Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sarah Palin (Alaska Gov) McCain's VP

CHICAGO -- A Republican source told the Chicago Tribune Friday that Sen. John McCain has chosen Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate. Campaign officials would not confirm the report.

CNBC News also reported that a Republican strategist had told the network that Palin is the pick.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Countdown to the first person in the media to dismiss her for being in beauty pageants. A former football star wouldn't be dismissed, but she will be.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very shocked.. and happy! She has always been a Libertarian leaning Republican and now McCain has my vote believe it or not!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

She's great! She's a real woman who hunts moose and everything. LOL! She comes from as far away from DC as you can get! It also helps that my dead aunt lived in Wasila under Palin.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 View Post
I'm very shocked.. and happy! She has always been a Libertarian leaning Republican and now McCain has my vote believe it or not!
Well you are are a Republican so why would that be so difficult to believe?

Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well you are are a Republican so why would that be so difficult to believe?
Well because I was still debating on who was getting my vote. I was going to vote Libertarian Party.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
Countdown to the first person in the media to dismiss her for being in beauty pageants. A former football star wouldn't be dismissed, but she will be.
I would hope that alot of women would dismiss her for her strong anti-abortion record and gun toting ..I watched her speak and she is no Hillary Clinton.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
She's great! She's a real woman who hunts moose and everything. LOL! She comes from as far away from DC as you can get! It also helps that my dead aunt lived in Wasila under Palin.
Is that the same aunt that knew about Hillary killing Vince Foster? I smell a conspiracy here!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is that the same aunt that knew about Hillary killing Vince Foster? I smell a conspiracy here!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would hope that alot of women would dismiss her for her strong anti-abortion record and gun toting ..I watched her speak and she is no Hillary Clinton.
Looks like the McCain campaign wants to grab the women who are still pissed about Hillary losing the nomination. I know nothing about this woman, so I need to do some research before I make a decision about her. Not that I'd vote for McCain either way. But I hope he chose her because she's actually qualified & would be a good VP, not because she's a broad & might get him more votes.

BTW - It's McCain's 72nd birthday today. If that guy gets in & stays for 8 years (gulp) he'll be there when he's 80. Most people take their elderly parents' car keys away at that age, and some people are actually considering putting him into the most powerful position in the nation?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At least she is easy on my eyes compared to the other candidates

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

BTW - It's McCain's 72nd birthday today. If that guy gets in & stays for 8 years (gulp) he'll be there when he's 80. Most people take their elderly parents' car keys away at that age, and some people are actually considering putting him into the most powerful position in the nation?
And a cancer survivor as well..Van Palin has only has 2 years experience as Governer and was a small town Mayor prior to that so I guess the Republicans can stop braying about Barack's lack of experience with her a 72 year old + cancer survivor's heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She is the only one of the four of them with executive experience. Given that they are all seeking to be in an executive office, that is significant.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
She is the only one of the four of them with executive experience. Given that they are all seeking to be in an executive office, that is significant.
and so is the upholding of Roe vs. Wade and numerous other important issues that will be undone by a McCain /Palin adminsration ..even moreso if he croaks midterm leaving her the Pres.You described yourself as a Democrat ..if you are thinking of voting the Repub ticket only because of her gender I don't get it I am a gay man and believe me if one of these self loathing Log Cabin Republicans ever found themselves on A GOP ticket(would never happen so in theory only)You can bet I'd be out pounding the pavement for the Democratic ticket.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and was a small town Mayor prior to that.... heartbeat away from the Presidency.
This is exactly what the Obama camp is saying.. To me this is an insult to most of America, which consists of many "small towns".. we can't all be NYC you know. This just does not hold up IMO. Team Obama should have taken the high road it always pats itself on the back for traveling.

Last edited by Brwn_eyes0511; 08-29-2008 at 01:47 PM..