User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
The most recent photo of the two of them it's like that little kid tv show from the 80s where in the world is Carmen San Diego, where in the world is Stevie nicks. Can someone track her down and give us her location? We need her back to finish our album we need you to clamour and find her snap a picture if you can and bring her to the studio for us.

Good grief Stevie will never grow up with the power trips she gets off on making them wait and beg her to join them and puts them off for her not so relevant solo career.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014, Stevie will be at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills picking up her "ICON" award so I guess she's quite relevant...So now you know where she is...

Broadcast Music, Inc. will present the BMI Icon Award to legendary songstress Stevie Nicks at its 62nd Annual BMI Pop Awards, slated for Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills. The invitation-only ceremony will also recognize the songwriters and publishers of the past year’s most-performed pop songs in the United States, with the BMI Pop Song, Songwriter and Publisher of the Year to be named. The evening will also include an all-star musical tribute to Nicks.

BMI Icons are selected because of their unique and indelible influence on generations of music makers. As a BMI Icon, Stevie Nicks will join elite ranks that include Paul Simon, Carole King, David Foster, John Fogerty, Kris Kristofferson, the Jacksons, Crosby, Stills & Nash, the Bee Gees, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Brian Wilson, Carlos Santana, Dolly Parton, and others.

“Stevie Nicks is an extraordinary songwriter and pedigree artist of stunning genius and unwavering grace, on and off the stage. She has defined an era of pop and rock culture around the world with her brilliance and unforgettable magnificence,” said Barbara Cane, BMI Vice President & General Manager, Writer/Publisher Relations, Los Angeles.

The legendary Stevie Nicks has an instantly recognizable voice that rises above all others. It is at once haunting, romantic, filled with mystery and completely unforgettable. Her spectacular talent has brought joy to her millions of fans for generations. With her incomparable songwriting ability, she has received 12 BMI million-performance citations, along with 12 BMI Pop Awards, a BMI Urban Award and a BMI Country Award for such hits as “Dreams,” “Rhiannon,” “Leather and Lace,” “Landslide” and “Gypsy,” among others. With songs such as “Edge of Seventeen” and “Stand Back,” Nicks has earned a top spot among a pedigree of timeless pop rock icons. From the start of her career as a solo artist with the release of her five million-selling debut, Bella Donna, up to her current critically acclaimed album, In Your Dreams, Nicks continues to bedazzle audiences around the world. As a member of the legendary Fleetwood Mac, whose Rumours album was one of the biggest selling records of all time, Nicks’ four-decade career includes induction into the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, multiple GRAMMY awards and numerous gold and platinum records. Collectively, these achievements add up to one of the most successful female artists in pop rock history

Surely none of this encourages power trips...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-07-2014 at 10:40 PM..
Old 05-07-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so this interview took place different day from the LA Times interview. they switched jackets - now she's in suit jacket, and he in leather.
lol... they switched pants too... No wonder Stevie is mad!!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
[B]Tuesday, May 13, 2014, Stevie will be at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills
this post should be moved to SN forum, if it's not posted there yet.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this post should be moved to SN forum, if it's not posted there yet.
I do believe there is a thread in the SN sandbox...I was pointing out that this couldn't possibly have anything top do with power trips...
Old 05-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do believe there is a thread in the SN sandbox...I was pointing out that this couldn't possibly have anything top do with power trips...
you mean to say that fame has gone to this woman's head and she's trying to hold it over the band that made her famous in the first place? no, that can't be.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
so we won't really have time to (finish the songs). There's some talk about some time next year. Fleetwood Mac always take a long time to make a record -- you know what."

Buckingham concurs, though he acknowledges that there may be a bit of clamor for the new music once word of the sessions leaks out, which may effect the timetable for the material's release. "We want to plant some seeds of awareness about what we're doing," he says. "We won't want to pretend it doesn't exist. We're very proud of it, and we do want to get the word out. But we'll have to see how much clamor there is by the time we get into rehearsal and we have some time to let these seeds grow and see what kind of interest there is. That may inform our decisions one way or the other."
maybe we are reading this clamor thing all wrong - maybe the clamor he's talking about is just tons of public pressure for them to finish up and release that long promised FM album sooner rather than later? without waiting for whatever eventualities to happen. just finish what they have and release it - that is, IF there's enough clamor.

who is WE in we/our decisions?

Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
maybe we are reading this clamor thing all wrong - maybe the clamor he's talking about is just tons of public pressure for them to finish up and release that long promised FM album sooner rather than later? without waiting for whatever eventualities to happen. just finish what they have and release it - that is, IF there's enough clamor.

who is WE in we/our decisions?

