User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Dust Woman View Post
I hadn't actually seen this thread before I posted. My post was merged with this thread, but I had seen afew posts in various other places on the forum. Maybe if I'd seen this thread first, I would have realised it was a joke. Now I feel like a bit of a tit... but thanks for getting back to me
don't feel bad. it's not a joke that she'll probably join them at a couple of their london shows for some songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
don't feel bad. it's not a joke that she'll probably join them at a couple of their london shows for some songs.
Oh ok thanks! I'm totally confused now but really hope you're right. Ha
Although I won't be seeing them at the 02, if she does perform with them, then I look forward to seeing any videos people post on youtube!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh ok thanks! I'm totally confused now but really hope you're right. Ha
Although I won't be seeing them at the 02, if she does perform with them, then I look forward to seeing any videos people post on youtube!
yeah, merging your thread with this one was probably not the best choice. it should have been merged with one of several others instead, where people were discussing actual statements from Mick, or Lindsey, or Christine about that.

at a number of m&gs Mick was asked about that possibility and he usually said she will probably join them for 1 or 2 of their 3 london shows, for Don't Stop and maybe something else. when pressed, he was never specific which of the 3 shows it would be.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow before reading the last line I was so happy...
Damn.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 09-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, merging your thread with this one was probably not the best choice. it should have been merged with one of several others instead, where people were discussing actual statements from Mick, or Lindsey, or Christine about that.

at a number of m&gs Mick was asked about that possibility and he usually said she will probably join them for 1 or 2 of their 3 london shows, for Don't Stop and maybe something else. when pressed, he was never specific which of the 3 shows it would be.
Thanks so much for the info! I've read that Christine recently did an interview with (I think) Radio 2 and she said if they asked her to play, she would. Since she isn't promoting new music (that I know of), if she wasn't planning on joining them in London then I don't know why she'd be publicly speaking about it and going on the radio. Looks like it's very likely which is cool!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info! I've read that Christine recently did an interview with (I think) Radio 2 and she said if they asked her to play, she would. Since she isn't promoting new music (that I know of), if she wasn't planning on joining them in London then I don't know why she'd be publicly speaking about it and going on the radio. Looks like it's very likely which is cool!
Yep, the interview is for the Johnnie Walker show. I assume it will be on next Sunday maybe, or the one after that.

I'd say now that she played in Maui, stage fright seems less of a concern! It's maybe a question of when, not if!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Christine - ‘If they ask me, I’d play.’”

"Christine McVie retired from Fleetwood Mac 15 years ago, and while she’s occasionally attended the group’s concerts, she’s repeatedly refused her former bandmates’ requests to join them for a performance. But maybe her resolve is finally weakening.

McVie has been mostly off the radar since her retirement, and Stevie Nicks once said the chances of her touring again with Fleetwood Mac were akin to “an asteroid hitting the earth,” adding, “She is done. You know when you look in somebody’s face and you can just tell? She doesn’t want to do it any more.”

That hasn’t stopped the group from inviting her onstage for a one-off when she pops up at their shows, but she’s always turned them down. Now, though, it seems she might have had a change of heart.

BBC Radio 2 host Johnnie Walker, who says he talked to McVie last week, reports, “I did put the question, ‘Christine, is there any likelihood you might join Fleetwood Mac on the U.K. shows?’ She said, ‘If they ask me, I’d play.’”

This echoes something she said earlier this year. And since she’s expected among the guests at next week’s U.K. premiere of Nicks’ documentary ‘In Your Dreams,’ there will be plenty of opportunities to make the request before she changes her mind."
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris...d-mac-reunion/
Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Christine McVie still keen to perform with Fleetwood Mac on upcoming UK tour Fleetwood Mac Tickets

Radio 2 DJ Johnnie Walker reveals former member is open to playing live with former bandmates
More Fleetwood Mac news, reviews, videos and tour dates
Buy Fleetwood Mac music from Amazon

Christine McVie still keen to perform with Fleetwood Mac on upcoming UK tour

Photo: PA

Christine McVie has reiterated that she is open to performing live with Fleetwood Mac when they play live in Britain later this month.

The group will perform three gigs at London's O2 Arena in September as part of a world tour and McVie, who retired from the music industry in 1998, has previously gone on record as saying that she will "pop back on stage" if the opportunity arises.

Speaking on BBC Radio 2 this weekend host Johnnie Walker said he had been in contact with McVie and that she is still interested in the idea. "I did put the question: 'Christine, is there any likelihood you might join Fleetwood Mac on the UK shows?'" said Walker. "She said, 'If they ask me, I'd play.'"

These comments echo the sentiments McVie made earlier this year, when she said: "If they wanted me to, I might pop back on stage when they’re in London just to do a little duet or something like that." However, Steve Nicks of Fleetwood Mac has gone on record as saying any appearance is unlikely in the extreme. "I would say there's no more a chance of [McVie returning] than an asteroid hitting the earth. She is done," Nicks recently said.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-ma...1VMWVW92PmX.99
Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 AM

They keep running that Stevie Nicks quote which was said way before McVie hinted at a cameo...
Old 09-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, my heart jumps when I see this thread.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Honestly, my heart jumps when I see this thread.
It's very cruel in some respects...
Old 09-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OH YES!

Old 09-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"The British tour" as in the ENTIRE British Tour? All six shows in the U.K., but maybe Dublin on the 20th? Well this is exciting!! Is it really happening? I guess we won't know for sure until next week. How does this change the set? Does Chris play the entire show or just the encores? So many questions this raises.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
"The British tour" as in the ENTIRE British Tour? All six shows in the U.K., but maybe Dublin on the 20th? Well this is exciting!! Is it really happening? I guess we won't know for sure until next week. How does this change the set? Does Chris play the entire show or just the encores? So many questions this raises.
Encores are a pretty good guess- I can't imagine her sticking around for more than a few songs. Or perhaps just popping onstage a few times throughout the evening. I just don't see Fleetwood Mac fundementally restructuring their setlist for 3 shows. But if she were to be behind the keyboards for the entirety, how amazing would that be?
Old 09-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More news! Apparently she's just joining for one song.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24083924