The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Of the 6 songs I have posted from The Mirage Tour on my Youtube channel, four have copyrighted claims all from various claimants. Makes me wonder if a reissue of that concert footage will happen. I don't pretend to know much about those copyright claims, but this is what they are:
EYES OF THE WORLD- Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA, SUISA CS.
RHIANNON- SOKOJ_CS, CASH, OSA_CS, ACUM_CS, BUMA CS, Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA, UMPI.
GO YOUR OWN WAY- Reprise.
SISTERS OF THE MOON- Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA, SUISA CS.

TUSK & SONGBIRD as yet have no claims.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessej View Post
Ive become obsessed with book of love... Hoping an alternate or demo really looking forward to this project !
I'm one of the few people that love Lindsey's work on Mirage. Elle will probably banish me for a year for liking it. But, I like what I like dammit.

Book Of Love is amazing.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm one of the few people that love Lindsey's work on Mirage. Elle will probably banish me for a year for liking it. But, I like what I like dammit.

Book Of Love is amazing.

I like Lindsey's work on Mirage, but his songs are too light. He needed to put a little more of his Tusk edge into Mirage. Im glad he allowed a little bit of Christine's and Stevie's vocals in his Mirage songs, unlike Tusk where all of his songs are just him. I love Eyes of The Word and Book of Love and Empire State, but Can't Go Back could have been darker and more Lindsey-esque. Oh Diane, I have no idea how that song made it on the album, Lindsey just had to have the most songs I guess. I also would have liked to see another music video from Mirage, one of Lindsey's songs. I always thought Empire State would have been cool with the band wandering around Manhattan and up on roof tops and stuff.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 04-08-2016 at 07:49 PM..
Old 04-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well this is certainly something I would pick up. I think Mirage is too overlooked especially once Tusk became as popular as it is anymore. As someone who isn't a huge Tango fan, this is the last bit of magic for me. Hoping there's a Hold Me demo lurking somewhere. It had more funk before Lindsey got his hands on it. And the less takes of a single Lindsey song from this one the better. While I enjoy most of his songs on here (Even Oh Diane has some charm) I'm almost positive it would be a disc of Empire State takes.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always felt Lindsey was a little put off by Mirage-- there was this band discussion about how Tusk wasn't a big success (gag) and they all wanted to go back to more familiar territory. (There's a great interview I think from Rolling Stone with Lindsey, Chris and MIck and Chris and Mick are talking about making albums that will sell a lot and all that and Lindsey slaps his chest and says "It's also about what's in here!" meaning artistic vision, passion, and all regardless of the sales figures). He got his leashed pulled a bit by the band on Mirage to go back to more mainstream popular stuff. I always wondered if his music on Mirage was a bit of a middle finger to the band like, Oh, you want light pop music? Here you go. (for his songs.) He has said more than once he felt that Mirage, and the direction the band wanted to go with it, was a step backwards creatively.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
Of the 6 songs I have posted from The Mirage Tour on my Youtube channel, four have copyrighted claims all from various claimants. Makes me wonder if a reissue of that concert footage will happen. I don't pretend to know much about those copyright claims, but this is what they are:
EYES OF THE WORLD- Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA, SUISA CS.
RHIANNON- SOKOJ_CS, CASH, OSA_CS, ACUM_CS, BUMA CS, Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA, UMPI.
GO YOUR OWN WAY- Reprise.
SISTERS OF THE MOON- Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA, SUISA CS.

TUSK & SONGBIRD as yet have no claims.
Thanks, very interesting. In fact the video for Tusk & Songbird was the only one that wasn't taken down by youtube.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's MIRAGE songs may be lighter, more subdued and less adventurous than either his TUSK or TITN material, but the songs are generally warmer, more tuneful and more band-friendly than his work on the other two albums. In the abstract, I often consider his TITN contributions to be quite strong, but when I pit them against the MIRAGE material, the latter songs seem more convincing and true. To an extent, the TITN songs seem calculated, as if her were consciously striving for a tougher, sexier effect. But no matter how good the tunes assume they are, they don't possess genuine substance. Some of this might be because they sound like carefully-engineered solo performances; but the songs themselves are also lacking an additional spark found in tunes like "Eyes of the World," "Book of Love," and "Can't Go Back." Even "Empire State," which I think is silly, emits a real spark.

The only TITN songs that boast a band identity are "Little Lies," "Everywhere," "Seven Wonders," and "Isn't it Midnight." And regarding TUSK--the band could only do that kind of project once without becoming too splintered. As many have already noted, MIRAGE may be a low-key album, but it's also the last FM record where the ensemble works together to forge a sound.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 04-08-2016 at 03:45 PM..
Old 04-08-2016, 03:47 PM
aleuzzi
This message has been deleted by aleuzzi.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Lindsey's MIRAGE songs may be lighter, more subdued and less adventurous than either his TUSK or TITN material, but the songs are generally warmer, more tuneful and more band-friendly than his work on the other two albums. In the abstract, I often consider his TITN contributions to be quite strong, but when I pit them against the MIRAGE material, the latter songs seem more convincing and true. To an extent, the TITN songs seem calculated, as if her were consciously striving for a tougher, sexier effect. But no matter how good the tunes assume they are, they don't possess genuine substance. Some of this might be because they sound like carefully-engineered solo performances; but the songs themselves are also lacking an additional spark found in tunes like "Eyes of the World," "Book of Love," and "Can't Go Back." Even "Empire State," which I think is silly, emits a real spark.

The only TITN songs that boast a band identity are "Little Lies," "Everywhere," "Seven Wonders," and "Isn't it Midnight." And regarding TUSK--the band could only do that kind of project once without becoming too splintered. As many have already noted, MIRAGE may be a low-key album, but it's also the last FM record where the ensemble works together to forge a sound.
I do love the Christine/Lindsey dynamic on the two albums... Their muse with each other seem to grow.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Eyes

Does anyone know if there are demos that get a bit heavier than the version of Eyes that ended up on the album? I really enjoy the live versions and just wish they had cut loose like that with the album version.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I LOVE to see how much love Mirage is getting on this board lately. When I first joined this board Mirage was the step child that few mentioned. I remember a poll here on Favorite Mac album covers did not even give Mirage as a choice to vote for.

Mirage has some of the best harmonies of ANY Mac album. Many of the songs build and build. Gypsy has one of the best bridges ever. I even love the drumming. Its so classic Mick on every song.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-08-2016 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-08-2016, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Book Of Love is amazing.
I totally agree. I love Mirage. All contributions. Certainly Lindsey's. Apart from Oh Diane.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I totally agree. I love Mirage. All contributions. Certainly Lindsey's. Apart from Oh Diane.

I agree also but with Oh Diane. I can't wait for this release.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Does anyone know if there are demos that get a bit heavier than the version of Eyes that ended up on the album? I really enjoy the live versions and just wish they had cut loose like that with the album version.
I loved that, too. Eyes was so ccool..
Old 04-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hold Me and Gypsy. That is all.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I loved on that album, as Love in Store was ending.

....... he got away......... can't fight it.........

then silence... little record hiss.. .. and.....

... do do do do do... Standing in the shadows.. man I used to be... wanna go back.. can't go baccccccccccccck can't go back...

such a sweet melody and beautiful keyboards and backing vocals...

......... a tear in a cloud's eye.. wanna go back.. can't go back.. can't go back...

It gave me chills it was so good on record album.
Why that song was cut without a bridge is beyond me.. Lindsey undersells his work on this.