User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
The ho part was a figure of speech I'll say that. But here is a person who is using SOMEONE ELSES fame for their own gain. I find that repulsive. Now haveing said that, it's just my opinion, and if other people find what she has to say interesting, so be it.
What an odd thing to say. Many writers such as biographers and journalists use someone else's fame for their own gain - so what? Maybe you just want to blow off some steam because she's challenging the Lindsey-as-all-conquering-hero myth?

The responses in this thread are, by and large, extremely hostile to Ms Harris. Maybe she really did have a bad time at the hands of LB - who are we to argue otherwise, since we weren't there? The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).

I'll probably read this book, because at least it presents another side to FM and LB. I'm not saying the revelations in the book are true, but then you can't be sure about the truth of any biography. Let the woman have her limelight - she's waited long enough to tell her story.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Gimme a break. She was even more of a coke head than Stevie Nicks was . . . .
You were there - you know this for sure

In the end, you seemingly are just pissed because she will cast LB in what we assume will be a totally bad light. On edit - the review posted above compliments LB's artistic side and seemingly portrays the band in a good like a la "beautiful insanity" - so it seemingly is not all bad

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-17-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass_monkey View Post
. . . she's waited long enough to tell her story.

And, it is her story to tell - she was there after all. Thus, I just do not get the auto hate for this book and the author.

And, if someone wrote a tell all book about La Nicks being a complete beeyotch during the RAL sessions (which she clearly was by her own admission) -- I'd support their right to publish that as well. Would I approach it with reservation, probably so. But, I approach Harris' book the same way.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
You were there - you know this foir sure
Were you there all those times LB apparantly got violent? There are more reports about CAH snorting white dust than there are about LB assaulting people. So that argument doesn't fly.

Quote:
In the end, you seemingly are just pissed because she will cast LB in what we assume will be a totally bad light.
Meh, not really. LB is far from the perfect guy lots of people peg him to be, I am definitely not one of those. What I care about is that it's completely unnecessary, 30 years after the fact, when the guy is happily married with kids.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And, if someone wrote a tell all book about La Nicks being a complete beeyotch during the RAL sessions (which she clearly was by her own admission) -- I'd support their right to publish that as well. Would I approach it with reservation, probably so. But, I approach Harris' book the same way.
I'd hate that also. Unless it was done with Stevie's consent, which would most likely not be the case. I only care about stories about their past that come from their own mouths. Everything else, especially in the world that they live in, is usually far too exaggerated and embellished to be taken seriously. And I stand by my original point, it's just tacky.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Were you there all those times LB apparantly got violent? There are more reports about CAH snorting white dust than there are about LB assaulting people. So that argument doesn't fly . . . .
Comparing the two does not in any way support your argument.

LB kicked La Nicks on stage and maybe threw a guitar at her then. Not just Mick said this. So, there is that.

That has nothing to do with who snorted more coke. Nor, does me not seeing Harris snort blow support your argument that she did more than La Nicks, which you asserted as a fact, which you could not possibly know as such unless you were there measuring the blow consumed by both over this eight or so year period
Old 05-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd hate that also. Unless it was done with Stevie's consent, which would most likely not be the case. I only care about stories about their past that come from their own mouths. Everything else, especially in the world that they live in, is usually far too exaggerated and embellished to be taken seriously. And I stand by my original point, it's just tacky.
To be fair - she has been trying for like ten years to get this published My suspicion is that LB's people have been blocking it.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Comparing the two does not in any way support your argument.

LB kicked La Nicks on stage and maybe threw a guitar at her then. Not just Mick said this. So, there is that.

That has nothing to do with who snorted more coke. Nor, does me not seeing Harris snort blow support your argument that she did more than La Nicks, which you asserted as a fact, which you could not possibly know as such unless you were there measuring the blow consumed by both over this eight or so year period
OMG. You are taking that part entirely too seriously. Measuring blow by blow... My point was, she was a coke head, no doubt about that, and just as Mick Fleetwood got slammed for writing a book based on coke-induced memories, the same thing could be said about CAH.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be fair - she has been trying for like ten years to get this published My suspicion is that LB's people have been blocking it.
Well, ofcourse! Who would need a ****ty book like that in their lives? Again, true or not true, it's just completely unnecessary.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG. You are taking that part entirely too seriously. Measuring blow by blow... My point was, she was a coke head, no doubt about that, and just as Mick Fleetwood got slammed for writing a book based on coke-induced memories, the same thing could be said about CAH.
That is true. But,m I still stand by my point that if this book was just a pack of lies with no basis in reality, it would have not been published. So, I will read it and take the points with a grain of salt -- just as i did Mick's book.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . it's just completely unnecessary.
I do not get that conclusion. Should we look then only to books written by the band itself? If that were true, then that reasoning would have to apply to other popular figures. Again, these are her experiences. She was there.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not get that conclusion. Should we look then only to books written by the band itself? If that were true, then that reasoning would have to apply to other popular figures. Again, these are her experiences. She was there.
I guess that's just me then, but while I love to read biographies, I usually only read them if they were written by the person itself or if the person in question was involved somehow. CAH is not going to write about herself, nobody even knows who she is and I sincerely doubt LB or the rest of the band had any input whatsoever. It's going to be a one-sided story.

But I'll let this argument (and my judgement) rest until I've actually read the book.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . But I'll let this argument (and my judgement) rest until I've actually read the book.
THEN - we will go at it!

You better take your vitamens from now until then so you can keep up

Old 05-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
THEN - we will go at it!

You better take your vitamens from now until then so you can keep up

I think I'm going to need a few bottles of tequila to get through it.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I'm going to need a few bottles of tequila to get through it.
I may have to fly to Amerterdam and we can discuss it in a "coffee" shop!