User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation New Bekka solo CD now available

I just noticed that Bekka Bramlett's new solo album entitled "What's in it for me" is now for sale soley through...

www.bekka-bramlett.com

just click on where it says to click to hear song clips and then at THAT screen, go to the "click here to order" option and print out the order form and put in your order. Hope this piece of news was of some help. Non US residents may need to contact the webmaster to work out a payment option though.

John
Old 01-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for the info, John!

I just printed out the order form now! Looking forward to adding it to my collection!

Have a great weekend!

Michele
Old 01-10-2003, 02:37 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1) No "middle man" distributorship
2) More profit for the artist
3) A more personal relationship between artist & fan
4) Why not?
Old 01-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD

4) Why not?
Because I wouldn't be able to get hold of. Isn't it also easier(in one way)to go to the shops and buy it?
Old 01-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation MAC FAN

From what I understand Mac Fan, Bekka has had some record deals on the table but it's the old story of them saying to her "we want you to do this, change that (etc.)" and she just wants to be herself so she's decided to go it alone for now until maybe (hopefully) a smaller, more flexible label comes along. I think it's a great thing to stand up for your "musical rights" and I really respect her for that. As I say, I may be wrong but I think this is why it is being "privately pressed" and sold on line (as opossed to being done through a "big label").

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only non US fan to be interested in the CD so if a bunch of you write to the webmaster there saying you'd like to buy it but can't pay in the current options then maybe something else could be worked out (it worked for me when I e mailed the PGSG people for the PGSG "Blues don't change" CD) or perhaps one of your friendly US ledgie buddies could help you out with the "transfer".

I agree that it would be "easier" if it was in the stores but even then, I have some trouble finding some things at my local retailers (when I go in to Boston) and they are pressed by not huge, but well known American labels and I end up having to have to order then online anyways so it must be the way of the future I guess since some retailers only seem to want to more or less only carry the "top 40" stuff on their racks (sigh).

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 01-10-2003 at 03:48 PM..
Old 01-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Fan
Because I wouldn't be able to get hold of. Isn't it also easier(in one way)to go to the shops and buy it?
All you have to do is go to the website, fill out the form, print it, get a money order, send it off and wait. That doesn't seem so hard to me.

Matt
Old 01-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hey Mac Fan!

Matt's right.....it is so easy to purchase Bekka's cd by simply mailing out a form you print from your computer. You don't even have to pay shipping charges (well, it may be included in the $20, but either way it's still a good deal).

That's the ONLY way I EVER order off the net. I don't mind sending in the request for an item, but that's when I receive an e-mail confirmation that the order was received and then I print out the invoice they send me and mail in my payment.

I NEVER NEVER NEVER give my credit card information over the net...I don't care HOW secure it may claim to be.

As for selling Bekka's CD exclusively via her website, that's exactly what Billy Burnette did when he released "All Night Long" and sold it EXCLUSIVELY here at The Penguin.

I agree that if you don't know about a person's website there's a good chance you can miss out an a CD if it's sold exclusively through that website, but all you can do is hope someone who DOES know about it will "spread the word" so other fans can visit the site and take advantage of exclusive deals!

Have a great day!
Michele
Old 01-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That was the one bad thing, in my case with the Billy cd. I arrived here too late to get it and when I had the money, the store closed down.

Matt
Old 01-13-2003, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which brings me back to a question I've asked (without response) over at Billy's site's guest book.

HOW CAN I GET A COPY OF THE "ALL NIGHT LONG" CD?? Billy doesn't even list it on his own discography.

(Marty, do you have any leftover inventory of it?)
Old 01-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey Chili and Matt!

Unfortunately, that Billy site has not been updated since May 2000 when Billy released "Are You With Me Baby".

I don't think the person who operates it even checks the guestbook....I don't believe that would help you anyway.

I think Grand Avenue Records, the label under which "All Night Long" was released, went under. I cannot find their website, which was always an "under construction" page when it was available, anymore. I don't remember if there was a phone number listed on the CD insert or not.

Perhaps Marty might be able to shed some light on this one.

What I could do is ask Billy himself the next time I e-mail him. It may take a WHILE before I get a response, but he may be able to tell me how one may obtain a copy of it.

For those of you who don't know, I am Billy's sponsor for the Rockabilly Hall of Fame, which is how I am able to e-mail him.

I'll wait to see if Marty can help first before I do anything.

I usually write to Billy a couple times a year, so it will be a while before I write again....probably in May for his birthday on the 8th.

I'll see what I can do for you guys...I can't promise anything, but you know I'll try my best to help!

Michele
Old 01-17-2003, 06:13 AM

*tempted*
Old 01-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Question

Quote:
*tempted*

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Are you saying you are "tempted" to buy Bekka's CD?

Care to enlighten us with an elaboration?

Michele
Old 01-17-2003, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michele
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Are you saying you are "tempted" to buy Bekka's CD?

Care to enlighten us with an elaboration?

Michele
Oh yeah, im definitely tempted to buy it, Im a mac completist u see
Old 01-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
Oh yeah, im definitely tempted to buy it, Im a mac completist u see
I'm the same, but I know it';s going to take me a very long time to get everything by FM.