User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is one big, giant, YAWN!!!!

There is no reason to buy this album......

Too bad- they could have really done something great.

Oh, well........
Old 08-22-2002, 06:55 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
There wasn't a single outside of the promo only ones for airplay as was the case with Stevies Sorcerer & Everyday last year
But there was some kind of commercial single- I know becuase I own it and I bought it in a regular old record store. The sleeve is a picture of Lindsey kissing Stevie after Landslide from the dance concert. And there are 3 b-sides (it's a cd single, but you know what I mean) I think they are Gold Dust Woman, Over My Head, and Go Insane, all from the Dance. Oh wait, unless it was an import... I dunno...
Old 08-23-2002, 11:25 AM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I have a 45 of Silver Springs...

as the B-side with "Don't Stop." I always thought that was unusual, since every discography of FM I've seen always says it was the B-side of "Go Your Own Way." I found it in a regular old record store too, plain wrapper, with the old palm trees Warner Bros. label on it.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr

But there was some kind of commercial single- I know becuase I own it and I bought it in a regular old record store. The sleeve is a picture of Lindsey kissing Stevie after Landslide from the dance concert. And there are 3 b-sides (it's a cd single, but you know what I mean) I think they are Gold Dust Woman, Over My Head, and Go Insane, all from the Dance. Oh wait, unless it was an import... I dunno...
The single you described was released commercially in Germany in 1998 (or late 1997... uh, it´s 5 years ago already! ). I don´t know about any other European countries but it was promoted with FM´s appearance on "Wetten Daß?" in December 1997 for the German market. BTW, the single contains a radio edit of "Silver Springs" instead of the regular album version.

Last edited by Street Angel; 08-23-2002 at 01:16 PM..
Old 08-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Livia

The SS single that has "Don't stop" on the other side was the WB reissue on their "back to back hits" series when they would reissue old singles for the "oldies but goodies" sections of record stores (when they used to sell vinyl, let alone vinyl singles!). The original pressings of the GYOW single had SS on the B-side. I think on the WB "back to back hits" series version of the GYOW single, "Dreams" was on the B-side but I'm not sure as I don't collect singles unless I can't get the songs on them elsewhere but I think that was it and I think the original "palm tree" pressings of the "Don't stop" single had "Never going back again" on the B-side (in the US anyways). I hope that was of some help.

John
Old 08-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have personally never heard of such a thing as a double A side
The Beatles: Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out 45
The Beatles: Paperback Writer/Rain 45
The Beatles: Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever 45
The Beatles: Hey Jude/Revolution 45
The Beatles: Something/Come Together 45

Both sides of those singles got equal airplay...and were considered "double A-sides".

I think the Beach Boys had two or three, as well, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. The one with "I Get Around" rings a bell, though.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up More "Double A-Sides"...

Queen-These Are The Days Of Our Lives/Bohemian Rhapsody-UK Only

Queen-We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions

Definately ALOT of airplay for these 2 great songs...

Queen-Fat Bottomed Girls/Bicycle Race

Ditto, Plus a great picture sleeve on the original version of the 45...Hehehehe, I remember my brother had that sucker before it was "censored"...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-23-2002, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Landslide

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr

I have one that looks like that that's a CD single of Landslide, with four different remixes of it, including the WA version. It was the first time I'd ever heard the original (I didn't own the WA then). I was like "This one isn't nearly as good as the one on the Dance! They messed it up!" <--- Ignorantly thinking that Landslide was a new song, and that version was just another remix. I was SO stupid about FM back then!

Old 08-24-2002, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I own the Silver Springs single with Gold Dust Woman (kick-ass, I don't know WHY they couldn't find room on The Dance cd to stick it on there!!), Over My Head & Go Insane from Germany as well. Even if it wasn't "technically" released as a single anywhere else, to call it a "minor" hit is still an understatement!! Grammy nomination!!!!!!!!!!!! But anyway.........

Lori, good to see you posting, and they are very good words, at that--might I say I think you may be on to something there!! Songs they may be considering blowing the dust off of and playing on the new tour.....hmmmmm........(the wheels are turning and the heart is racing!!)

And while I'm not so inspired by the track listing, I will definitely be buying this 2-disc set. If anything, I can alternate between the '88 disc and this set--which one goes in my car and which one stays in my cd player at work!! Plus, like what was mentioned, maybe we'll get some new or never before seen pics and things inside..........I do agree that this IS a best of set.........there are a lot more people included in the "general public" who will enjoy this set, then there are huge, obsessive Mac fanatics like us, who may not be so enthusiastic about this collection (been there, done that many times before kinda thing)....it's a good thing to get them back out there and saying "hey folks, we're still here, here's something to re-familiarize you with our greatest music, we're coming back soon with something totally new--buy it too, and be there on the tour!!!!" I guess I'm just one of those suckers from The Ledge!! I am getting more and more excited every day about hearing and seeing The Mac again!!!!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down