User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
It seems like lots of arguments against parting with $12. The problem is that if a new owner bought it tomorrow, they still have the same costs and the problem is that you still don't know if your $12 is going to stop the site closing within that 12 months.
Michele's point as I see it is that she can not financially afford to keep paying for this site. So basically because no-one is supporting this site it runs the risk of closing. So the very reason against supporting the site (closing) is the reason it is for sale and obviously if no-one buys, may close.

Maybe in the USA $12 is worth a whole lot more than it is in Australia. I mean I know you don't earn as much per year as we generally do in Australia, but I didn't realise you were THAT poor!
At this rate is 12 dollars going to help at all? is my point. It would take a lot of registered members putting together the 12 dollars to get them (the owners) the money they need to continue operating month to month at this point it seems to me. And Tango? We understand your frustration but it's not right to go singling people out, many may have their reasons until they better understand what's about to take place soon here since no one's really come forth and made any official announcements about helping save the site. Right now all we know is it's up for sale.

Last edited by fringed n fab; 03-20-2012 at 06:28 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I just wish all of this had been brought up sooner to us on here before the owners were forced to talk selling or closing.
I've dropped posts encouraging people to become supporting members the past year or so. I remember you in particular responding to those posts in the past. You aren't interested in becoming a supporting member, and that's just fine.

Quote:
At this rate is 12 dollars going to help at all? is my point. It would take a lot of registered members putting together the 12 dollars to get them (the owners) the money they need to continue operating month to month at this point it seems to me.
If every single person who has read the announcement about the Ledge sale (which is posted at the top of every forum) became supporting members, this site would not just support itself, it would earn money. This revenue could be reinvested into not just the Ledge, but the rest of FleetwoodMac.net. There is so much more FleetwoodMac.net could offer.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At this rate is 12 dollars going to help at all? is my point. It would take a lot of registered members putting together the 12 dollars to get them (the owners) the money they need to continue operating month to month at this point it seems to me.

And Tango? We understand your frustration but it's not right to go singling people out, many may have their reasons until they better understand what's about to take place soon here since no one's really come forth and made any official announcements about helping save the site. Right now all we know is it's up for sale.
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with asking what may happen. Just because we might raise $500 now, doesn't guarantee that The Ledge will still be here in 3 months, right?

A few years ago, someone was singling out people who weren't "supporting", and the mods scolded them for doing so. Maybe that policy has changed, since it's "desperate times".
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
A few years ago, someone was singling out people who weren't "supporting", and the mods scolded them for doing so. Maybe that policy has changed, since it's "desperate times".
I've been getting that impression with this thread as I've been reading it, too. Beginning to feel as though us "non-supporters" are going to have a stigma attached to us from now on because of what's happening.

I genuinely cannot afford the money to support.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would support if I could. As it stands right now, I honestly can't (poor college student with no job and $22 to my name). But I wish there was more I could do.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I've been getting that impression with this thread as I've been reading it, too. Beginning to feel as though us "non-supporters" are going to have a stigma attached to us from now on because of what's happening.

I genuinely cannot afford the money to support.
And I couldn't back then(due to astronomical vet bills).

I can afford it now, and have said that I want to now, but being chided for asking questions, certainly isn't loosening the chain around my wallet. Quite the opposite, to be honest.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys, don't feel badly about your inability to be a supporting member of The Ledge at this point. And please know that if you contribute now, the site may still be sold or go offline. Let's hope that someone will buy it and decide to keep it going.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At this rate is 12 dollars going to help at all? is my point. It would take a lot of registered members putting together the 12 dollars to get them (the owners) the money they need to continue operating month to month at this point it seems to me. And Tango? We understand your frustration but it's not right to go singling people out, many may have their reasons until they better understand what's about to take place soon here since no one's really come forth and made any official announcements about helping save the site. Right now all we know is it's up for sale.
The point is that if this place closes there will be lots and lots of people who post here a lot more regularly than I do that will be sad. The simple fact is that if just a few of them had contributed we might not have got to this point.

Sure not everyone can afford it and that is fine. If you can't afford to put food on the table then the ledge isn't going to be a high priority.

Someone said somewhere that there were only 31 people who were supporting ledgies (don't know how accurate this figure is?) but that means there are at least a couple of hundred regular users who aren't. Surely they can't all be too poor to contribute.

Yes we could all send money and the site could still close, but the point is simply that if more people had helped we would probably not be in this situation.

Anway, I have a toddler to put to a morning sleep and so I'm outta here....
Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I decided to become a supporting member now even though it may not help save the site. But, I've enjoyed hanging out here for a few years and I can afford $12 in the hopes that things may turn around. I encourage anyone who can afford the $12 for a one-year membership to please do the same. It may not be a guarantee that your money will save the site, but if you don't support it definitely won't. Also, it doesn't mean another solution won't come along later. Personally, it's worth the investment to me to hope the site won't go away. I dare say I've gotten $12 worth of entertainment in this year alone -- and wasted more than that at the movies.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can afford $12 (once anyway). Look I'm green!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've dropped posts encouraging people to become supporting members the past year or so. I remember you in particular responding to those posts in the past. You aren't interested in becoming a supporting member, and that's just fine.

If every single person who has read the announcement about the Ledge sale (which is posted at the top of every forum) became supporting members, this site would not just support itself, it would earn money. This revenue could be reinvested into not just the Ledge, but the rest of FleetwoodMac.net. There is so much more FleetwoodMac.net could offer.
I don't recall those conversations and to the best of my knowledge, I have always kept my opinions about joining/attempting to become more involved here, to myself up until now. It wasn't ever about the 12 dollars and still isn't. I never said I wouldn't contribute but that should be on everyone's own terms and not ridiculed or forced. At this point it seems they want out from under it and it might not sell and maybe just maybe, go offline soon no matter what.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Guys, don't feel badly about your inability to be a supporting member of The Ledge at this point. And please know that if you contribute now, the site may still be sold or go offline. Let's hope that someone will buy it and decide to keep it going.
Thank you for understanding Jannie. I know we don't conversate much on here but you have always been a fun, reasonable moderator.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Come Friday I will become a supporting member. But maybe the mods should hit up Karen and see if Stevie would be up to foot the bill
Old 03-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
the mods should hit up Karen and see if Stevie would be up to foot the bill
What about Mick???
Oh... never mind.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
What about Mick???
Oh... never mind.
Mick can't pay his damned electric bill...