Christine Solo 0 0%
Fleetwood Mac 20 64.52%
Other 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
The next thing that sparked my interest was hearing "lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff."
second hand news. i vaguely knew some rumours-era mac songs and wasn't hugely impressed. then i heard second hand news and saw video of lindsey /mac performing it in 1998. thought it was such a perfect little gem of a song, both music and words, and i should look up this guy's music. took me >10 years to actually do it

so not mac but also not lindsey solo. lindsey in mac (guess that's other).
Old 01-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is hard for me to say exactly which one got me into FM. My mom was a huge Mac and Stevie fan, so I pretty much loved them my entire life. In fact, the first music video I remember seeing was "Stop Draggin My Heart Around". However, the point that turned me from loving their music, to becoming obsessed with it was The Dance. My mom recorded it and watched it every day for about a month in late 1997 and I loved it so much I made her buy me the cassette, which I listened to non-stop. I was in third grade and I remember telling this girl that my favorite singer was Stevie Nicks and she didn't believe me that Stevie was a woman, so I took my cassette case to school to show her a pic of Stevie. I then lost the cassette and asked my grandmother to buy me another one, and she bought it for me on CD. I even wrote Stevie a letter that year in which I got a very generic reply that was on a blue post card that said, "Has anyone ever written anything for me? Well you have. blah blah blah". Even tho it was so generic and Stevie probably never even touched it, it made my day that I got one back! And then my sister spilt coke all over it a few months later. I still have it somewhere in Austin, and now I think I will dig it out when I get home. Okay, end of ramble.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
It is hard for me to say exactly which one got me into FM. My mom was a huge Mac and Stevie fan, so I pretty much loved them my entire life. In fact, the first music video I remember seeing was "Stop Draggin My Heart Around". However, the point that turned me from loving their music, to becoming obsessed with it was The Dance. My mom recorded it and watched it every day for about a month in late 1997 and I loved it so much I made her buy me the cassette, which I listened to non-stop. I was in third grade and I remember telling this girl that my favorite singer was Stevie Nicks and she didn't believe me that Stevie was a woman, so I took my cassette case to school to show her a pic of Stevie. I then lost the cassette and asked my grandmother to buy me another one, and she bought it for me on CD. I even wrote Stevie a letter that year in which I got a very generic reply that was on a blue post card that said, "Has anyone ever written anything for me? Well you have. blah blah blah". Even tho it was so generic and Stevie probably never even touched it, it made my day that I got one back! And then my sister spilt coke all over it a few months later. I still have it somewhere in Austin, and now I think I will dig it out when I get home. Okay, end of ramble.
John, I love that ramble. Those, are the things in life(your post card), that I cling to. Odd little things, that you'll always remember....
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Edge of Seventeen got me into Fleetwood Mac.
I knew some of their work before hand, both Stevie and Fleetwood - but it was after watching School of Rock as a little 13 year old that got me caught.

Then were driving somewhere and Mum put on Rumours.
End of story.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
Hearing Christine sing Everywhere is what got me. I hated Lindsey and didn't care for Stevie either because I could never understand what she was saying. Then I bought Say You Will and Trouble in Shangri-La, and it's been Stevie ever since.
When I was in high school a friend of mine LOVED Fleetwood Mac, something I didn't understand because my favorite band at the time was Nirvana (this was like 1993), so FM made no sense to me. I liked a few songs, mostly Lindsey songs, couldn't stand Stevie and was more or less indifferent to Christine . Years later after maturing a bit in my music taste, I saw The Dance and was totally blown away by Silver Springs. That's what hooked me. I've been a HUGE Stevie/Mac fan ever since.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mum She gave me a CD copy of TITN and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread and proceeded to take her copy of Bare Trees.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr