User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
“Black Heart” is White Widow’s third album. Several tracks from her first, “No Wood To Knock On,” were featured on the horror movie “Ice Queen.” The White Widow name was inspired by the song “Gold Dust Woman” by Stevie Nicks in which Nicks refers to a black widow. “I am heavily influenced by performers like Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, P.J. Harvey, Sandra Bernhard and Courtney Love. These artists are raw and don’t hold anything back.”

On “Black Heart,” White Widow’s vocals do have a lovelorn rawness to them, and the rock can be searing. Very skillfully so, in that the guitar playing (by White Widow, of course) is extremely good. As a producer she’s not self-indulgent. Once the songs — including a cover of a Stevie Nicks demo, “Lady from the Mountain,” that was never released — have said what they have to say, White Widow doesn’t waste any time lingering, moving on to the next track at full speed ahead.

She’s one of those performers who you suspect could have a big following, and you’re somewhat surprised that she doesn’t quite yet.

http://www.telegram.com/article/2010...S/6110553/1011
Old 06-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saturday, June 12, 2010
Stevie and Hamburger Helper

Here's one of those crazy coincidences: I was watching this interview with Stevie Nicks, and she mentioned using Hamburger Helper back before the money came in. And I'm pretty sure I've never heard of this product in my life before (though it's clear I would have, had I been American). Then I stop the interview to get my own chow, I turn on an episode of Family Guy I've never seen before, and within three minutes there's a substantial segment with Hamburger Helper! Weeeeeird. I was freaked out! Well, not really, but mildly amusing.

http://eolake.blogspot.com/2010/06/s...er-helper.html
Old 06-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rock and Roll Will Save Your Life « The Citron Review
By adgansky
I only owned one 45 record and it was “Gypsy” by Stevie Nicks. I was eight-years old and bought it with my allowance. I had memorized and destroyed the album, “Flashdance” like a catnip mouse at the pound. I was hungry for new music. ...
The Citron Review - http://thecitronreview.wordpress.com/
Old 06-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"I Made Stevie Nicks Cry"
This is old, from January 2009, but I suggest you read this, it's really interesting!
http://www.heyheymymy.com.au/2009/01...vie-nicks-cry/

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Battle of the Ages: 5 Classic Duets and Their Modern Equivalents

In 2007, Lightspeed Champion's Devonte Hynes put up a Green Day covers album featuring Florence + the Machine's Florence Welch on vocals. Welch's contributions pulled the catchy melodies of Green Day's Nimrod to the forefront. Since they're home recordings there are no videos, but it's cool to hear Florence as a Green Day fan. Another fan of flowy, woodlands wear is the gold dust woman, Stevie Nicks, who dated Don Henley during the Rumours era (while she was also dating the Fleetwood Mac's tour promote)r. For the two years that Nicks and Henley were together, they made coke mountains out of molehills, but also managed to record the 1981 classic "Leather and Lace."

http://mog.com/MOG_Features/blog/2058522
Old 06-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
"I Made Stevie Nicks Cry"
This is old, from January 2009, but I suggest you read this, it's really interesting!
http://www.heyheymymy.com.au/2009/01...vie-nicks-cry/
The next week Stevie’s concert tour landed in Melbourne and it coincided with a Melbourne show for Cyndi Lauper who was one of the biggest stars in the world at that time.

You're right, that was interesting.

That would have been RAL era. No surprise. Poor Stevie.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fashion For Nerds: Stevie
By Audi
With all these drapey, flowing layers I felt a little Stevie Nicks, which I guess isn't really a bad thing. If I grew my hair out and invested in a really large fan, I could do some fantastic photoshoots... Top: All Saints ...
Fashion For Nerds - http://geekthreads.blogspot.com/
Old 06-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Attention Armchair Food Critics: Top Chef Returns Tonight! at ...
By BrianW
Bloom's bio says her last meal on earth would be with Stevie Nicks and that she would serve turkey salad and homemade lemonade. I mean, come on. -Our pick for potential homo-tastic moments: Arnold Myint. He hails from Nashville, ...
Phoodie.info: The New Food And... - http://www.phoodie.info/
Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rock n' Roll Myths: Stevie Nicks' Unorthodox Drug Technique

While rock stars have long been known to engage in reckless and excessive behavior, every once in a while a story arises that is so out there and unbelievable that fans are left to wonder whether it is truth or simply shameless self-promotion.

Such is the case with our latest Rock n' Roll myth. As the story goes, songstress Stevie Nicks became so addicted to cocaine during the '70s and '80s that she developed a tolerance to it, creating a hole in her nasal passage in the process. As a result, the desperate singer was said to have given a roadie a straw, and instructions to blow the drug where the sun don't shine.

