User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
In all these years, Stevie has never once not offered newly-penned songs to Fleetwood Mac, right alongside any vaulted songs she gives them. I doubt this time around will be any different. In fact, considering that she's going to be releasing 18 of those vaulted songs on her solo album, it seems even more likely that she'll offer completely new material to the Mac.
I would definitely agree with this - considering any brand new material and songs she's done would have more exposure on a new Fleetwood record than it might on one of her solo records (at this point in her career). A part of that has to do with Christine's return - so there will be a lot more attention paid to this new FM album.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
h i was hoping they composed and recorded some new music that can be shared with the Mac. maybe Mac will get some more Without Yous to add to Christine and Lindsey's new songs.
This news actually makes me more hopeful/certain that she's giving newly written songs to FM, now that I know that none of them (assuming there are some) went to this project.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
This news actually makes me more hopeful/certain that she's giving newly written songs to FM, now that I know that none of them (assuming there are some) went to this project.
Yeah, I'm glad she putting all the old stuff on this solo album. It's time for her to get over it. She can bring new stuff to FM.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Entirely agreed.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yeah, I'm glad she putting all the old stuff on this solo album. It's time for her to get over it. She can bring new stuff to FM.
FM's getting the left over demo's that didn't make the cut for the solo record that way she doesn't have to spend a lot of her time on FM plus she won't have to worry about what FM does to them...
Old 05-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Mystified is a great song as is Isn't It Midnight.
I agree. simply gorgeous. The harmonies are some of their best. Lindsey's solo is one of the most melodic he's ever recorded. I just got back from Maui and the vibe is very islandy.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
In all these years, Stevie has never once not offered newly-penned songs to Fleetwood Mac, right alongside any vaulted songs she gives them.
well, think about the most recent history - EP? she just offered one vaulted song there and that was it. she could have easily offered another song and then EP would have been a nice equilibrium of 2 songs from each songwriter and all these poor people wouldn't have to bi*ch and complain there's not enough Stevie songs on the EP.

a complaint that, from how things seem to be progressing, we'll probably see again with this upcoming FM album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is from the original Billboard article, but it has a few quotes, we didn't have before]

Macomb Daily by Gary Graff, October 21, 2014

http://www.macombdaily.com/arts-and-...-fleetwood-mac

Christine McVie's return un-breaks the chain for Fleetwood Mac

When Christine McVie left Fleetwood Mac in 1998, Lindsey Buckingham, for one, didn’t think he’d ever see her standing across the stage to his right ever again.

“For years I was telling everybody else, ‘Y’know, she’ll never be in the band again. She’s gone. She’s GONE!’” Buckingham, 65, recalls with a laugh. “I really believed that, that she’d burned all her bridges and sold her house and her (song) publishing and just needed to get out of L.A., needed to move on from that scene, y’know?

“I didn’t think she’d ever change her mind.”

Today’s lesson, children: Never say never. McVie — who joined Fleetwood Mac in 1968 and was responsible for hits such as “Say You Love Me, “Over My Head,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Don’t Stop” and “Hold Me” — has, in fact, un-broken “The Chain” and returned to the band after joining it on stage last fall in England. And besides being on tour with the Mac once again, McVie took part in songwriting and recording during the summer in Los Angeles — a full-scale reinvestiture that generated plenty of excitement in, around and about the long-lived band.

"I just saw myself as a retired lady of leisure with the rural manor in England and the Range Rover and the dogs,” says McVie, 71, who spent four years restoring that 17th century house, but also released a solo album, 2004’s “In the Meantime.”

“Eventually I just realized that I made a huge mistake. It took me about 10 years to realize it, that’s all. I started missing (the band) and playing with them and the interaction, the chemistry of it all. I just started to really, really desire to start doing something again, and the only people I could think of that have any desire to do anything with would be them, Fleetwood Mac. They’re my musical family.”

Also influencing McVie’s decision in 1998 was a debilitating fear of flying. She sought therapy to overcome it, and drummer Mick Fleetwood offered an invitation in 2013 for her to visit him in Hawaii, where he resides. The timing worked out so Fleetwood would be in England just before, so McVie was able to fly with her old friend as a companion.

During the visit she played with Fleetwood and ex-husband bassist John McVie, in an ad hoc blues band they maintain, and made a side trip to Los Angeles for a Fleetwood Mac reunion dinner with all five members, including singer Stevie Nicks.

“That was great fun,” recalls Buckingham. “It was very interesting to see what that extra piece of the puzzle does to the overall equation. It was a trip because she was the same old person I’d always known, and she was cracking me up.” And when McVie joined the band for encores of “Don’t Stop” in London during it all, it seemed fait accompli that her time in self-imposed exile was over.

“I think it was me that might have made overtures to Mick, ‘What do you think are the chances? What about if I really would like to come back? Is it possible?’” McVie says. “And Mick was just nonplused, really, because he never thought I’d get on a plane again.

“And then, of course, one thing led to another. We had a few big, long talks transatlantic. It was like the prodigal daughter, really. They all welcomed me with open arms. It’s all happened in a really sort of natural, organic matter.”

The recording sessions in Los Angeles yielded several songs — “Carnival Begin,” “Red Sun” and “Too Far Gone.”

“There’s a whole variety, starting from sort of blues-based songs to very commercial songs,” says McVie, noting she and Buckingham collaborated on the tunes even more than they had in the past. Nicks missed the sessions while preparing her new solo album, “24 Karat Gold — Songs From the Vaults,” but the group plans to return to the studio to finish and release its first new recordings since 1987’s “Tango in the Night.”

“Knowing me, I’m going to be pushing for a double album,” Buckingham says with a laugh. “But we’ll have to see how much clamor there is, what kind of interest there is. That may inform our decisions one way or the other.

“We’re just very excited, and I’m happy this is happening. The whole thing has just got such a circular feel to it. If you’re talking about one more act for this play that is Fleetwood Mac, or whatever you want to call it, I can’t think of a better way to do it.”
Old 10-21-2014, 01:56 PM

Bridges!! Where's Gerald!?