User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
I was far from impressed with this movie! I was expecting to be scared ****less like I was when I saw the Original Exorcist. This movie have maybe 1 scene that even remotly scared me. If you see you probably know which 1 I am talking about, and no its none of the scenes in the preview. Let me say though, that what you see in the preview is pretty much all the "scary" parts in that moive. I would give this move a 2 star out of 5. This movie had potential to be much better. More horror and less court room drama.
The trailer presents it in a totally different light than apparently it is. I think I will wait for the DVD or some night on pay per view in a hotel room.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I just got back from seeing it and I agree. There was also a lot of legal aspects that were not accurate.
The real question is what did you think of Linney's make-up? Her eyeliner, in particular, drove me nucking futs.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
The real question is what did you think of Linney's make-up? Her eyeliner, in particular, drove me nucking futs.

it's funny you mention that because I kept thinking she went overboard with the bronzer and the nude/pinkish lipstick
Old 09-11-2005, 09:24 PM
dissention
This message has been deleted by dissention.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
it's funny you mention that because I kept thinking she went overboard with the bronzer and the nude/pinkish lipstick
The bronzer was so splotchy! Yech! She looks f*cking radiant when she doesn't have three tons of make-up spray-painted on her:

Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The bronzer was so splotchy! Yech! She looks f*cking radiant when she doesn't have three tons of make-up spray-painted on her:

I agree. She is a gorgeous woman and a great actress. I think they tried to make her into a powersuit, hoity toity attorney, but that part of the storyline fell through - and her constant drinking (why was that important? it didn't really fit in anywhere - and the "dark forces" - damn, get a thesaurus
Old 09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm also nominating Campbell Scott's mustache for a Razzie in the Worst Supporting Actor category. Who's with me?

I'm so there! Just saw it last night, and I thought that mess on his face was way more distracting than Laura's bad makeup...
Old 09-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal

I'm so there! Just saw it last night, and I thought that mess on his face was way more distracting than Laura's bad makeup...
another thing I hated about the movie was that it came across as comical in some scenes...you know it's bad when you're in a theater watching a "thriller" and the audience laughs...WTF? I also wasn't fond of the girl in the title role.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Ok, who else wants to see this movie. The previews scare the crap out of me! LOL...and I don't scare easy...

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
I have a friend who, a couple of months ago, started having recurring dreams about the ghost of a girl named emily. Apparently, she started out friendly, then as the dreams progressed, got nasty. In one of her last dreams, my friend was driving her car home from work, emily was next to her. They were at a light, next to a blue mustang, with a liscense plate that I dont recal, but my friend saw and remembered in her dream. Apparently, emily was telling her she had to race this car-and in the dreams, whatever Emily said, my friend had to do. So, they raced, and just as they were coming up on rt 70 in the dream, my driend said "if i keep going, we'll get into an accident" and she woke up.

Well, the next day she was really freaked out. Apparently, she was driving home from work, and had to take a detour around an accident. so, she found herself almost near rt 70, when she heard a crash. When she got to the overpass, there was a car, no one else around, that was in the middle of the road, smashed up. No badly, but enough. The scary part was, it was a blue mustang - with th extact same liscense plate as the one in her dream!! Furthermore, it was in the same place that she had been in her dream when eshe said there was going to be an accident there.

So, b/c of this, my friend is especially intrigued by this movie.

I myself am a little freaked out. I think these kinds of movies look interesting, and I always want to see them, but when I do, I end up freaked out for days. I saw the Ring, and that still bothers me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com