The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and Lindsay/Lindsey is SUCH a girl's name .
Old 09-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I agree. So, from now on, stop spelling **** with "ah" at the end where "er" should be. j/k
Oh, that doesn't count, that's talking like Stevie sings. Absolutely, I will not quit doing that. Besides, it's not so much spelling a word wrong as making up a new word.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
ReFleetwoodMac
This message has been deleted by ReFleetwoodMac.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFleetwoodMac
So when I kindly make the issue of misspellage aware to the general popluation by citing several examples, that is totally unacceptable public humiliation. But when I single people out for having no morals, that's perfectly acceptable. In fact, several spin-off threads were created, it was so well received.
No offense, but I don't think a single person took that "no morals" thread seriously. "Morals," and the possession or lack thereof, is a completely subjective discussion anyway. So it became fodder for many parodies.

But it is rather gauche to name names when discussing the misspelling of words or names.

Out of curiousity... did you create the "no morals" thread because you were hoping it was unacceptable and you'd get attention?
How about this one? Was it just to embarass certain people, or did you really think people would take it to heart and make sure they never again do something as heinous as misspell Mr. Buckingham's name?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Of course I only create my threads to get attention, as my crazed pet snakes no longer shower me with the affection I so desperately crave. Certainly there's no reason to think that people should spell the names of band members in their favorite band correctly. Especially when they are big enough fans to visit a message board daily. That's just nonsense. To risk correcting them so that in the future more people don't wind up losing all respect for them due the repeated errors is risking suicide. Oh the light you have shown me. Too bright. Lead me back to my cage.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
The epidemic that is spelling Mr. Lindsey Buckingham's name "Lindsay" has gotten more and more out of control over the years. I would like to call attention to a few of the people among us who have commited this heinous act. Some have multiple instances to their credit.

Alexbt: "I also have some boots where Lindsay is playing chords and singing possible lead guitar parts." - August 22, 2005.

"The chorus and ending, Lindsay is singing melody. Stevie changes her part every few years, lol." -September 30, 2004.

Forgotten Chimp: "That button up thing just looks dreadful, why would lindsay want her to truss herself up like jessica fletcher????" - August 24, 2005.

mike nh: "Think about this...if stevie and lindsay met when she was around 16 then could it be possible that lindsay took stevie's virginity and thats why she has always had that ''connection'' with him more than anyone else?" - August 25, 2005

UndoingTheLaces: "Like Lindsay interrupted her singing with his song so she decided to say to hell with it and make his song hers." - September 1, 2005

"BTW, did you guys ever her the Fleetwood Mac jam bootleg where they are playing something that sounds like Eyes of the World, and Lindsay is singing the ba ba ba part and Stevie is singing 'Whoa whoa, I hope you make it'." - September 7, 2005

"Crying In the Night (with special guest Lindsay Buckingham)" - August 29, 2005

"Okay, you be Lindsay and I'll be Stevie..." - August 25, 2005

"I heard a great interview with Stevie when she was launching her Vegas show that Lindsay insisted she tone down her wild outfits for the SYW tour." - August 12, 2005

"'I cooked for Lindsay Buckingham for five years,' Nicks recalls, 'I can do it, but I choose not to'." - August 4, 2005

"I learned to sing by watching the Tusk Documentary over and over (especially the part with her and Lindsay working out the harmony in Angel)." - May 5, 2005

" I learned to sing by listening to her songs and watching her and Lindsay Buckingham figure out the harmony to the song "Angel" in a documentary for the making of the album Tusk." - May 18, 2005

"I taught myself to sing by watching Stevie and Lindsay work out the harmonies to Angel, so it's always been a very special thing for me." - June 6th, 2005

Raeven Skye: "If Lindsay and Mick will be there, I wonder if there'll be a "Mini-Mac" song..." - September 9, 2005

Stevehedrick: "lindsay is jealous because her solo career is still successful his dosen't exist!" - July 21, 2005

While this topic should rightfully be in the Lindsey thread, the perpetrators coincidentally happen to all be rabid Stevie forum goers, and therefore would likely never dream of entering the spooky Lindsey forum, and would never learn their misdoings. Hopefully now, they will learn from their mistakes and we can be at peace once and for all.

Must be nice to have so much free time on your hands.

Actually, no. I just feel sorry for you. Hope you get a life soon.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you. The sedatives have begun to wear off already.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Was it just to embarass certain people, or did you really think people would take it to heart and make sure they never again do something as heinous as misspell Mr. Buckingham's name?
Don't you admire his Virgoish attention to detail? Separating the wheat from the chaff, straightening things up to make the world a more logical, clear place?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
Must be nice to have so much free time on your hands.

Actually, no. I just feel sorry for you. Hope you get a life soon.
I guess up until now a part of his life has included learning how to spell. What a waste!

Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Don't you admire his Virgoish attention to detail? Separating the wheat from the chaff, straightening things up to make the world a more logical, clear place?
I'd only be impressed if that "e" was going to solve the problems of famine and war.

I'm a Virgo who "tends to my own garden."
Once I'm perfect, then I'll worry about pointing out everyone else's mistakes.

Gonna be a lonnng time.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I'd only be impressed if that "e" was going to solve the problems of famine and war.

I'm a Virgo who "tends to my own garden."
Once I'm perfect, then I'll worry about pointing out everyone else's mistakes.

Gonna be a lonnng time.
Maybe you'll do that, because it's pretty easy to be a perfect speller.

I guess i thought it was funny because:

A) It doesn't "humiliate" me when someone points out a spelling mistake. Sometimes I'm mad at myself for a minute, for spelling something wrong, but that's not the same.
B) I don't like bad spelling either.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't you think it depends on how the person tells you that you've made a made a spelling/grammar mistake though?
If it's said with kindness and humour, then that's cool and helpful but I hate people who get so superior and snooty about it.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Forgotten Chimp: "That button up thing just looks dreadful, why would lindsay want her to truss herself up like jessica fletcher????" - August 24, 2005.
I am happy to report that that mistake was not made by me but the other person with the similar username.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I agree. So, from now on, stop spelling **** with "ah" at the end where "er" should be. j/k

NEVAH!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenChimp
I am happy to report that that mistake was not made by me but the other person with the similar username.

I still haven't figured out who you are, has anyone

LOL, Does anyone ever take offense to Bobo? Seriously things can get [retty heated on here sometimes, its cool to see something light hearted and a bit fun.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan88
I still haven't figured out who you are, has anyone
I believe Johnny Stew knows who it is, if not some other people as well.
Quote:
LOL, Does anyone ever take offense to Bobo? Seriously things can get [retty heated on here sometimes, its cool to see something light hearted and a bit fun.
I never take offense to Bobo.