Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2002, 08:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default European release...?

Hey, does anyone know if we're gonna see a release of the "very best of.." cd in Europe? I mean, we should...but I emailed an internet store and they didn't know anything about it...they told me, however, that there is a cd entitled "definite" to be released here in Sweden on October 14. It got me confused. I also noticed that the uk-based Amazon does not have it. Can anyone shed some light on this??

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 09-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default UK Release + 2 Different Versions

Hey Emma

Amazon-UK have just listed two versions of "The Very Best Of"

One is the UK release (released 14/10/02)
Track List :- Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop, Dreams, Little Lies, Everywhere, Albatross, You Make Loving Fun, Rhiannon, Black Magic Woman, Tusk _Say You Love Me, Man Of the World, Seven Wonders, Family Man, Sara, Monday Morning, Gypsy, Over My Head, Landslide, The Chain, Big Love (Live From The Dance) _

and the second is the US version (relesaed 21/10/02)
Track List :- Go Your Own Way Dreams, You Make Loving Fun, Rhiannon, Monday Morning, Silver Springs, Say You Love Me, Second Hand News, Over My Head, Sara, Never Going Back Again, Love In Store, Landslide, Songbird, What Makes You Think You're The One, Storms, Go Insane (live), Tusk, Don't Stop, The Chain, Little Lies, Gypsy, Think About Me, Gold Dust Woman, World Turning, Hold Me, Seven Wonders, Everywhere, Family Man, Sisters Of The Moon, As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Skies The Limit, Paper Doll, I'm So Afraid (Live), Big Love (live). _

So us Brits gets a release a week before the US, but a much different song list

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 09-28-2002, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hi Neil,

US-based online retailers (amazon.com, cdnow, Barnes & Noble, Tower Records, etc.) still have October 15th listed as the release date... so I wonder if October 21st is merely the date that amazon-UK will have the US edition of the album in stock?

I hope so, at least!

Johnny Stew
Old 09-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Having lived in the UK for a few years myself, I know that albums released in the UK are always on a Monday (so this is why the UK release seems right for the 14th) and in the US, album releases come out on Tuesdays (hence the 15th for the US release).

As Johnny Stew says, it would stand to reason that perhaps those on line retailers mentioned can't commit to saying that they'll have the US version in stock until the 21st (a Monday) due to the apparent deluge of people overseas that want a "US import" version of the release as early as they can get it and if they were to say the 15th on their sites, then they would have customers hounding them with "why don't you have it in yet, you said you would have it by now on your site? (etc.)" types of replies. I think it's the same in reverse whenever I try to get a UK import sent over here when I order them online (if any of this is of any help)

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 09-29-2002 at 07:02 AM..
Old 09-29-2002, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Hi Neil,

US-based online retailers (amazon.com, cdnow, Barnes & Noble, Tower Records, etc.) still have October 15th listed as the release date... so I wonder if October 21st is merely the date that amazon-UK will have the US edition of the album in stock?

I hope so, at least!

Johnny Stew
Thanks Johnny for clearing this up

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 09-30-2002, 03:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ok then, thanks guys! I'll definitely have to get the US version.

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 09-30-2002, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Emma- so is Fleetwood Mac popular in Sweden? Just curious. (I'm "hundra percent Svensk" although I have never been to Sweden )
Old 10-01-2002, 02:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hi Ricohv!
No, Fleetwood Mac is certainly not big here...people in my parents' age know about them as a 70's band but nobody in my age really. "The Dance" was never really mentioned in media. It's too bad, but I do my best to spread the good music you know! So, you're "hundra procent svensk"? That's cool! Not even I am! But you should visit Sweden some day.

~Emma~
Old 10-05-2002, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Hi Neil,

I hope so, at least!

Johnny Stew
I had a chat with Warner Music UK the folks who deal with the FM back catalogue....

They as yet have NO idea when the US version will be available in the UK......it could be several months. Also the reason they are not releasing the US version as the 'official' UK release is entirely driven by money. Double CD's do not sell well in the UK also the content of the US cd has FM's lesser known tracks to the UK audience. Hence the UK get a heavily edited single cd with pre 1975 material added as those tracks did very well in the UK and not the US. But the irony lies in the fact that WBR's International Office (USA) made the decision as to what The UK audience is going to listen to.
Old 10-06-2002, 03:25 AM

I e mailed CDWOW and they said that they wouldnt be stocking the UK or US version as they have a perfectly good 'Greatest hits' in stock and it wouldnt be cost effective to stock the new one!!

Makes sense