User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2023, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
I agree with you on Lindsey being primarily a solitary figure.. What I think is interesting is the sentiment from others that George or Jeff wouldn’t want or allow Lindsey to have a hand in overall production. On the contrary, I believe that’s exactly why George might have wanted him on board- I believe within the music world and amongst his peers he was (and still is) first & foremost respected and admired as a brilliant arranger/producer just as much as he is for his guitar skills. With so many brilliant guitarists and vocalists already involved in the Wilburys it’s hard for me to believe that he was wanted solely for those duties- I bet George genuinely dug what he did behind the console. Same for Tom, as evident by him once saying he wanted Lindsey in the Heartbreakers, and “Walls (Circus)” ..
They probably did admire him as a producer, but they had that base covered. Other than with the main artist (in this case George, who himself was a producer), have you ever known Jeff Lynne to co-produce anything?
Old 08-23-2023, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
They probably did admire him as a producer, but they had that base covered. Other than with the main artist (in this case George, who himself was a producer), have you ever known Jeff Lynne to co-produce anything?
Good point. Still though, as much as his stamp is all-over, say, Full Moon Fever, I have a hard time believing Tom wouldn’t have had his say or way regardless of what the album credits, being as headstrong and stubborn as he was. I think this would’ve been true in the context of the Wilburys- even though he was the ringleader production-wise, I think there had to have been a lot of input and collaboration with the others, again, due to the nature of having so many opinionated visionaries onboard.
Old 08-26-2023, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Lindsey is posting very cool old pictures these days (though nothing about his new album)
This Friday will be 2 years since the first show of his "Lindsey Buckingham" album Tour.
I hope his voice can still manage a tour after his ailment in late 2022, I think it was COVID that kept him from playing his entire Fall 2022 Tour.
I'd bet Neale is itching to play again too.