User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yeah, Mama definitely knows when to hold 'em and knows when to fold 'em.
Which is why SYW ended up not being a double album, for example.

Michele
Old 03-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All that really needs to be said is

Lindsey's a cu** a diva & a misogynist,end of.
lmao.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
lmao.
What an eloquent, thought provoking argument you have there. Is it available stitched onto a pillow?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
lmao.
Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yeah, Mama definitely knows when to hold 'em and knows when to fold 'em.
Hum.It sounds like a Kenny Roger's tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Exciting to think about that US Festival. Wonder if it would help to get Steve Wozniak involved. He has a lot of time on his hands these days.

Michele
Thats a good question.Why sit on it.They could make a killing on sales.
The same goes for all the other Stevie/FM content that never got the DVD treatment.Why sit on it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's why I wrote what I did about all their various managers and personal assistants, and why I reiterate that those people serve exactly the same function as the mid-managers in the workplace. It's those people--those twits "doing their jobs"--who obstruct the attempts to hook up. Those people--Karen and whatnot--don't even know who he is and don't know that he engineered the albums that ultimately resulted in their own jobs. When I hear ledgies complain about how Stevie or the band never releases a batch of demos or concerts or any of the other ideas that get floated by fans or guys like Ken, and then defend the job that Karen and all the others do, I groan in frustration. Don't you guys realize that all that stuff you want probably never gets released because the personal-assistant/manager never let word of all the demand for it reach the boss?! By the way, there's a company that now owns the footage of the 1982 US Festival and is actively scouting for licensing opportunities. Do you think the Fleetwood Mac managers will ever let their bosses know that there's any demand for this? You get three guesses.

Sometimes the band itself apparently does answer Ken's e-mail. He brought up two examples in his interview (the TV shows about "Rumours"), but he also managed not too long ago to get them to listen to and approve the 5.1 DVD-Audio of "Rumours." So I conclude that when the business proposition appeals to them, they call.
Exactly. If we were in Vegas, I would bet that any idea with the potential to make the band money gets passed along. It's not that the band is being held back by managers and assistants who are dumb middle-management types that can't see a good opportunity if it smacks them in the face - it's that Ken's book isn't a good opportunity. Is the band going to make any money off a book spilling the behind-the-scenes secrets of the making of Rumours (again, some more) that probably won't even help the album shift a few copies? Nooooope. So is the band going to care? Nooooope.

BTW, are you Oberman from AMFM / RMASN?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg cream View Post
BTW, are you Oberman from AMFM / RMASN?
Yep.

Is this Ginny?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Yep.

Is this Ginny?
Hiiiiii.

Nia.

(I was up in here under another screen name a few weeks ago too, but I forgot the password, plus people know me by it elsewhere.)
Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
After watching the 'Destiny Rules' documentary and reading 'Say You Will'-era interviews (Lindsey wanted Mark Needham, Lindsey got Mark Needham. Lindsey wanted the heavier songs up front in the album's running order, Lindsey got the heavier songs up front. Lindsey wanted a double-album, Lindsey got a double-length album. Lindsey wanted to tour for two years, Lindsey got a two-year tour), and then reading this interview with Ken (Lindsey/Lindsey's management discouraged anyone in the band from participating. Lindsey's management shot down the use of audio outtakes for the e-book.), it's interesting that so many fans feel that Stevie calls the shots in Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not saying that she never throws her weight around -- I just tend to think, from all the evidence, that she's not the one who holds all the cards.

Thank you! I agree.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not saying that Stevie never throws her weight around...

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
Jondalar, when exactly was it that "Christine put Stevie in her place"?
During tango in the night when stevie was complaining, chris told her off
Old 04-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After watching the 'Destiny Rules' documentary and reading 'Say You Will'-era interviews (Lindsey wanted Mark Needham, Lindsey got Mark Needham. Lindsey wanted the heavier songs up front in the album's running order, Lindsey got the heavier songs up front. Lindsey wanted a double-album, Lindsey got a double-length album. Lindsey wanted to tour for two years, Lindsey got a two-year tour), and then reading this interview with Ken (Lindsey/Lindsey's management discouraged anyone in the band from participating. Lindsey's management shot down the use of audio outtakes for the e-book.), it's interesting that so many fans feel that Stevie calls the shots in Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not saying that she never throws her weight around -- I just tend to think, from all the evidence, that she's not the one who holds all the cards.
I think Stevie clearly holds most of the cards, but at the end of the day, Lindsey was the producer. Once Stevie commits to an album, they've got to do something, so she lets Linds get what he wants so he doesn't turn her songs into ****/take all her backing vocals off his songs/throw guitars at her/kick her onstage. I think that is why she isn't doing anything now, because she likes being in control and knowing Fleetwood Mac is stuck waiting on her. It is much easier to be stubborn when your stubbornness results in nothing rather than resulting in ****ty work. Also, I don't think she likes to be the shot caller in FM. Sure she has no problem NOT doing a new album or tour, but when it comes to making decisions as to what to actually do when they are doing something, she lets Lindsey make those decisions, that way it is his fault if things don't work. Oh SYW wasn't sequenced right? Lindsey's fault! Oh SYW was too long? Lindsey's fault! Oh my song didn't sound good that way? Lindsey's fault!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

Wink Wow

Quote:
If I interpreted the response Ken got correctly, it doesn't mean "Lindsey is writing a book." It means "Take a hike, buddy. I'm his manager now and I'm not even going to pass on your request to him. I'm in power and I'll decide whether and when Lindsey Buckingham does anything for you." Lindsey's not writing any book.

He has a bitchy little manager--as do the others--who functions exactly the way mid-management functions in a big company: as a buffer, as a way of keeping the rank-and-file employees (meaning old colleagues, fans, and press) at a great distance.

Stevie, too. She has proved over and over (like yesterday on TV) that she herself is a sweet, affable person. But that is not her management, and has never been. They are little twerps whose purpose is to keep people out. Whatever the girl's name is (Karen?), she is a nobody who has been given great power to abuse people's starry-eyed love, and who very successfully buffers her boss from anyone she chooses. She is a mid-manager: she doesn't produce the product and she doesn't create the vision for the product. She's just the Human Resources woman, monitoring behavior.

Ken is just extremely frustrated with the management surrounding the group. On the one hand, I don't blame him, but on the other, he himself has been in the business so long, he ought to be used to it. He also probably had buffers around him during the Rumours years.
Couldn't agree more. For time immemorial said "buffers" aka "NO TALENT ASS CLOWNS" of apathetic avarice have preyed on the vulnerability of the artist. Throughout the years I have sadly witnessed these creatively vapid misanthropes. In a voracious pursuit of self serving exploitation, "NO TALENT ASS CLOWNS" systematically and indifferently sabotage family relations and friendships, compromise and or manipulate any or all creative control, and choose who is allowed to speak to his or her "product". This decision is based solely on the potential for economic gain and waxes and wains accordingly. Now, if the artist is aware of what is happening... "Who Is The Beauty, Who Is The Beast?" Hey! I'm just sayin'?
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Fleetwood View Post
Couldn't agree more. For time immemorial said "buffers" aka "NO TALENT ASS CLOWNS" of apathetic avarice have preyed on the vulnerability of the artist. Throughout the years I have sadly witnessed these creatively vapid misanthropes. In a voracious pursuit of self serving exploitation, "NO TALENT ASS CLOWNS" systematically and indifferently sabotage family relations and friendships, compromise and or manipulate any or all creative control, and choose who is allowed to speak to his or her "product". This decision is based solely on the potential for economic gain and waxes and wains accordingly. Now, if the artist is aware of what is happening... "Who Is The Beauty, Who Is The Beast?" Hey! I'm just sayin'?
Haha...word.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Everybody here should know that I adore Christine McVie Love her style and her songs and I understand her leaving the band back in 1998 and wanting to move on in her life and "settle down" if you will.

What I don't understand is the whole "I don't want to go against the band" line that she said/implied to Ken. Christine, dear, you left "the band" 13 years ago! That just really confuses me. Current band members or people still affiliated w/FM I can understand feeling that way. However Christine left all those years ago and to our understanding hasn't given FM any thought.

I guess the real question is "What is Christine's current status/feelings with Fleetwood Mac"?
Christine stopped touring with Fleetwood Mac. She was willing to work in the studio with them on their last album but Mick told her no. Big mistake. I have to wonder if that was his decision or if he was just the messenger on that one.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, Mick's not going bankrupt, but I'm just saying I'm not surprised he couldn't take better care of Judy. He's still not that good at taking care of himself. We just ought to be glad that Biddy's still protected.

Michele
I don't get the impression he's broke, just not very liquid right now.