Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
We’ve already had this thread, BTW…

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57867
Lol and I see I already had posted in that thread. I must be getting old.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I think we can all agree--TV is not the best medium for a live performance. That said, Stevie and Lindsey have both performed solo on Ellen, and had great performances. Stevie and FM have done the Today Show and GMA--I think we can probably agree to mixed results, but far exceeding the high school band try out we saw this week. I assume if WE all know TV not the best medium--I would think their PR folks would too. Begs the question--who decided this should be the worlds inaugural look at a Lindsey-less FM. Particularly with all of the backlash these folks are getting. They HAD To be perfect in their first showing. First impressions last the longest. This was a fail all the way around. All the chatter we've had on rehearsals, chemistry, etc. bottom line is this group was not ready to play live, or if they are, find a show where you can easily fit their new 15 person band on the stage.
This is a great viewpoint.

I finally decided to show my husband the Ellen videos. He has no vested interest in FM and humors me and my obsession. Rarely ever watches any of the things that I watch on FM. But he has been to concerts with me, so has witnessed both the Christine-less years, as well as the return of Chris.

He is a drummer and a musician, from a family of musicians and performers, so completely understands music, performing, etc.

His comment was “Well that was a cross between amateurs and has-beens. You must be really disappointed.” He has enough chops to recognize that something so important as the debut performance should have been booked and executed in such a way that they shone. Then he said “that’s depressing to watch.” Which made me tear up. It breaks my heart.

He thought Neil wasn’t very good, Mike is talented, but wtf was that piano thingy, Stevie looks like a Botox experiment gone bad, Chris sooo cute, John and Mick-standard.

Then he gave me a big hug and said he’s sorry that my band blew up. I really cried at that point.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

His comment was “Well that was a cross between amateurs and has-beens. You must be really disappointed.” He has enough chops to recognize that something so important as the debut performance should have been booked and executed in such a way that they shone. Then he said “that’s depressing to watch.” Which made me tear up. It breaks my heart.

He thought Neil wasn’t very good, Mike is talented, but wtf was that piano thingy, Stevie looks like a Botox experiment gone bad, Chris sooo cute, John and Mick-standard.

Then he gave me a big hug and said he’s sorry that my band blew up. I really cried at that point.
Oooooohhhh SNAP. He calls a spade a spade. This fajita roundup of a band is a FARCE. $tevie'$ SMUG face makes me want to slap the sh*t out of her(NO, not because $he's a woman, because $he's a smug b*tch).

I hope these IDIOTS realize at some point, how badly they f*cked up.

For many of us, this is the end of our life long band. We're terribly sad, angry, and mournful. It was bad enough that their voices were fading, but they had to hasten the death by turning it into a cover band. Well played, $tevie, you old bitter goat.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's really sad is I was under the impression that this tour would be the final one. John had stated in an interview that he was ready to retire. They aren't getting any younger and obviously there will be no new album with the 5. (thanks Stevie)

And that has been taken away from us the fans, because of some "scheduling conflict"? It makes no sense whatsoever. By letting Lindsey go they risk poor ticket sales. It's a given it won't be as much as it would be with Lindsey. I'm not going and I have never missed a show in Pittsburgh.

Lindsey's wife disputes what Stevie/Mick are selling about why Lindsey was let go. This is so frustrating as a fan. I just can't get over it and I am still scratching my head on this one. Neil and Mike are great, but sorry, this isn't the Fleetwood Mac that fans want to see in 2018. We can argue over the many changes all we want. I didn't mind the Bill/Rick years that much, but in the end, it didn't sell. Mick and Stevie have some explaining to do and I feel they have really tarnished the legacy once and for all. I am looking forward to a Lindsey interview where he will tell his side of the story. What could he have done that caused this? I know, it's all been said before. But it still begs the same questions. Sorry for the rant.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
This fajita roundup of a band is a FARCE.
Ok this made me laugh out loud, which I needed.

This is all about Stevie, and she's made no bones about that. SHE wants to be happy, SHE wants to dance around, SHE will stop complaining....

I don't think she knows how NOT to complain. She's made a second career out of bitching about Lindsey, I bet she won't know what to talk about in rehearsals. "I'm so glad Lindsey is no longer here so I don't have to complain about how awful he was, how strict he was, how he wouldn't stay here all night till 3 am because he had, you know, a "family" (insert her eye roll here) blah blah blah. "I'm so glad Lindsey isn't here so I don't have to think about him or talk about him. You know when Lindsey was here he would insist on doing x. How much nicer it is without Lindsey here."

And her lame comment about sometimes people finally get divorced after 40 years and the kids are all mad coz it ruined the family still irritates the crap out of me.... apparently we are all the "kids" who can't get over mommy and daddy breaking up. No, sister honey, we're all grown ups who work and manage our lives and who understand how ****ty it is when a colleague with whom you've built a successful brand screws you over and ruins the company you built together.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

This is all about Stevie, and she's made no bones about that. SHE wants to be happy, SHE wants to dance around, SHE will stop complaining....

I don't think she knows how NOT to complain. She's made a second career out of bitching about Lindsey, I bet she won't know what to talk about in rehearsals. "I'm so glad Lindsey is no longer here so I don't have to complain about how awful he was, how strict he was, how he wouldn't stay here all night till 3 am because he had, you know, a "family" (insert her eye roll here) blah blah blah. "I'm so glad Lindsey isn't here so I don't have to think about him or talk about him. You know when Lindsey was here he would insist on doing x. How much nicer it is without Lindsey here."