That's the way I took it...If there is great interest from WB and the fans the band (we) will be more inspired to move the (our) project forward...If WB isn't willing to give FM what it considers a good offer will they indefinitely shelve the project instead of moving to a smaller label...
Old 05-08-2014, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If they make this a double album, I think it will definitely go platinum.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I laughed out loud when I read Lindsey's remark about the double album. He really has some self spot.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel kind of sad about this......
The fact that Christine and Lindsey are in the studio without Stevie--as she is busy " with other commitments ".
But hey wait - " obviously there are parts for Stevie to sing. "
What is Stevie then ? Their backing vocalist ..........
No I'm sad and don't have a good feeling about it....
Old 05-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's the way I took it...If there is great interest from WB and the fans the band (we) will be more inspired to move the (our) project forward...If WB isn't willing to give FM what it considers a good offer will they indefinitely shelve the project instead of moving to a smaller label...
no, i don't think he's talking about either the record companies or fans such as ~150 people who post here.

he is talking about wider public. casual fans. including all those tens of thousands that fill out arenas at exorbitant prices for FM shows.

LB has gotten over clamoring for record companies' interest long time ago. i would have thought maybe that was just for solo if it wasn't for their EP self-release and Mick saying at the m&gs last year that they are well aware that album will not sell, but they want to put it out because they feel the need to do it.

as for the fans like people here, if they were doing anything for us they'd stop doing GH tours long ago and start playing deep cuts. they can't care less what we think.

i think he's talking about one of the 2 things (possibly both) -
  • generating public interest in general for new music from the band reunited with CM (and if there's great interest they won't wait for 2015, they might put the album out sooner)
  • generating enough public push to get Stevie on board, this year (like they did with Playboy interview and singing a message song on his solo tour in 2012)

now, this public clamor is oddly reminiscent of something Stevie said when the EP was coming out - to paraphrase - "if there's enough public interest for this EP, i will agree to a full album with the band." so while the rest of the band wants to put out an album to prove they still have something to say, she was basically saying she only cares to put it out if there's great possibility of a commercial success. remember, "i wanna be a star".

Old 05-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you mean to say that fame has gone to this woman's head and she's trying to hold it over the band that made her famous in the first place? no, that can't be.
No, I think she's just wanting to let people know where she'll be since some are questioning her whereabouts. If it happens to be at an event honoring her talents, so be it.

I doubt Stevie conspired with BMI to get an ICON award just so she could hold it over the band's head.

Jamie
Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nice sarcasm, Elle.

But seriously, you diehard fans are giving me a headache. I've been reading the Rumours forum (but not posting very often) and everyone here is so selfish. The group-think seems to be "We need an album and we need it now", and you're all just blind to how the music business works.

Many posters are also ignoring the significant facts that:
- John McVie has cancer, a debilitating illness which takes a long time to fully recover from (some times years).
- Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John and Christine are human beings first; musicians second. Give them a break. They have lives outside of their musical careers.

An album will probably come out eventually anyway, so why all the ranting and raving from Ledgies?

It's nothing more that trolling.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
No, I think she's just wanting to let people know where she'll be since some are questioning her whereabouts.
i was not replying to that part - plus questioning the whereabouts was rhetorical anyway (taking the liberty here to interpret DESTINYRULES' thoughts).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I doubt Stevie conspired with BMI to get an ICON award just so she could hold it over the band's head.
conspired? you watching politics pundits or something these days, Jamie?

i was replying to the part where denimlamp stated SN has earned the right to go on power trips.

personally, and morally, i think anybody going on power trips is sad. but yes it's human. and yes people do it, but it doesn't reflect well on them. this whole discussion reminds me of asking people to paint hotel rooms pink and crane-in white pianos. i justified that with being high and drunk and not at her best behavior. power trips now don't have those justifications.

CM or LB get plenty of awards that just a select few received (check the string of her awards in 2012-13 or his awards from 2011-12), and i didn't see their fans trying to use those to justify their going on some power trip with people they knew before they were famous. as far as LB goes, he grew out of his power trips, at least i hope.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Nice sarcasm, Elle.
thank you. she served, so it was too easy.

you know, i'm a selfish, non-moral person myself. yes, i have no doubt band worries about what's good for them. so then why wouldn't i worry about what's good for me?

plus, band is asking for clamoring. they say they want that album out. so yeah, it's easy then to feel the need to clamor.

i do enjoy your posts secretlove, but i understand you being tired of sifting through all the noise. tbh, i'm tired too. but then i still cannot resist and jump back in.