User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That reminds me of how she said she was going to enjoy herself this time and not stay cooped up in her hotel room while on tour. She's going to go out and do things in the cities they travel in, so maybe we'll get some pictures of her out and about.

Michele
" I choose the dance around the stages of the world ... many of the cities I never saw at all ... "

On topic: I hope they will be a little more loose on stage. I saw them three times last year and the two first shows in A'dam and Antwerp for 100% equal. Same banters etc. The latter one was quite strange and shortened due to the sound problems, the news of John's illness and cancellation of the Aussie-tour...

The atmosphere was complete different that night. Somehow they were more driven and also a bit sloppy ... a it like the Stones :-)

They need to be in that kind of spirit more often. Just go out and play! Have fun, try different songs each night. A bit like Tori Amos or Bruce Springsteen. They are fabulous musicians and must be able to do it!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't decide if I'm going to spoil it and check their set list after the first show. I'm not seeing them until October.

What do you guys think they'll play on the Today Show? Aren't they doing an appearance on the Today Show in September? My guesses would be either Rhiannon, The Chain, one of Christine's, probably Say you love me, or, I would be a little bit surprised if they did this, but maybe a new song.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I can't decide if I'm going to spoil it and check their set list after the first show. I'm not seeing them until October.

What do you guys think they'll play on the Today Show? Aren't they doing an appearance on the Today Show in September? My guesses would be either Rhiannon, The Chain, one of Christine's, probably Say you love me, or, I would be a little bit surprised if they did this, but maybe a new song.
They're not playing the Today Show until October 9th, so maybe we'll have a better guess by then, once a few shows are under their belts!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think for the today show we will get Say You Love Me, Rhiannon, Don't Stop and Go Your Own Way.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I think for the today show we will get Say You Love Me, Rhiannon, Don't Stop and Go Your Own Way.
And that would be so uninspired...you're probably right lol. I remember their last Grammy appearance back in 1998. They had the opportunity to play a new song that was hugely popular (Silver Springs), their anthem (The Chain), or something unexpected that really would have blown the socks off the audience if it was good. But what did they do? A medley of Rhiannon, Don't Stop, and Go Your Own Way that had no cohesion and very awkward transitions, though they did manage to get a standing ovation (Aretha stood up rather begrudgingly).
Old 08-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just don't see them doing anything rare or unexpected as this is a short concert. There will likely be 3 songs performed on the show during the 8-9 hour and then one more to be aired later on in the show like they did with the SYW concert in 2003 where SYW was aired later on after the initial concert.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Wow.I probably end up walking right by her without recognizing her with that hat on .Is that Mick's or John's hat ? I see blonde ladies at the supermarket and Walmart that look like Stevie and feel like saying hi Stevie to them.I wonder if she harmonizes or hum with the music on the PA system in the shop.

She looks like a little girl in a candy shop.LOL.And looks so young in that shot.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 08-30-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'm sure they'll figure out a balanced set that will equally feature each of them, as they always have in the past. We can only hope for some surprise performances. That's what most Fleetwood Mac fans are looking for.
Yes you are right.I cant wait to see the show.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will it will only a month away until they hit the stage in Minneapolis, MN Target Center end of September.

They only got a few more weeks to work the tunes out.

They will be OK after singing the tunes over 1000 times over the years.Its good to have the techs work out the bugs in the sound and lighting equipment before they hit the road.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Will it will only a month away until they hit the stage in Minneapolis, MN Target Center end of September.

They only got a few more weeks to work the tunes out.

They will be OK after singing the tunes over 1000 times over the years.Its good to have the techs work out the bugs in the sound and lighting equipment before they hit the road.

They haven't played with Christine in 16 years. It seems like a short time (a couple months) to practice all her songs they haven't played in that long. But then maybe it was like riding a bike, so to speak, I wonder what it was like for the band to be playing her songs with her again. What do you guys think?
Old 08-31-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
They haven't played with Christine in 16 years. It seems like a short time (a couple months) to practice all her songs they haven't played in that long. But then maybe it was like riding a bike, so to speak, I wonder what it was like for the band to be playing her songs with her again. What do you guys think?
Don't forget she has to work on their songs that she hasn't sung and played keys for 16 years.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't forget she has to work on their songs that she hasn't sung and played keys for 16 years.

Yeah that too.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahahaha Yes a very short time .Plus the projects the member got to contend with takes rehearsal time away too..I agree about riding a bike.Years went by since I got my fat a$$ on a bike and I was alittle shaky when I first got started and I was OK later on the ride.

That probably will be the result with all five rehearsing.They work the bugs out and they will be fine to face us fans later September .

Chris had the warm up with the other 4 last year when she was with them.Now this is a full blown tour.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder what Christine's feelings are towards Say You Will...and if they'll put a few songs from in in the set list.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I wonder what Christine's feelings are towards Say You Will...and if they'll put a few songs from in in the set list.
I've long been curious about this as well. I wonder if Chris even listened to Say You Will- after all, this group of people is known to avoid each other's projects when not personally involved. I still think In The Meantime culled it's title as a reference to what Chris herself was doing while FM had moved on without her. I have zero evidence to support this theory, though.

I'm guessing we'll never hear anything from Say You Will live ever again.