Lindsey Solo 2 6.45%
Christine Solo 0 0%
Fleetwood Mac 20 64.52%
Other 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What Got You Into "The Mac" First

So, which was it that got you into "The Mac" fandom?

For me, it was Say You Will, Fleetwood Mac!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I became enamored with the band's albums & shows first, & then I got into this & that solo performer.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Rather strangely, I was into Stevie before I got into the Mac. I call it strange, however, because I'm now heavily ingrained into the Lindsey camp outside of the Mac themselves. I guess Lindsey just did more to grasp my attention.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It was hearing Gold Dust Woman and The Chain back to back on the radio in the car on February '93 that hooked me! That evening my Mom gave "loaned" me Rumours and Bella Donna, but it took me some time to get into Bella Donna. At the time, Bella Donna sounded very dated to me. I thought Rumours was perfection from first listen, though. So yeah... Fleetwood Mac hooked me, then the solo members trickled down from there. It was probably '00 or '01 until I started buying Lindsey's solo albums, and that totally changed my musical landscape. His albums encouraged me to listen to experimental and Indie artists, and for that I'm so grateful .
Old 01-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The song Rhiannon, followed by the rest of Stevie's Rumours songs, and then realising "Oh! This is the band that does that Don't Stop song, and that Lies one. OH EM GEE. THEY DID EVERYWHERE? MUST CONSUME!"

I was aware of Christine's songs before I knew what the Mac was, but it was, and still is, Stevie's voice and persona that attracted me so heavily to the group. I love Christine and Lindsey's songs too, but, Stevie will always be #1 for me.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My older cousin moved in with us, when I was in 8th grade. She had Tumours. And I was never the same. Seriously. I became so obsessed with Tumours, and FM. I spent hours upon hours, lying on my bed, playing trumpet lines along with it.

It's the REASON I learned to play guitar, and then keyboards. It's quite literally the reason I'm a musician, and the reason I AM, who I am.

I've often told her, that her moving in, with her music, changed my path in life.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hearing Christine sing Everywhere is what got me. I hated Lindsey and didn't care for Stevie either because I could never understand what she was saying. Then I bought Say You Will and Trouble in Shangri-La, and it's been Stevie ever since.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was the blonde chick with mudflaps in her hair singing with Tom Petty in that video.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
It was the blonde chick with mudflaps in her hair singing with Tom Petty in that video.
MUDFLAPS.

LMFAO!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hearing Dreams on the radio in 77, i remember thinking who is that chick?? her voice is so cool, i didnt catch the name of the band when Dreams had finished playing, so i sat & waited till the station played it again, the following day i purchased my first record which was Rumours. I rushed home listened to it back to front, i sat looking at the photos & lyrics, trying to put faces to names, at first thinking Stevie was the guy & Lindsey was the cute chick with the coolest hair ever!! I was totally obsessed with GDW & Dreams..
Old 01-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was already a fan of Lindsey (in 1984), then Stevie (1985). It wasn't until Tango In the Night (when I was almost 13) that I knew they were both in the same band! So, I really enjoyed 'Big Love'. I got the Tango cassette and absolutely loved the album! Then I got other FM cassettes and other LB/SN/CM solo albums and realized I had already heard and liked plenty of the songs. I just hadn't known who was singing them. I've been a fan ever since!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

my aunt debi had a copy of buckingham nicks~ i adored it, played the snot out of it~ then soon after the white album came out~ so i'd say stevie & lindsey brought me to love the mac so very much~
Old 01-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I probably heard Mac songs before I was aware of what I was hearing, but around 07 or 08, when I was trying to drift away from rap (I still don't believe I used to enjoy it and the other day, I found a Lil' Wayne song I forgot to delete off my MP3 player all those years ago). I heard Go Your Own Way, loved it, and I've been a fan and a rocker since

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for FM but it was a Lindsey song (or two) that got me into the Mac...It was 97' and someone let me borrow The Dance CD. I listened to Bleed to Love Her repeatedly. I thought - who is this man singing about? Bleed to love her? How does he understand all these things about women? Men actually think like that and write songs about it! I want someone to want to bleed to love me!!! Another day soon after that I was in a grocery store and I heard "been down two times...mmmm mmmm never going back again" and I didn't know who was singing it or what it was and it took me a couple days to figure it out. The next thing that sparked my interest was hearing "lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff." I thought, What did he just say? Let me do my stuff?

That's when I started to be interested in the band personally. The ship took off. Shipper shipper shipper.

I messed around with Stevie for a few years but it wasn't until 2002 that we fell in love. That's a whole nother story. Maybe she will tell you about it sometime.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I knew who the Mac was cause my Uncle had Tusk and Rumours LP'S and I had listened to them. However they never clicked with me. I thought this stuff is OK but I'm not wild for it. Then When I was 12...I caught the Dance on VH1. When I'm so Afraid hit......I was hooked. From there I just started digging up as much as I could.. I absorbed The Rumours era. Then went deeper to the Bob Welsh era. Who, by the way I'm beginning to love more every second. Then I went to Greeny's Era. That's the only era that sparks nothing in me. I know the Green god, black magic Woman, Oh Well........yea not my thing. So yea I worked backwards. That's my story.

Mick

-Tom Waits