Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Moderators who wish to receive respect must first show it, something which gldstwmn has recently failed to do. Do not assume that those among us who have voiced concerns about this matter have done so because of a dislike for decisions that have been made or in an attempt to "get even." It's not a matter of "Give me what I want or I'm telling on you." She has shown blatant disrespect for certain members of the Ledge both on these boards and on Seven Wonders and has not conducted herself in a way that is fitting of her position. Put simply: She has not led by example and has commited many of the same infractions for which she has chastized others.

Chris -

While I am glad to see that you are making an attempt to make amends for your behavior, it remains to be seen whether your actions will mirror your words. I have little faith in the ability of people to change but - for once - I hope to be proved wrong.
Oh, please....YOU are complaining about someone's behavior. I've seen it all.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Moderators who wish to receive respect must first show it, something which gldstwmn has

recently

failed to do. Do not assume that those among us who have voiced concerns about this matter have done so because of a dislike for decisions that have been made or in an attempt to "get even." It's not a matter of "Give me what I want or I'm telling on you." She has shown blatant disrespect for certain members of the Ledge both on these boards and on Seven Wonders and has not conducted herself in a way that is fitting of her position. Put simply: She has not led by example and has commited many of the same infractions for which she has chastized others.
play blind. I've read spew that made inference that the ledge was slowed or down for bannings or closure all due in part to moderators recent interactions with members and "E" (as some refer to him.) transparent. get over yourselves.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
play blind. I've read spew that made inference that the ledge was slowed or down for bannings or closure all due in part to moderators recent interactions with members and "E" (as some refer to him.) transparent. get over yourselves.
You really think it's about that?

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.
my pleasure
Old 03-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys, come on - Vicky can be blunt, but I, for one appreciate that.

Of course, her hatred of La Nicks does lower her points a few notches

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't want to cause any hard feelings, or stir any ****, BUT, I firmly believe- that trying to MOD Seven Wonders, and threaten Ledge bannings, OVER THERE, was RIDICULOUS. Think about it, folks...
Because.that's.what.happened.

Maybe we should have to list all the sites we visit, let the mods review all our posts, and make sure that our behavior is up to their mods standards. Surely there's some sort of tracking system that can be put into place.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

Of course, her hatred of La Nicks does lower her points a few notches
It's what endears her to me!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
my pleasure
Actually, my biggest problem is her contempt for and condescension towards ryan8472 - a moderator for whom I have the utmost respect.

I understand that people have personal differences with each other, but her insistence on dragging it out into the public forums (while preaching about "moderator solidarity") is inexcusable.

As for the comment made earlier about my behavior, they are two wholly seperate issues and one is not relevant to the other.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
trying to MOD Seven Wonders, and threaten Ledge bannings, OVER THERE
And that would be my second biggest problem.

Oh and Strandie? I appreciate you, too.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I firmly believe- that trying to MOD Seven Wonders, and threaten Ledge bannings, OVER THERE, was RIDICULOUS. Think about it, folks...
I've can read...and I know there was a dis towards the mods of this board creating shutdown or ban due to recent issues at this board. do people actually think a mod would do that as an act of retaliation...really?? f'in ridic. I would have reacted in the same way chris did in defending the board and explaining mods had nothing to do with it nor had info on what was happening. anyone who can read would know there wasn't a reference to ban it was a fincheckyourself in accusing ledge mods of slowing...ban...or close of this board for such idiotic reasoning as suggested.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dragging it out into the public forums
practice what you preach...what are you doing right now?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really don't want to cause any hard feelings, or stir any ****, BUT, I firmly believe- that trying to MOD Seven Wonders, and threaten Ledge bannings, OVER THERE, was RIDICULOUS. Think about it, folks...

Maybe we should have to list all the sites we visit, let the mods review all our posts, and make sure that our behavior is up to their mods standards. Surely there's some sort of tracking system that can be put into place.
I took it as sarcasm - but that is the deal about the written word - it is hard to discern the way in which it is proffered.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
practice what you preach...what are you doing right now?
I didn't drag it out.

I simply am responding to her PUBLIC apology and to your PUBLIC statement that you feel she did not do anything wrong.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered, No Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It has come to my attention that some of you feel that I am not living up to the title of moderator.
I am only a pm away with your thoughts or suggestions. I will take them seriously and in kind.
I would like to offer my sincerest apolgies to those of you I have been short with, hurt or otherwise harmed.
I am very proud to be affiliated with the best fan board on the net. It is not my wish nor my intention to leave.
In the future I give you my word to operate with a kinder, gentler machine gun hand (IT'S A JOKE! That's actually a lyric from a Neil Young song.) Seriously though, I feel it is my duty to serve you in the capacity that you so richly deserve.
Namaste.
Chris Fox aka gldstwmn
Hey Chris -
I think that this was a very nice gesture and a very heartfelt message.
A classy move.
I wish your thread had not degenerated into what it has though - a finger pointing fest.
Thanks for extending the olive branch on this for the betterment of our whole community.
Bill
Old 03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckymcnix View Post
Hey Chris -
I think that this was a very nice gesture and a very heartfelt message.
A classy move.
I wish your thread had not degenerated into what it has though - a finger pointing fest.
Thanks for extending the olive branch on this for the betterment of our whole community.
Bill
We're just discussing what the issues were. Maybe everyone doesn't know what the problem was.