User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Lump Sum is a better song than all the ones that are on Bon Iver. But when i hear Bon Iver, i feel like i'm in a new world, everytime.
Are we twins? Separated at birth or something?

"Lump Sum" is my favorite song on For Emma by FAR and I think the exact same way about comparing For Emma vs. this new record. There is something so unworldly about it.... I love "Perth," "Holocene," "Michicant" and "Wash." the most. I even love "Beth/Rest". I think the album is absolutely perfect from beginning to end and I can't say that about For Emma.

LOVE.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Are we twins? Separated at birth or something?

"Lump Sum" is my favorite song on For Emma by FAR and I think the exact same way about comparing For Emma vs. this new record. There is something so unworldly about it.... I love "Perth," "Holocene," "Michicant" and "Wash." the most. I even love "Beth/Rest". I think the album is absolutely perfect from beginning to end and I can't say that about For Emma.

LOVE.
, are we really?
I think that loving Lump Sum the most is completely natural : this song is phenomenal.
Yes, i love "Beth/Rest" too. Hell, even "Hinnom, TX" is great to me (i read a lot of bad reviews of this song). Not very accessible, but this kind of songs just stress this "unworldly" quality.
It really is a perfect album. i can't help but pick favorite songs ("Perth", "Holocene", "Michicant", and "Calgary"), but i appreciate this album really as a whole.

Thank you so much, again, for this, Danielle. I needed this album now. And i'm going to stop right there before i get sentimental, while listening to "Holocene".

"And at once i knew, i was not magnificient".
Old 06-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post

Thank you so much, again, for this, Danielle. I needed this album now. And i'm going to stop right there before i get sentimental, while listening to "Holocene".

"And at once i knew, i was not magnificient".
You and me both sister! I love him so much... let me know how your Paris show goes!

strayed above the highway aisle
jagged vacance, thick with ice
I could see for miles, miles, miles
Old 06-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
You and me both sister! I love him so much... let me know how your Paris show goes!

strayed above the highway aisle
jagged vacance, thick with ice
I could see for miles, miles, miles
. He's the perfect guy, isn't he?
Can't wait for october. Groupie mode ON ! You have no idea how many scenarios were going through my head these last days.
And i'll think about you, for sure .
Old 06-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm listening to the album for the first time on NPR's site... I'm just at Holocene now and so far it's just great!

My excitement for the concert has just tripled!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What an amazing show. Last night was just magical. I'm still a bit overwhelmed so i can't really talk about it.
(It was a festival so we watched other bands play, like this girl called Lykke Li, who's like a bad Stevie Nicks, that was disturbing.)
I was quite surprised by the almost "rock side" of the concert (with Perth, and Blood Blank, and guitar solos), and also the fact that even if his music tends to be depressing at times, it was a very happy moment of my life. The guy is incredibly funny, and the crowd was enthousiastic, which is, for French people, pretty unusual. People were huging each other, dancing, kissing, it felt like the 6O's all over again.
The only complain i have is that he didn't play "Michicant", which was dropped out of the set for some reason, and "Lump Sum", but i already knew that. People seem to love this song, i don't know why he doesn't bring it back.

The highlight of the night was when he asked us to sing "what might have been lost", louder and louder, on "The Wolves". You got the whole crowd singing with him, it was the ultimate "unite moment". I really felt like i was a part of something special.

Great, great memories. If you get the chance to go, go !