Some venues lost control over the front row area and tons of people pushed forward. Depending on how crowded some of the front row areas were and the rowdiness of the crowd, at many venues you really couldn't leave your spot to go anywhere without someone stepping in to take your place.

There's also been some complaining from some fans who didn't like the idea of people standing in front of their seats all night. In some venues it got so bad, the band's security sent everyone back to their seat. The way it came down from the band's security for a time was, if the fans who paid for those seats complain, you have to go back. We tend to think of all fans as message board fanatics, many fans bought their seats through the club and when they didn't like the front row set up of going to the stage, they called Fanfire to complain.

Haven't heard or seen anyone kicking or poking fans here, but with the beer and general rowdiness of some of the crowds at the outdoor venues, it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Whew...

This thread turned weird. LOL

I agree, if you are lucky enough to be front row, why not get stuff signed everytime. I really don't think you should take more than 1 thing per person, just out of common courtesy, but hey, people do what people do. My mom got a record signed for me, and I got my OOTC record signed in Dallas. I also got my BN album signed in England. Even tho I've been to 8 shows, those are the only things I took to get signed, as I wanted to enjoy the shows, and not worry about stuff getting signed as much.

It's way cool to get stuff signed for your friends too.

Yes, your neck hurts a bit (mine REALLY did in Houston), but that was due to my looking up at Lindsey and then back at drunk beyotch next to me the whole friggin time.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question: If you bring Buckingham Nicks for Lindsey to sign is it inappropriate to ask if he can get Stevie to sign it also? I mean, it seems a little silly to have only one member of Buckingham Nicks sign Buckingham Nicks! Or does Stevie not sign at concerts, period?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Question: If you bring Buckingham Nicks for Lindsey to sign is it inappropriate to ask if he can get Stevie to sign it also? I mean, it seems a little silly to have only one member of Buckingham Nicks sign Buckingham Nicks! Or does Stevie not sign at concerts, period?
You can ask but I doubt he will. I just read about the same thing in Ali's thread but it didn't happen. Always worth a try though!

Pip
Old 07-11-2004, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's worth a try... He's done it a couple of times, certainly did it in Las Vegas..

Give it a go.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'd love for Stevie to sign too but I won't ask for both - I think getting one will be lucky enuf. IF he hands it to Stevie to sign, all the better!

11 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren
Old 07-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
It's worth a try... He's done it a couple of times, certainly did it in Las Vegas..

Give it a go.
I just don't want to sound rude- you don't think asking if Stevie would sign also is rude, do you?

We were frail...
Save us...