User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, but without Lindsey, it would've been BTM, part II.

Lindsey is the guiding force that FM needs.
And wasn't it Lindsey's solo project that got them all back together? Again lol.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
And wasn't it Lindsey's solo project that got them all back together? Again lol.
Some bloated egos ~band members and fans~, can't admit it.

It's okay, we know the truth.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some bloated egos ~band members and fans~, can't admit it.

It's okay, we know the truth.
It's just really so sad. I don't understand how they can feel good about this. Even if Lindsey HAD made some crazy unreasonable request (which he didn't) how can they just fire their most valuable member? The one who put all that work and energy in. Sure he had an ego about it and sure he was a pain to be around a lot of the time but he did the work! And it was beautiful work. And after all these years I just don't understand where's the good for them in all of this.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
There's probably a clause on no LB questions.
I wonder how they're going to handle that. I mean, the people at these meet'n'greets will have paid over $600 for the privilege. Are they really going to start off these friendly chats with "NO Questions about Lindsey Buckingham!" and threaten to throw out anyone who disobeys?

Quote:
"Didn't Lindsey Buckingham have a really big hand in basically creating the Fleetwood Mac sound? Didn't he produce basically all their songs? And he just finished touring with Christine McVie? And they're just like 'well bye'".
That's what really astounding. Everything he'd contributed over the years - all the work he'd done for the band and continued to do for the band - counted for nothing in the end. It's so wrong, so terribly wrong.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-03-2018 at 12:28 AM..
Old 05-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's just really so sad. I don't understand how they can feel good about this. Even if Lindsey HAD made some crazy unreasonable request (which he didn't) how can they just fire their most valuable member? The one who put all that work and energy in. Sure he had an ego about it and sure he was a pain to be around a lot of the time but he did the work! And it was beautiful work. And after all these years I just don't understand where's the good for them in all of this.
Very well said. I agree with every word. It's difficult to understand how the band can be so f*cking stupid.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:27 AM
sodascouts
This message has been deleted by sodascouts. Reason: Merge
Old 05-03-2018, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I screwed a box to my mower, between my feet, in which I place a 9mm while mowing...
I like your style.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very well said. I agree with every word. It's difficult to understand how the band can be so f*cking stupid.
I think the reason you’re looking for is Stevie Nicks
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Don't Stop is really a Christine song IMHO. I think its a mistake to do Go Your Own Way. They have enough material to do. You just fired the guy and want to do the traditional Fleetwood Mac closer? Haven't you "moved on" and consider this a "new band."
Or are you so desperate to convince people this is Rumours Fleetwood Mac that you must play the first single from the album. Have you no creativity in this "new band." Do you want to sound like a cover band of Fleetwood Mac or sound like the "new" Fleetwood Mac?
Old 05-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Ledgie

Don't want Tom Petty songs in a Fleetwood Mac concert!
Old 05-03-2018, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He would have been better off if he just stopped for a few seconds, looked the guy in the eye and answered a few questions. To scurry off like that looked bad. Missed opportunity to show some class and show that he believes in the decision that was made.

Jamie
Old 05-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey had a tantrum?

where's the evidence? who told you that?

My word for his behavior/statement about the promoter, his manager, etc. That ordeal.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
He would have been better off if he just stopped for a few seconds, looked the guy in the eye and answered a few questions. To scurry off like that looked bad. Missed opportunity to show some class and show that he believes in the decision that was made.

Jamie
because:
a) he has no class
and
b) deep down he probably knows it's one of the more a$$hole-ish backstabbing non-respectful ungrateful decisions he made in his life (and i have to believe he had many ).

so i really don't know why you'd expect him to show class and belief in this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Don't want Tom Petty songs in a Fleetwood Mac concert!
I agree 100%! I'm afraid they're going to sing at least 3 Tom Petty songs- Stop Dragging My Heart by Stevie and Mike, Need to Know by Stevie, and Running Down a Dream by Mike. I could handle one Petty song, but not three, that's just too much. Along with Don't Dream It's Over, that is taking away from FM's catalog. There are just too many deep cuts that could be played instead that could also give Mike and Neil a chance to shine.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think if they start including multiple TP tunes and a Crowded House song, the reviews are going to be rough. It will get praise for being a good show and the talents of Mike and Neil will be recognized, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see this line quite a bit: "but, at the end of the day it really wasn't a Fleetwood Mac show and didn't really sound like one either"
Old 05-03-2018, 08:37 AM
Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think if they start including multiple TP tunes and a Crowded House song, the reviews are going to be rough. It will get praise for being a good show and the talents of Mike and Neil will be recognized, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see this line quite a bit: "but, at the end of the day it really wasn't a Fleetwood Mac show and didn't really sound like one either"
-
Exactly! All of these are great songs, but -like Stand Back- they have no place in a Fleetwood Mac concert. All of this makes me more despondent: the initial hope that we would get some unheard gems that LB wouldn't do from the new line up is rapidly diminishing. 3/4 TP/Crowded House songs mean 3/4 FEWER Fleetwood Mac songs.....which is what WE DON'T WANT!
As I said before, I have a horrible feeling that they will play it SO safe.................