User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
That picture is from today. He was in San Diego for a Republican party fundraiser at the Hotel Del Coronado. He played golf yesterday and I've just shown you what he was doing today.

I was going by the news today that said he was returning to DC as seen here

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/....ap/index.html

But, and in any event, his going to fundraisers and playing golf has not negatively effected his reaction to this crisis, which so far has been great. Can you imagine if he waited to declare this eligible for Federal Aid and the Agencies assisting hands were tied. He is also considering releasing the oil reserves, which he most certainly will have to do seeing as how at least 1/3 of the nation's oil and refined oil prodcuts come from there. So, I am not bothered by that - though I do not like him - because he apparently is on top of things and I think it is a little unfair to judge him so harshly for multi-tasking

Again, nothing in this praise should be taken as a statement that I like W. I do not. I am just calling a spade a spade.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=strandinthewind]
Quote:

The big state/Parish prison is next to the highway.
That must be what it is. They showed a facility with the roof off and a sea of orange jumpsuits. They had a little boat and were transporting them 2-3 at a time to the highway ramp. I don't know where they're going after that.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=gldstwmn]
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind

That must be what it is. They showed a facility with the roof off and a sea of orange jumpsuits. They had a little boat and were transporting them 2-3 at a time to the highway ramp. I don't know where they're going after that.

Up until a few years ago, many of those prisoners were in tents - in fact it was called Tent City. The Feds blew a gasket and ordered the Parish to construct real jails as the tents were inhumane, esp. in the Summer. It was a big stink in NOLA at the time.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I
But, and in any event, his going to fundraisers and playing golf has not negatively effected his reaction to this crisis, which so far has been great.
He needs to be there for the people, not on a golf course. It's completely wrong and disrespectful.
BTW, 50% of LA's National Guard and accompanying equipment are in Iraq. How do you think that is effecting this catastrophe?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

[QUOTE=strandinthewind]
Quote:

Up until a few years ago, many of those prisoners were in tents - in fact it was called Tent City. The Feds blew a gasket and ordered the Parish to construct real jails as the tents were inhumane, esp. in the Summer. It was a big stink in NOLA at the time.
Now that you mention it, they did look like some sort of permanent tent.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He needs to be there for the people, not on a golf course. It's completely wrong and disrespectful.
BTW, 50% of LA's National Guard and accompanying equipment are in Iraq. How do you think that is effecting this catastrophe?
Apparently, not at all. There have been no reports of them needing equipment Moreover, there is no facutal information to indicate that that equipment is not being utilized better in Iraq - and if it is helping the soldiers there, I am all for it because and again, NOLA seemingly is okay with what it has as of now.

As for the golf course thing. I think that is too harsh a standard - I mean if you had your way he and every other President would never play golf and always be working, which is sort of interesting considering as you hate W's work Again, he has the situation handled as best he can right now and handled it very, very well, but you will never give him credit for that So, to each their own

Old 08-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Moreover, there is no facutal information to indicate that that equipment is not being utilized better in Iraq
No ****.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No ****.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Well, until someone can show how that equipment is sorely missed in NOLA and other parts of LA right now, you kind of have no argument other than you think we should not be in Iraq and therefore anything related to that is inherently bad no matter what good that equipment may be doing there Wasn't it not to long ago we were all screaming about how ill equipped our soldiers were in Iraq - maybe this equipment better equips them

Finally, aren't ya gonna give the a$$hole just a little credit for the Federal Declaration, the utlization of FEMA, and the probable release of the oil reserves Certainly those were good things done in a timely manner

Old 08-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Finally, aren't ya gonna give the a$$hole just a little credit for the Federal Declaration, the utlization of FEMA,
I already did, several days ago.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I already did, several days ago.

I must have missed it.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I must have missed it.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...1&page=2&pp=15
Old 08-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know I just saw it too - buit I wanna hear it again because it did not mention the oil reserves

Old 08-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got back from St. Tammany Parish, and it is bad there. It's much worse than I expected. We had to lie for them (the police) to let us in there, too. My grandmother wanted us to check on her house. We had to walk most of the way because you just couldn't get a vehicle through. It was such an obstacle course! I jumped over trees and crawled under them. (Yes, I do realize that what I've been through is absolutely nothing compared to so many others, but I wanted to share). My grandmother's house is actually okay, just with lots of scattered debris in her yard. But there are so many fallen power lines and just gigantic messes everywhere. I really didn't think it would hit so many places so hard.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I just got back from St. Tammany Parish, and it is bad there. It's much worse than I expected. We had to lie for them (the police) to let us in there, too. My grandmother wanted us to check on her house. We had to walk most of the way because you just couldn't get a vehicle through. It was such an obstacle course! I jumped over trees and crawled under them. (Yes, I do realize that what I've been through is absolutely nothing compared to so many others, but I wanted to share). My grandmother's house is actually okay, just with lots of scattered debris in her yard. But there are so many fallen power lines and just gigantic messes everywhere. I really didn't think it would hit so many places so hard.
I can't even imagine the devastation there. I am glad to hear that your grandmother's house is okay.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I can't even imagine the devastation there. I am glad to hear that your grandmother's house is okay.
Thank you. I'm really lucky to be away from all of it. We only get one channel on the TV now ( ) but, of course, that would be one that's showing all horrors in New Orleans. I can't even imagine all of that. They compare it to a tsunami.