User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2002, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
....it doesn't have a good beat and I can't dance to it! LOL!!...
LOL!! No...you certainly can't...! Although I'm trying to imagine how I would dance to it if I was completely and utterly out of my head...!! LOL!!! Funny picture!

Old 09-30-2002, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I would personally take I Want You, Loving Cup, or Play in the Rain over Slow Dancing any day! Slow Dancing is just so cheesy and cliche to my ears.

Play in the Rain always fills me with this frantic Arabian nights/Indiana Jones-type imagery. Very romantic!

I Want You is really one of my favorites! It's kinda sad and kinda "Oh Well"(no pun intended) at the same time. "It's all I can do, all I can do..."

Loving Cup is hot, hot, hot! In fact I've thought "Come" (GOS) is kinda like Loving Cup: Part II.

Slow Dancing is actually my least favorite on the album, but I realize I'm in the minority there.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 10-01-2002, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sugar
Play in the Rain always fills me with this frantic Arabian nights/Indiana Jones-type imagery. Very romantic!

That's an interesting visual. I really like it as well. I can see why people wouldn't, but I really like the sort of loneliness and quietness of the one into the frantic energy of the other. There's a great release in the second one that's hard to resist.

Slow Dancing is actually my least favorite on the album, but I realize I'm in the minority there.

We're a minority together. You and me both.

But I am definitely a DW Suite lover. The combination of the musical oddity of it, and the different kinds of vocals he uses, and just the general inspiration for it make it special to me.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well since this has turned into the Go Insane critque thread, I want to say that I really like "I Must Go" alot as well. The lyrics are merely so-so, and he says "I Must Go" about 140 times, but the music and vocal sound of it is really cool. The layering of sounds make it sort of addicting to listen to. It doesn't really matter what he is saying or what it means, because in this case it just sounds so good.....kind of like a Stevie song, no? lol!! I get it stuck in my head alot and the only thing that gets it out is to hum the theme song from "I Dream of Jeannie" and then it's gone!

Now you know I am crazy, but I do like that one alot. On another flipside, I don't care for "Bang the Drum" much at all. Boring.

Don't pick on poor "Slow Dancing"! It is very hot, and very much about....oops, sorry!

Oh, and Sugar, I very much agree about "Loving Cup" and "Come"! Lindsey has never been shy about singing about sex.

I think "Loving Cup" has the best guitar work of the album on it. I could just listen to it over and over. Sometimes I do!
At the end where he goes "HUH!!!" several times is a real spine tingler!

"I Want You" and "Loving Cup" both kick ass. They are my favs from GI.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Go Insane is by far my favorite Lindsey album

...actually it's right behind GOS, if that counts.
I find the whole thing spine-tingling, pulsing, throbbing, HOT, all of that great stuff everybody mentioned I feel like the album wouldn't be complete without one of those songs...it's like a phrase, and in a very sensual way, it builds to a climax, which is the wild part of Play in The Rain. I love it. And I do actually dance to it...that would probably be funny to watch, lol, though I do think I'm pretty darn good.
Anyway, When I first got Go Insane, I got it on vinyl, because I happened to see it for like $2, and I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Well, it didn't take me long to go get the cd, and one of the major reasons is because you have to flip the friggin record in the middle of Play in The Rain! I think its supposed to make you go insane. because it worked.

OK, for those who don't love Slow Dancing, you at least have to love that sexy bassline.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 10-03-2002, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Go Insane!!!

I really adore the craziness and the wickedly sexy
implications on Go Insane!!! Lindsey is so Manly but
yet a hurt little boy on this record! HE hurts for his self,
his daddy, his friends, his lost loves but bravely and so
intensely throbbing...pushes on!!! Slow Dancing is just
very sensual!!!I ADORE Lindsey's KISS on the Video!

HAPPY B-DAY LINDSEY! HAPPY B-DAY to YOU!
Have a HAPPY ONE with Kristen and your KIDS!

Best Wishes to My MUSICAL HERO!!! Blessings, Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey

Last edited by Skylark; 10-03-2002 at 09:29 AM..
Old 10-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default I Must Go

Quote:
Well since this has turned into the Go Insane critque thread, I want to say that I really like "I Must Go" alot as well. The lyrics are merely so-so, and he says "I Must Go" about 140 times, but the music and vocal sound of it is really cool. The layering of sounds make it sort of addicting to listen to. It doesn't really matter what he is saying or what it means, because in this case it just sounds so good.....
I have a friend who thinks exactly like you do - he was the only one at Texas A&M that I knew who loved LB almost as much as me! lol Anyway, we had an argument about this. He says "My favorite LIndsey song is 'I Must Go' and I was like "How can you like that BEST when it doesn't SAY anything!" And he says "I just don't listen to the words. I think it sounds cool." Which had me shaking my head but I guess it's not so uncommon!

Side note - funny story about this - one time we were arguing about "I Must Go" and I kept accidentally calling it "I Want You." He gives me this look and I could SO tell he thought I was making Freudian slips. What an ego! lol

Old 10-26-2002, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

2. I think it is Adams, but again I don't know for sure.
You're correct, it's Adams.
Old 10-26-2002, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, I didn't think I imagined it!
Old 10-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Lindsey's voice from "Law & Order" & "Mirage" the best.