And her lame comment about sometimes people finally get divorced after 40 years and the kids are all mad coz it ruined the family still irritates the crap out of me.... apparently we are all the "kids" who can't get over mommy and daddy breaking up. No, sister honey, we're all grown ups who work and manage our lives and who understand how ****ty it is when a colleague with whom you've built a successful brand screws you over and ruins the company you built together.
hahahahaha probably a very mild version of what is actually happening! i just made a very similar comment in another thread on how the new guys must be going wtf about her never ending going on about LB and how awful she thinks he is about this or that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hahahahaha probably a very mild version of what is actually happening! i just made a very similar comment in another thread on how the new guys must be going wtf about her never ending going on about LB and how awful she thinks he is about this or that.

Ha, poor old Neil Finn. It must be around about now that he's thinking...'wtf? This old girl isn't the full ticket. Who'da known? What's my exit strategy?'

Indeed his latest tweet is;
Thanks for the many warm messages of goodwill , welcome , concern, bemusement, wonder.
I love being in Fleetwood Mac.

Maybe I'm being just a bit too cynical but I sense... 'I don't love being in Fleetwood Mac'.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Ha, poor old Neil Finn. It must be around about now that he's thinking...'wtf? This old girl isn't the full ticket. Who'da known? What's my exit strategy?'

Indeed his latest tweet is;
Thanks for the many warm messages of goodwill , welcome , concern, bemusement, wonder.
I love being in Fleetwood Mac.

Maybe I'm being just a bit too cynical but I sense... 'I don't love being in Fleetwood Mac'.
yea this struck me as curious...... I get goodwill, welcome.... Concern? Who's sending him warm messages of concern? And concern about what exactly? Wonder? Bemusement.....That means people scratching their heads about him joining FM..

the dictionary defines it as:
noun
the fact or condition of being bemused; puzzlement.
"we turned to each other in utter bemusement"

So people are sending him messages of concern, wonder, and bemusement? Hmmm.....so is the "I love being in FM" meant to put those people at ease?

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-08-2018 at 03:35 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I actually found this quite poignant too
Knowing his level of humour and kiwi sarcasm, I think he was subtly meaning 'don't'.......he clearly wasn't prepared for all the personal and emotional drama that simultaneously follows this band along with their music
Old 09-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I was just thinking after watching the Ellen performance. Why did they feel the need to get two people to replace Lindsey? When Christine retired they didn't fill her spot. The focus was then on Lindsey and Stevie songs. They did Don't stop and just sang her parts.

Why didn't they do the same thing with Lindsey's firing? They could have just hired Mike Campbell and not Neil Finn. Do all Chris and Stevie songs except for Go Your Own Way and have the girls sing it.

Mike is a great guitarist, but his sound is so different from Lindsey's. Neil is a fine singer, but not much stage presence with the Mac and frankly, you don't really need a male singer. Chris and Stevie have the bulk of the hits.

They could have also added a male backup singer to flesh things out.

After watching the Ellen performance, it just doesn't work. The Billy/Rick years were ok, but that was then. Just my 2 cents.
The answer is simple. Keyboard players are generally optional in the official line-up of a band - F Mac didn't have one initially apart from Jeremy's piano bits.

Guitarists are not optional. Rock bands without them are very much in a minority (I can only think of Keane). Fleetwood Mac has always relied on having at least one guitarist in its official membership. With a legacy of strong players (and I don't just mean Peter and Lindsey) it would be a cowardly option to just get sidesmen to do it all out of the spotlight.

Personally I think they should have responded to Stevie's "I'm not recording as the only woman again" ultimatum by recruiting Sandy Stewart but there you go.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Don't forget about the time when Stevie and Lindsey had adjacent hotel rooms while they were on tour and Lindsey banged on the wall telling her to turn her music down. She seemed offended by it and wanted to make sure that never happened again. Shows you just how much they are in different places in their lives. Or better yet, their maturity levels. Lindsey, the practical family man, who wants to get a decent nights sleep before going to work the next day. Stevie wants to party all night.

That would be Grandparents/Grandchildren

Last edited by jwd; 09-08-2018 at 05:28 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Don't forget about the time when Stevie and Lindsey had adjacent hotel rooms while they were on tour and Lindsey banged on the wall telling her to turn her music down. She seemed offended by it and wanted to make sure that never happened again. Shows you just how much they are in different places in their lives. Or better yet, their maturity levels. Lindsey, the practical family man, who wants to get a decent nights sleep before going to work the next day. Stevie wants to party all night.

That would be Grandparents/Grandchildren
Are you confusing the time they had adjacent dressing rooms when Stevie was getting interviewed by Rolling Stone for her solo front cover on the OWTS tour?
That's when Lindsey banged on the wall.....
Old 09-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Are you confusing the time they had adjacent dressing rooms when Stevie was getting interviewed by Rolling Stone for her solo front cover on the OWTS tour?
Yes that's it. I knew it was when she was being interviewed by someone. Why do you think I was confused?
Old 09-08-2018, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Right. It was dressing rooms, not hotel rooms. The difference is important because SN’s dressing room activity does not interfere with LB getting a good nights sleep.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Right. It was dressing rooms, not hotel rooms. The difference is important because SN’s dressing room activity does not interfere with LB getting a good nights sleep.
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up Nathan. Now I can get a good night's sleep.