Sure, it sounds farfetched and pretty reprehensible, but could this tale of depravity have really taken place? Fleetwood Mac earned a reputation during those decades as heavy drug users, but would Nicks really have gone to such trouble? The sheer shock value of the story could just as easily be a rumor started by bitter fans or a jealous lover.

In an interview with British magazine Q, Nicks addressed the legend, categorically denying all the rumors. "You know, I heard that [myth] too... But of course that never, ever happened," the singer said. "That is an absurd statement. It's not true. Maybe that nasty rumor came from the fact that people knew I had such a big hole in my nose, which of course didn’t stop me from doing cocaine one little bit. The hole in my nose is this big (Nicks sizes up a large hole on her right nostril, slightly smaller than her eye). “I have very delicate tissue, so it ate away my nose. It’s so painful. I curse the day I ever did cocaine. Nothing really works right in my head now.”

While Nicks rejected the notion that she ever ingested cocaine in such a fashion, many fans and critics still believe the story is open for debate. After all, Fleetwood Mac's greatest success came with an album entitled Rumours, written while the band was undergoing a period of extreme tension and interpersonal upheaval. Secrets were made, and romantic entanglements ripped through the band. While the Stevie Nicks myth may just be a far-exaggerated twist on an actual event, we're curious to know what other dark secrets are lying in the Fleetwood Mac vault.

http://www.955klos.com/Article.asp?i...924&spid=28266
Old 06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

While rock stars have long been known to engage in reckless and excessive behavior, every once in a while a story arises that is so out there and unbelievable that fans are left to wonder whether it is truth or simply shameless self-promotion.

Such is the case with our latest Rock n' Roll myth. As the story goes, songstress Stevie Nicks became so addicted to cocaine during the '70s and '80s that she developed a tolerance to it, creating a hole in her nasal passage in the process. As a result, the desperate singer was said to have given a roadie a straw, and instructions to blow the drug where the sun don't shine.

Sure, it sounds farfetched and pretty reprehensible, but could this tale of depravity have really taken place? Fleetwood Mac earned a reputation during those decades as heavy drug users, but would Nicks really have gone to such trouble? The sheer shock value of the story could just as easily be a rumor started by bitter fans or a jealous lover.

In an interview with British magazine Q, Nicks addressed the legend, categorically denying all the rumors. "You know, I heard that [myth] too... But of course that never, ever happened," the singer said. "That is an absurd statement. It's not true. Maybe that nasty rumor came from the fact that people knew I had such a big hole in my nose, which of course didn’t stop me from doing cocaine one little bit. The hole in my nose is this big (Nicks sizes up a large hole on her right nostril, slightly smaller than her eye). “I have very delicate tissue, so it ate away my nose. It’s so painful. I curse the day I ever did cocaine. Nothing really works right in my head now.”

While Nicks rejected the notion that she ever ingested cocaine in such a fashion, many fans and critics still believe the story is open for debate. After all, Fleetwood Mac's greatest success came with an album entitled Rumours, written while the band was undergoing a period of extreme tension and interpersonal upheaval. Secrets were made, and romantic entanglements ripped through the band. While the Stevie Nicks myth may just be a far-exaggerated twist on an actual event, we're curious to know what other dark secrets are lying in the Fleetwood Mac vault.

Us, being the peeps that love and adore her the most, know that oh yes, honey got smoke blown up her ass. The question is...did she like it? Me thinks yes and I love her all the more for it.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Good read.

Gave me the chills actually. Cocaine certainly is an insidious drug.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
Us, being the peeps that love and adore her the most, know that oh yes, honey got smoke blown up her ass. The question is...did she like it? Me thinks yes and I love her all the more for it.
No, it wasn't smoke, it was coke.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, it wasn't smoke, it was coke.
Oh I know that, it's a figure of speech. Sounded kinda cool blow some coke up the you know.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

a touch of tuesday weld: From 1979, Possibly 1980: You're The Poet ...
By lauralinger@gmail.com (laura linger)
At the time, Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks were embroiled in a torrid, albeit off-and-on, affair. It is my experience that the world is divided into two groups of people: those who get Stevie's genius, and those who don't. ...
a touch of tuesday weld - http://atouchoftuesdayweld.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://caroincarolina.blogspot.com/2...t-where-i.html

Carolyn in Carolina: F-U Grim Reaper or This is the post where I ...
By Carolyn G
I remember he found out I loved Stevie Nicks and one day, out of the blue, I received a Stevie crew t-shirt in the mail from Mark. He also sends me birthday cards. It's those kinds of things that make you love Mark although he can also ...