User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
That could be it exactly...How many people at FM's shows were old enough to have bought TITN when it came out??? They probably have no concept of what the band was back in 1987...
I was alive when TITN came out and could have bought it (with parental help) but have never seen FM live with Christine. I don't think age has anything to do with it though, I think it depends on what you like best about FM. For me it's Lindsey, so Christine coming back is not something I'm excited about. I'd much rather have Lindsey back to solo.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I was alive when TITN came out and could have bought it (with parental help) but have never seen FM live with Christine. I don't think age has anything to do with it though, I think it depends on what you like best about FM. For me it's Lindsey, so Christine coming back is not something I'm excited about. I'd much rather have Lindsey back to solo.
Amen to THAT!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was born in 1987 so the SnL version of FWM is the only one I've been able to see in concert, but I can't wait to see Chis! I loved them since The Dance so she was in the band when I first started liking them. Stevie is my favorite followed equally by Chris and Lindsey. I've always loved her songs even if they don't seem to have much depth to them. She doesn't seem to have had much stage presence either. She's happy not being in the spot light unlike Stevie and Lindsey. Not a bad thing. Too many people fighting for attention would be a bad thing. I can't wait to see her! I agree with the comment that she is the only reason Stevie will put out new material with FWM. I liked Lindsey's songs on the EP. How was that a cash grab anyway? And yea they had since 1998 to release BN. Not Chris's fault. But it is her fault for a new FWM album so thank you Song Bird! See you this year

Last edited by gssmith; 01-13-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
I can't wait to see Chis! I've always loved her songs even if they don't seem to have much depth to them.
Out of curiosity, have you listened to any pre-1975 Fleetwood Mac albums? They are actually what brought me around in regards to loving Christine. Her earlier Mac songs seem to be a bit more emotional & raw. She was once the mystical lady of Fleetwood Mac, too. She was wearing shawls & singing about love crossing time & space before anyone had heard of Stevie Nicks. In case you haven't delved into pre-1975 Christine, go stream "Prove Your Love" and "Why." Chris definitely seemed to shift her style some when Lindsey & Stevie joined. But once I connected with those early Chris songs, I started falling for the rest. And began realizing how vital she was to the signature sound that we all collectively know as Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sooooo happy to hear this. The chemistry will be just great. It's the real real Fleetwood Mac. Yaaaaaayyyy

Kevin
Old 01-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
I was born in 1987 so the SnL version of FWM is the only one I've been able to see in concert, but I can't wait to see Chis! I loved them since The Dance so she was in the band when I first started liking them. Stevie is my favorite followed equally by Chris and Lindsey. I've always loved her songs even if they don't seem to have much depth to them. She doesn't seem to have had much stage presence either. She's happy not being in the spot light unlike Stevie and Lindsey. Not a bad thing. Too many people fighting for attention would be a bad thing. I can't wait to see her! I agree with the comment that she is the only reason Stevie will put out new material with FWM. I liked Lindsey's songs on the EP. How was that a cash grab anyway? And yea they had since 1998 to release BN. Not Chris's fault. But it is her fault for a new FWM album so thank you Song Bird! See you this year
I love Chris's songs, and there's no denying she's written some of their biggest hits. I love her ballads from Tusk, and no way can I resist turning up the volume for YMLF or SYLM. Personally, I don't think she lacks depth at all. Her style is more subtle, but it's beautiful.

I do agree that she lacks stage presence, however, and that that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just like with her music, her demeanor adds a balance. I don't think it will take away from the drama, but may provide a refuge to those that find the drama to be too much What I fear most is the fact that while I get to hear Chris, and that's good, it also means hearing less of Lindsey, which, for me, isn't good
Old 01-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my god. Christine! I've missed her voice so much! I can't WAIT to feel and hear the completeness when they come back on tour!
Oh sh*t. Another tour? With bonus Christine? Better start pinching pennies. Check under the couch cushions too.
But CHRISTINE!
But no solo Lindsey.

Just a dream, just a dream.

Last edited by HelloMonster; 01-13-2014 at 02:00 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Oh my god. Christine! I've missed her voice so much! I can't WAIT to feel and hear the completeness when they come back on tour!
Oh sh*t. Another tour? With bonus Christine? Better start pinching pennies. Check under the couch cushions too.
But CHRISTINE!
But no solo Lindsey.

my feelings exactly. All of what you said.

Wonder whether all people lamenting that current reincarnation is stale have seen them in concert in 2013? Because they were tight and rocking, far from stale.

That said,i was one of the lucky people who got to see them a lot last year- and so I've seen enough of the 4 in 2013, and would not go see them again in 2014 if it was the same configuration. If Christine is back, I definitely want to experience the version of the greatest hits performed by the 5. Plus I think we will actually get Lindsey solo back muchfaster if Christine tours with them this summer than if it's still just the 4 in the summer and then they follow that with a full fledged return of the 5.

As for the ticket prices, I don't see them commanding the rolling stones prices, far from it, esp not in the US or continental Europe. UK may be a very different story. But that's talking about face. Mick's tickets may be a very different story. During 2013 he charged around $400, so that was doable especially since at some venues the face was well over $200. During Unleashed I've heard that he charged $ 1200 or so for basically the same thing. That's astronomical.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 01-13-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...d-mac-20140113
Old 01-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Wonder whether all people lamenting that current reincarnation is stale have seen them in concert in 2013? Because they were tight and rocking, far from stale.

That said,i was one of the lucky people who got to see them a lot last year- and so I've seen enough of the 4 in 2013, and would not go see them again in 2014 if it was the same configuration. If Christine is back, I definitely want to experience the version of the greatest hits performed by the 5. Plus I think we will actually get Lindsey solo back muchfaster if Christine tours with them this summer than if it's still just the 4 in the summer and then they follow that with a full fledged return of the 5.
If Christine tours this summer, I think it would just be for band sea legs and that a full fledged return of the 5 would still happen later. I don't think the Mac is going to finish up any faster whether she appears this summer or later. I'd take this summer as a season preview. But I guess it depends on what their schedule is this summer. I would expect for it to be very light. If it's heavy, then I see your point.

Michele
Old 01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

As for the ticket prices, I don't see them commanding the rolling stones prices, far from it, esp not in the US or continental Europe. UK may be a very different story. But that's talking about face. Mick's tickets may be a very different story. During 2013 he charged around $400, so that was doable especially since at some venues the face was well over $200. During Unleashed I've heard that he charged $ 1200 or so for basically the same thing. That's astronomical.

On the unleashed tour I won one of the charity auctions on Ebay and I paid just slightly above face value for tickets to Ottawa. It was like 10-15 dollars more if I remember correctly. I could see the tickets being 180- 200 dollars but maybe they won't get greedy and keep them under 170.00.

Micks tickets may go for 600.00 and upwards.