Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

Post Seven wonders has lost it

this morning while I was driving down the road when I recieved a phone call. This call was from a friend who let me know I was banned. ok I can live with this if I was banned for a reason. Perhaps I posted something way over the line but no, it was because I went to another forum with a bunch of friends. We were all banned. I know many here are also members of sevenwonders so you might wonder where we are. why were we banned and I know the "wizard" has not the balls to be honest that he banned us because we started a forum of chit chat, which he had removed from his site. He claims he would ban peple if they attack a Moderator yet he allowed a mod to be verbally assaulted by a member. Was the member banned, no instead Chit chat was closed and when we started our own forum to chit chat, Brian aka the wizard blow a head gasket and bans everyone who was over there. We were banned because of a friendship we all made. A friendship that was started because of a comman intrest in Stevie and FM. Even after the chit chat was removed, we still posted. I even became a forum leader that lasted till this morning. So for all those here who also post in Seven wonders I say Beware. I really think Brian has lost it
Trucker Mike
Old 06-26-2007, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerMike View Post
this morning while I was driving down the road when I recieved a phone call. This call was from a friend who let me know I was banned. ok I can live with this if I was banned for a reason. Perhaps I posted something way over the line but no, it was because I went to another forum with a bunch of friends. We were all banned. I know many here are also members of sevenwonders so you might wonder where we are. why were we banned and I know the "wizard" has not the balls to be honest that he banned us because we started a forum of chit chat, which he had removed from his site. He claims he would ban peple if they attack a Moderator yet he allowed a mod to be verbally assaulted by a member. Was the member banned, no instead Chit chat was closed and when we started our own forum to chit chat, Brian aka the wizard blow a head gasket and bans everyone who was over there. We were banned because of a friendship we all made. A friendship that was started because of a comman intrest in Stevie and FM. Even after the chit chat was removed, we still posted. I even became a forum leader that lasted till this morning. So for all those here who also post in Seven wonders I say Beware. I really think Brian has lost it
Trucker Mike

Mike - Was this chit-chat a thread that you guys created in seven wonders itself, or on a completely unrelated board? I really need to know because - - - well, for reasons that I think should be obvious. You wouldn't believe who's been banned, or how many people. I swear to god this looks exactly like a witch hunt and it's following the same patterns. Did you see the movie with Winona Ryder? It's looking exactly like that. I started seeing some warning signals months ago. It started out slowly and seemingly innocently.
Can you come on into Nicksfix chat sometime? I'd love to talk with you about it there. I need to get as much information as possible about what's really going down here.
By the way at least one of the MODERATORS have been banned and they've selected several "replacements."

P.S. - One thing that's amazing is that this is antithetical to everything Stevie stands for. She'd have some opinions about this, believe me.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 06-26-2007 at 03:40 AM..
Old 06-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wondered what the heck had happened over there. It looks like half the board has been banned! And people that have been there right form the start! Because you started a chit chat forum?? What is the problem with doing that?? (and where is this forum btw )
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Mike - Was this chit-chat a thread that you guys created in seven wonders itself, or on a completely unrelated board? I really need to know because - - - well, for reasons that I think should be obvious. You wouldn't believe who's been banned, or how many people. I swear to god this looks exactly like a witch hunt and it's following the same patterns. Did you see the movie with Winona Ryder? It's looking exactly like that. I started seeing some warning signals months ago. It started out slowly and seemingly innocently.
Can you come on into Nicksfix chat sometime? I'd love to talk with you about it there. I need to get as much information as possible about what's really going down here.
By the way at least one of the MODERATORS have been banned and they've selected several "replacements."

P.S. - One thing that's amazing is that this is antithetical to everything Stevie stands for. She'd have some opinions about this, believe me.
It was a completely unrelated board that we just used as a place to chit chat while the chit chat forum is down! I cant believe that I have been banned...I have never done anything wrong, and have done nothing but contribute for the last two years! Where were the three strikes! I am so furious and sad. This sucks. Half the members are banned...
Old 06-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
I wondered what the heck had happened over there. It looks like half the board has been banned! And people that have been there right form the start! Because you started a chit chat forum?? What is the problem with doing that?? (and where is this forum btw )
I know!

I'll send you a link...
Old 06-26-2007, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i have to say whilst i can't comment on this exact issue, i have had nothing but trouble over there myself~ for some reason a bunch of them must think i am someone else or associate my name w/ someone they have had a problem w/ in the past , i can look over there, which i do look at the images & stevie part of it, that is all i can do & wizard too has harrassed me over her at the ledge thru pm, claiming that i am someone else & was in cahoots w/ people over there that i don't think i have ever spoke too, the only thing i could think of why he would hate is cuz i did pm him on some rare photos that i posted over there & another 7Wonderer (who shall remain nameless) took the scans & made copies to sell on ebay & blatantly spoke of it~ it's funny too cuz these same people that are horrible to me on 7W are nice to me everywhere else in stevie circles, i was invited to join over there when it 1st started up & the ledge was down & it all seemed like a place us ledgies could go when the ledge was getting maintanenced & such~ i finally just gave up caring ~ & stay over where i feel much more accepted~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 06-26-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Old 06-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike, and all of you for that matter, I am really sorry to hear about this. I know what it is like to get banned without even recieving strikes. They claim to have a three strikes system, but when they feel like banning you, they have no problems just doing it.

While I was there, yes I was loud and occasionally did things that really weren't proper etiquette, but I never broke three rules, and never got strikes. All of a sudden one day... POOF!!!

I wouldn't even worry about it, for real. I know it is kind of shocking at first, but you'll soon discover that the Ledge is much better and there is so less drama over here. So to those of you who have been banned, please start posting here regularly.

It's sad that they are striking down people who have been so loyal to their website, but at this point, what can you do. I don't want to sound like I have a big head, but I knew when they banned me that things were only going to start going downhill with the banning stuff.

SO anyway you all, take this into consideration, will ya?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
Pip email me if you want to register. I had to close registrations last night because of ahem....trolls. gypsyrhiannon1@aol.com.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind View Post
Pip email me if you want to register. I had to close registrations last night because of ahem....trolls. gypsyrhiannon1@aol.com.
LOL! Will do
Old 06-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just find this all so hypocritical. I mean 7 Wonders was started when this board was down so I don't see how it would be a problem for people from over there to start a chit chat forum when there isn't one on 7 wonders?! It's not as if people can chat by PM over there as most people don't have that facility. It all seems very bizarre...It certainly surprised me when I saw some of the names of people who have been banned.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^Word, Pip. But I have to say it doesn't surprise me. I predicted this a long time ago. There comes a time when people just get fed up and move elsewhere.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how the "Wizard" formed 7W as a backup forum for The Ledge, and then tried to deny it. In the first few weeks of its existence it was called "The Ledge 2." It's quite obvious now that the guy has no brains in his head, after all these bannings.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

damn. I'm just confused...and sad, but mostly confused.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

'Apparently there will be an explanation thread over there 'very soon'!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My $0.02...

I don't want to dump on the guy, because Brian was a cool kid to hang out with (in person), and he had the courage and initiative to go his own way... but I have to agree that none of this surprises me. What probably started off as something kinda fun and interesting seems to have snowballed into an all-encompassing serious obsession with him. There's no joking around anymore- He.must.control.the.Stevie.fan.universe. Some months ago he PM'd me (on the Ledge) with this angry, run-on diatribe in response to some lighthearted, indirect dig I made about "the other board," which was totally done in jest, and I could only feel sadness that this dark side of his personality was surfacing. He's a very sensitive guy, and I know that he had some family issues growing up, so I suspect he probably has some abandonment issues. It's just sad, really.

He's young, smart (if not a little eccentric) and hopefully will realize how this is all being perceived, even if it means he burns every bridge in the process. I would cut the kid some slack... he will come around eventually.