User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lol, the real question is, can Lindsey help Christine with her performance so that the show won't be like a cabaret act, like he said her solo shows are? THAT is the question!
He made that comment over 30 years ago. Chill out.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
He made that comment over 30 years ago. Chill out.
Really! If we start undusting every comment every member of the classic line-up said about each other.... I think it'd be best to keep our mouths shut.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Now that you guys mention it, he could look happier.
I guess I'm used to him looking like that.
Yeah. He's never been Mr. Smiles on album covers. He prefers to look intriguing, or whatever.

I always say about the Tusk photoshoot that I love how the photographer never gave Lindsey any direction. He talked to the other ones, but was happy to just let Lindsey look naturally odd. Michele
Old 04-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol don't be so sensitive! After all, if people can ASSUME Stevie is going to be jealous that the Bob Dylan's son is a "special guest" on the tour, based on a quote from a documentary 10 years ago, then I can quote Lindsey from 30 years ago.

Last edited by bwboy; 04-15-2017 at 05:34 PM..
Old 04-15-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Lol don't be so sensitive! After all, if people can ASSUME Stevie is going to be jealous that the Bob Dylan's son is a "special guest" on the tour, based on a quote from a documentary 10 years ago, then I can quote Lindsey from 30 years ago.
I went to see Christine in 1984 and was blown away by the performance. Blown away. It was so intense and almost every song had an intensity. I saw his show many years later and it was just as crazy. They both put on an amazing solo show. Sadly, her 1984 video fell short of what the show was.
He did say it... but I actually thought Christine's show was slightly better. Todd Sharp was on fire.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well those assumptions are just as silly as quoting Lindsey from 30 years ago. You don't need to feed fire with fire. But even then, it probably wouldn't be quite the same since that was a one-time comment him whereas Stevie has brought up that quote several times since that documentary, even including in her In Your Dreams stuff, making everyone remember it a lot more than they probably would have otherwise. But nonetheless, everyone needs to chill.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I went to see Christine in 1984 and was blown away by the performance. Blown away. It was so intense and almost every song had an intensity. I saw his show many years later and it was just as crazy. They both put on an amazing solo show. Sadly, her 1984 video fell short of what the show was.
He did say it... but I actually thought Christine's show was slightly better. Todd Sharp was on fire.
I actually thought her concert video was fantastic, so it's cool to hear her shows were even better live.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well those assumptions are just as silly as quoting Lindsey from 30 years ago. You don't need to feed fire with fire. But even then, it probably wouldn't be quite the same since that was a one-time comment him whereas Stevie has brought up that quote several times since that documentary, even including in her In Your Dreams stuff, making everyone remember it a lot more than they probably would have otherwise. But nonetheless, everyone needs to chill.
True. I just have to laugh when I see a thread that is about Christine and Lindsey's new album or tour, and someone just has to mention Stevie, for no apparent reason. Stevie is to blame for the poor album cover, Stevie is jealous that the Wallflowers (a band that had their last hit back in what, 1997?) are touring with them, Stevie is performing at Don Henley's birthday party to spite Lindsey and Christine, I mean, it's hilarious. And yes, all of those thing were really posted.

How about people quit bringing Stevie into every thread
Old 04-15-2017, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True. I just have to laugh when I see a thread that is about Christine and Lindsey's new album or tour, and someone just has to mention Stevie, for no apparent reason. Stevie is to blame for the poor album cover, Stevie is jealous that the Wallflowers (a band that had their last hit back in what, 1997?) are touring with them, Stevie is performing at Don Henley's birthday party to spite Lindsey and Christine, I mean, it's hilarious. And yes, all of those thing were really posted.

How about people quit bringing Stevie into every thread

Correction, we determined it was Chris, her brother.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed the website still says More to Come at the bottom. I wonder if that is referring to more dates?!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I noticed the website still says More to Come at the bottom. I wonder if that is referring to more dates?!
Hopefully. They're probably waiting to see how these dates sell first...?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Hopefully. They're probably waiting to see how these dates sell first...?
I don't see Los Angeles or New York.

They were working out the rehearsal schedule w/ Fleetwood Mac. (i am guessing)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:51 PM

I'm may buy LVegas tickets just in case.