The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got a new A string, and the guy their tuned it for me for free. I got some picks, but I prolly won't be using them. Now I gotta learn something. LoL
Old 09-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yeah, where can I get some good, large pictures of the Rick Turner Model 1 guitar (The one he uses the most) and the one where he plays "Bleed To Love Her" and "Here Comes The Sun" with?
Old 09-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Blue...

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lbphotos/LBuckAHI04.html

I believe this is the one or similar to the one he used during Here Comes the Sun. Is it not?

I would go to www.rickturnerguitars.com to see pictures of the Rick Turner guitars.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is that adress right. Cause the link doesn't work.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Turner pics

You wanna see some Turner guitars?

goto www.gbase.com and type in Turner in the first search column. Hit "Get 'em" and enjoy the feast!

Old 09-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool WOOOO!!!

NEW Rick Turner Model One C-LB-P, New, GigBag, Call For Price!

The Model One initially gained fame as Lindsey Buckingham's (Fleetwood Mac) guitar of choice since he took delivery of Serial #79-003 in 1979. Although the Model One has been seen on stages around the world, they've been notoriously hard to purchase. In the 22 years since the Model One's introduction, only 250 units have been built.

***Make that 251..right, seteca. GORGEOUS guitars, thanks for the link, madformac!!
Old 09-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Christy

That pic. you attached is actually the Gibson Chet Atkins he uses to play "Big Love" and "Go Insane" with.

The guitar he uses for "Bleed To Love Her" & "Here Comes The Sun" is the amplicoustic Rick Turner Renaissance RS-6.

Here it is:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rs6.jpg (33.6 KB, 4877 views)

Last edited by seteca; 09-08-2002 at 05:00 PM..
Old 09-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Thanks seteca!

What gorgeous instruments, aren't they?

Thanks for posting that picture, seteca!

I must have typed in the rick turner guitar site wrong or something. Just search on Rick Turner and you should find it!
Old 09-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, this is all really helping me out. But I have a quick question, probably a really stupid one. Anyway, I have a music book with the Tabulature(sorry don't know how to spell it), and when they show which chords to play, how do you know how many times to play the chord and how do you know when to strum from the top or from the bottom(upstroke i think it's called). Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks!

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks
Old 09-08-2002, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Golddustchic....

Quote:
Originally posted by golddustchic
Wow, this is all really helping me out. But I have a quick question, probably a really stupid one. Anyway, I have a music book with the Tabulature(sorry don't know how to spell it), and when they show which chords to play, how do you know how many times to play the chord and how do you know when to strum from the top or from the bottom(upstroke i think it's called). Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Thanks!
The only way to get a proper sense of how many times to strum a chord is to listen to the song....strum in time with the beat of the song is all i can say....there isn't really a correct number of times you can play that chord...as long as u play it in time. I realise that sounds really unhelpful but if you're asking "is there a way of finding how many times I'm meant play a chord", the answer is no. Play to a rhythm that you like, just make sure you're in time with the song and you change chords at the right time. If you're asking about any FM/LB/SN songs let me know which song it is and i can specifically help you out if you want.

As for whether you should strum up or down, listen to the song. It should be obvious. Also, in your tab book, next to the tabbed chord there shoud be a squiggly arrow...if it's going up....strum downwards.....i.e. start from the bass note and strum to the highest note. And obviously vice-versa.

Feel free to email / PM me with specific questions! I'll do my best to help you out!

Last edited by seteca; 09-08-2002 at 11:07 PM..
Old 09-08-2002, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Thanks so much Seteca!!! I figured there was no easy answer for my questions. Just thought I'd throw it out there. But your tips are very appreciated and I will definitely follow them.

Thanks a million!!!

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks
Old 09-09-2002, 10:24 AM

Actually, if indeed what you are looking at is a tablature book, the question of how many times you should strike the chord is mute. Tab books just repeat the fingering for the chords as many times as it needs to be played. So if it shows up 2 times within a bar, strike it two times. Whether it's up or down, there are symbols that tell you which. I can't remember what they are because I just do it instinctively, but you can go to the "tablature explained" section of harmony-central.com for that information.

Now, if what you have is actually a book with musical notation only (without the tabs), it becomes a little harder if you don't know how to read music. You can still tell how many times to strike the chord, though, by looking at the notes on the page, even if you don't know how to read the notes.

Note: I cracked up when I realized what I wrote above: "the question of how many times you should strike the chord is mute." I am laughing out loud right now because of the unintended pun. Of course I meant "moot" not "mute."

Last edited by CarneVaca; 09-09-2002 at 03:21 PM..
Old 09-09-2002, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golddustchic
Thanks so much Seteca!!! I figured there was no easy answer for my questions. Just thought I'd throw it out there. But your tips are very appreciated and I will definitely follow them.

Thanks a million!!!
No problemo.. ...and yea CarneVaca is absolutely right, I was visualising a "lyrics&chords" kinda book for some weird reason (i.e. with the lyrics and then "Dm"..for example) when I replied to your post....but if it's got the chords themselves tabbed out then simply play what you see per bar! They will have a correct (not "the" correct) number of chords to play for each bar, mostly likely the same number that the original guitarist played if its an accurate transcription.
For whether you have to strum up or down at least in the transcriptions that i've seen it's denoted by that squiggly arrow I described earlier.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Thanks again!! You guys are really helping me out here

Old 09-10-2002, 08:32 AM

Let me tell you what really sucks: You're replacing your strings. You wind up the D string and keep turning the machine head, forget to pay attention and PLOP!! You just broke a brand new string. Just happened to me.