Old 11-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

one word: codependence.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Good call, that might be exactly what it is. When the majority of the affection comes from him especially during the OWTS tour maybe he just can't help himself
Old 11-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Good call, that might be exactly what it is. When the majority of the affection comes from him especially during the OWTS tour maybe he just can't help himself
shhh... he does no wrong, K?
Old 11-26-2017, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think there's any genuine affection going on onstage from either party.

Though the tears during the final Say Goodbye in Vegas from her did seem legit, at least in the moment. She recovered quickly however.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let’s face facts - he didn’t smack her hard enough. She was on drugs and had a big head and she needled someone to knock some sense in her head. I’m sure she drove Lindsey crazy. Not to mention he did all the work and she got all the fame. She is lucky she didn’t get the crap beat out of her.

P.S. this article is trash. Just some writer jumping on the abuse band wagon. Stevie is not a martyr.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Though the tears during the final Say Goodbye in Vegas from her did seem legit, at least in the moment. She recovered quickly however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Let’s face facts - he didn’t smack her hard enough. She was on drugs and had a big head and she needled someone to knock some sense in her head. I’m sure she drove Lindsey crazy. Not to mention he did all the work and she got all the fame. She is lucky she didn’t get the crap beat out of her.

P.S. this article is trash. Just some writer jumping on the abuse band wagon. Stevie is not a martyr.
Hey, the Queen of the Underground does no wrong!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

physical violence isn't a joke, regardless of who's doing it.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

None of them are saints. They all had their issues and made mistakes. And I agree that at times they probably all drove each other up the wall. However, saying that Stevie should have been "smacked harder" is a disgusting thing to say.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Abuse and assault is never okay and the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal clearly shows that assault and (sexual) violence against women paired with victim blaming and ignorance is still rampant. It's not that I feel that Lindsey is innocent, far from it!

But Stevie has not been in any kind or form dependent on him like - ever since 1974 and just couldn't stop messing with him, appearantly still can't. FM knew what they had in her right from the start, she was integral part of the band, gained massive starpower and holds it to this day. He treated her bad? Sure, he did. He had a massive ego problem that he turned out to her? Sure. He got into a physical fight with her? I wholeheartely believe that he did. She on the other hand had massive drug related physical and mental issues, saw herself as a victim, glorified that angle and loved her drama. Her ego grew to the size of Texas, she surrounded herself with say-yes-people and developed a strong aversion to criticism. She's also still negative towards him in interviews, her continuous nagging hanging over him like a cloud of accid. Him being an unpleasant, aggressive person has certainly cost him and his career. Stevie never got called out for her vindictive part in this mess - which seems kinda unfair to me.

And still, they allegedly part-time screwed until at least 1997 - not an indicator that they took their fights THAT serious. This are people who bring out the worst in each other but still can't get away. Did they ever get smarter about that? Appearantly not much. He somehow chilled out, she somehow got a grip on playing the victim, but not neccessary on the drama thing. But to this day, they both agree to play part of their history onstage, both seem unaware of how embarrassing that is. Just a stupid schtick that goes on and on. And that this act is what makes articles and books about their past possible.

John once threw an ax after Christine, do we hear about her being the victim? No - because they are clearly friends now and don't muddle the water with romantic overtones. Also, Christine does not play the victim and John has shown remorse. Their romantic relationship is history, just like Stevies and Lindseys, only they are wise enough to leave it that way.
They part timed screwed until at least 1997? Where did you hear this?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Look how she bashed him in this article before the last tour. "his bizzare ideas and weird little guitar solos". Does she think SHE doesn't have weird ideas? Come on Stevie. I'm sorry but the reason they aren't getting along now, is mostly on her shoulder in my opinion.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...ld-scores.html
Old 11-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
None of them are saints. They all had their issues and made mistakes. And I agree that at times they probably all drove each other up the wall. However, saying that Stevie should have been "smacked harder" is a disgusting thing to say.
No it’s not. She should of bitchh slapped often during the 80s just to humble her ass.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
Domestic abuse never really does. Neither does sexual assault unless you're a judge from Alabama with a predilection for teenage girls. Just sayin'. Our society lets all kinds of sh*t slide especially where women are involved. Having said that I honestly believe Liddy ain't a bad guy. I think he's truly tried to be a decent human being. Even though they still fight all the time I'm sure he regrets whatever it is he really did to Stevie back when. He shouldn't have done it though.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
True he gets a pass on physical abuse of women because he is touring now with new music.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, everybody needs a muse.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

She was mourning her mother.