The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-16-2018, 04:10 AM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 544
Default Interview With Manager Of Fritz And Buckingham Nicks

http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/interview-davidforest

Apparently, under a pseudonym, Fritz released a single in 1968: https://www.discogs.com/Sincerely-Sa...lease/10001338. Here's the B-side, with Lindsey on lead vocal and Stevie on backing vocal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrEX9fHqcVQ

It sounds as though Lindsey and Stevie dated casually toward the end of Fritz in 1970, and then seriously after the band's breakup in 1971: "They began while Fritz was together but didn’t get really ‘heavy’ until after the breakup." How a couple can stay together for five years without getting married baffles me. I wonder whether Lindsey ever proposed. I wonder whether Stevie got pregnant and Lindsey wanted to keep the baby and get married, but she chose to do neither.

In the end, their manager came to view Buckingham Nicks as too mellow (the album is somewhat folky, which frankly is very much to my taste): "They were meant to be rock and rollers. Buckingham Nicks was just not hard enough. The public loved them as rock stars with Fleetwood Mac." "Stevie and Lindsey on their own were so much better than Fritz, and, of course, Stevie and Lindsey as part of Fleetwood Mac was the BOMB."

Last edited by cbBen : 12-16-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 12-16-2018, 10:21 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 491
Default

Interesting article. I always thought Stevie and Lindsey were together before Fritz broke up. I love the line "Stevie had affairs" LOL.

Also interesting that the group resented Stevie getting all the attention. It's something she mentioned many times, but this proves it. I always thought a lot of Stevie's anger towards Lindsey was because of this, but it sounds more like it was Javier and Brian.

Thanks for this article. Very good find.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2018, 03:24 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,688
Default

Cool find! Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2018, 03:54 PM
luminol luminol is online now
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 64
Default

This is a really interesting read. Thank you for sharing, cbBen.

I wonder if Stevie ever thought to get back in touch with David Forest over the years (I would wonder about LB too, but David stated they weren't close even then, so highly unlikely). It sounds like he did a lot of work for them to get them prepped to join FM. I guess there are always the forgotten people behind the scenes, and in early years, who help stars get to where they are now.

Great find - thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2018, 05:24 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I guess there are always the forgotten people behind the scenes, and in early years, who help stars get to where they are now.
Not for Tom Petty. One manager for life. Remained loyal even after he made it big and could have moved on to a bigger player in the industry.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-17-2018, 06:15 PM
luminol luminol is online now
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 64
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Not for Tom Petty. One manager for life. Remained loyal even after he made it big and could have moved on to a bigger player in the industry.
Not at all surprised to learn that. Classy to the end.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-17-2018, 08:20 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/interview-davidforest

Apparently, under a pseudonym, Fritz released a single in 1968: https://www.discogs.com/Sincerely-Sa...lease/10001338. Here's the B-side, with Lindsey on lead vocal and Stevie on backing vocal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrEX9fHqcVQ

It sounds as though Lindsey and Stevie dated casually toward the end of Fritz in 1970, and then seriously after the band's breakup in 1971: "They began while Fritz was together but didn’t get really ‘heavy’ until after the breakup." How a couple can stay together for five years without getting married baffles me. I wonder whether Lindsey ever proposed. I wonder whether Stevie got pregnant and Lindsey wanted to keep the baby and get married, but she chose to do neither.

In the end, their manager came to view Buckingham Nicks as too mellow (the album is somewhat folky, which frankly is very much to my taste): "They were meant to be rock and rollers. Buckingham Nicks was just not hard enough. The public loved them as rock stars with Fleetwood Mac." "Stevie and Lindsey on their own were so much better than Fritz, and, of course, Stevie and Lindsey as part of Fleetwood Mac was the BOMB."
this was Nicole's interview from few years ago, pretty sure she posted it on here before. she did a great job!
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Custom -Nicks
$2899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Custom -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved