User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I thought both Christine and Lindsey worked with her. It's been so long I can't recall.
I know LB and BR played on Zevon's 1976 album. Of course, Rick Vito is the one who she's most heavily associated with.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I wonder whether he ever strangled any of the other artists he did session work for, from Walter Egan to the Dream Academy to ???
I don't believe the strangling stories, actually. But it does make me laugh because Lindsey has talked about hearing GYOW on the radio and the DJ said something he didn't like and he said he was on his way over to the radio station explaining that he was a lot feistier then than he is now. It just makes me wonder what he intended to do when he got to the radio station? Strangle the disc jockey?

Didn't CAH say that after their house was robbed Lindsey got a gun? That's scary stuff. Clearly, he didn't need one.

Michele
Old 04-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't believe the strangling stories, actually. But it does make me laugh because Lindsey has talked about hearing GYOW on the radio and the DJ said something he didn't like and he said he was on his way over to the radio station explaining that he was a lot feistier then than he is now. It just makes me wonder what he intended to do when he got to the radio station? Strangle the disc jockey?

Didn't CAH say that after their house was robbed Lindsey got a gun? That's scary stuff. Clearly, he didn't need one.

Michele
Yeah, this whole "Lindsey the Strangler" stuff cracks me up. Not so funny if it's true, but how could it be? Who would continue to hang around/work with someone who once strangled them? What I'm picturing in my mind is Lindsey pretend strangling people in the studio, kind of in a cartoonish way. Maybe that's what happened and it got overblown?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The yearning of some fans for Stevie to write a book is somewhat laughable to me - the assumption that she's going to reveal things we don't already know. She lacks a scholarly intellect and would have to rely heavily on a ghostwriter if she wants to publish a book with any literal integrity.
Stevie's book would have to be better than CAH's book. THAT was a BADLY written book. Fun read and escapist, yes. Well-written, hell no.

But more to the point, would you want a scholarly, intellectual biography about Stevie and The Mac? I think Stevie would be more than capable of writing a good autobiography. It's not like she's writing a thesis on post-modernism.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:

Michele
Why would Ken say Lindsey's vein's were bulging out of his neck and that he was not able to breath if it was a pretend strangle?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why would Ken say Lindsey's vein's were bulging out of his neck and that he was not able to breath if it was a pretend strangle?
I'm inclined to believe the strangling stories, though I don't like to. Lindsey clearly had stuff going on back then and demons that he has since tackled. I am in no way condoning that behaviour, however none of them were angels and in my opinion it's bad taste for Ken to put it in the book. Just my opinion though.

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 04-10-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wrong quote excerpted. I didn't say it was a pretend strangle.

However, with CAH describing the night they went to see Elvis Costello, the people at the club thought that Lindsey was caressing her and they complimented her on having such an affectionate, attentive boyfriend. So, I gather that that particular chokehold was not a forceful strangle.

Michele
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Yeah, this whole "Lindsey the Strangler" stuff cracks me up.
Well, yes, because strangling is a rather unusual form of violence. A punch is a lot more common. Also, strangling takes time. It's like zombies. No one is afraid of zombies because they are slow moving. You see them coming and have lots of time to act as they prepare to eat your flesh.

Obviously, Lindsey would have the advantage over women. He's physically stronger. So, he could grab them and strangle away.

But it's much more difficult to strangle a man, who is as strong as you are, can defend himself and who sees the strangle approaching. Michele
Old 04-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Well, yes, because strangling is a rather unusual form of violence. A punch is a lot more common. Also, strangling takes time. It's like zombies. No one is afraid of zombies because they are slow moving. You see them coming and have lots of time to act as they prepare to eat your flesh.

Obviously, Lindsey would have the advantage over women. He's physically stronger. So, he could grab them and strangle away.

But it's much more difficult to strangle a man, who is as strong as you are, can defend himself and who sees the strangle approaching. Michele
I don't know if you've read the book yet Michele, but there's also an account of Lindsey punching his date from NoCal in the face. Ken did not see this incident however, making it "hearsay". The girl Lindsey was dating, Christina, ran into the studio with a marked face and accused LB of punching her in the face to Ken and Richard.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know if you've read the book yet Michele, but there's also an account of Lindsey punching his date from NoCal in the face. Ken did not see this incident however, making it "hearsay". The girl Lindsey was dating, Christina, ran into the studio with a marked face and accused LB of punching her in the face to Ken and Richard.
If we're collecting punches, Javier said that Lindsey also took a swipe at him, for upsetting Stevie.

Michele
Old 04-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Stevie's book would have to be better than CAH's book. THAT was a BADLY written book. Fun read and escapist, yes. Well-written, hell no.

But more to the point, would you want a scholarly, intellectual biography about Stevie and The Mac? I think Stevie would be more than capable of writing a good autobiography. It's not like she's writing a thesis on post-modernism.
I really really really want Stevie to write a book. And yes CAH was horribly written. Like reading a 6th grade book.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
strangling is a rather unusual form of violence.
That's why I believe it. If you're going to make up something, you'd just go for the obvious punching. Instead, we have three different incidents of strangling - one with Ken Caillat, one with Carol Ann Harris, and one with Stevie (the latter being attested to by the whole band - I remember John making the strangling gesture one time when discussing it).

So either everyone is lying/exaggerating, or Lindsey for some reason acts out violently in that unusual way when he is enraged.

However, I choose to believe he's put that behind him and is now the sweet guy he appears to be.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-10-2012 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie will write a book because it will cause album and single sales. That and biopic movie is her last move. She is saving it. She is not dumb.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
That's why I believe it. If you're going to make up something, you'd just go for the obvious punching. Instead, we have three different incidents of strangling - one with Ken Caillat, one with Carol Ann Harris, and one with Stevie (the latter being attested to by the whole band - I remember John making the strangling gesture one time when discussing it).
John is why I'm inclined to believe the stories.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

So either everyone is lying/exaggerating, or Lindsey for some reason acts out violently in that unusual way .
Stevie said that Lindsey was going to kill her. Mick said he had her over the hood of a car and slapped her Christine did not comment on that incident. John made the strangling gesture. I would not say that the whole band attested to a strangling.

Michele