Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mystery Announcer

There are many mysteries in the Fleetwood Mac annals. Aren't there?

One that's always mystified me is: who the devil introduced the band for the '82 tour?! I want to know before I die.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Mysteries...!

Didnt Bill Graham introduce them for years? I know thats his voice on the live album once or twice.

One thing I NEVER quite understood was why they don't sing Sara live anymore. Once I heard that Stevie said "it was too difficult to sing live." Did that mean it didnt translate well because of the "softness" of the song or it was too difficult for her to sing "emotionally"?

As far as I'm concerned, what happened the night that Lindsey left the band in 1987 is probably in question too. I am 99% sure Mick's re-telling in an embellishment.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Spoliler Below

Quote:
One thing I NEVER quite understood was why they don't sing Sara live anymore.

spoiler

Well you're going to get your FREAKING WISH GRANTED. They're playing that danmed song on the new leg of the tour

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-18-2004, 08:05 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
There are many mysteries in the Fleetwood Mac annals. Aren't there?

One that's always mystified me is: who the devil introduced the band for the '82 tour?! I want to know before I die.
good question...first off, i thought john courage usually introduced them. but it doesn't sound like him on the 1982 tour. in 1987 it was the usual guy (courage?) who introduced them. i think that was the last time they were introduced.

how many times can i use "introduce" in the same post....geez.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default *spoiler mention*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
Once I heard that Stevie said "it was too difficult to sing live." Did that mean it didnt translate well because of the "softness" of the song or it was too difficult for her to sing "emotionally"?
I always assumed she meant emotionally. If the song is about what we all think it's about (amung other things...aborting Don Henley's baby) then it's gotta be pretty emotional for her.

All I ever wanted was to know that you were dreaming....
There's a heartbeat, and it never really died...

I mean it gets to ME...and I've never had a child or an abortion!

*Note*-That may not be what it's about...but it makes sense to me.

*spoiler*

Maybe she's come to a place in her life where she can sing it and look at that part of her life and be sad but go on. I wonder if singing Goodbye Baby live had anything to do with that.

I wonder about when Lindsey quit the band too. Someone suggested in a different thread that all the members should write THEIR interpretations of their time in Fleetwood Mac and then put it in one book. What a read!
Old 04-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I know many others are very skeptical about the reason Stevie gave for dropping Sara, I pretty much believe it. She once said that it just became "this long boring song" on stage, as much as she loved it. Her fans (myself included) might disagree that it's boring live, but it wouldn't change anything if SHE found it boring to do. During the Wild Heart tour, or at least the Largo show that I have, she didn't seem as into the song as she was on the In Concert 1981 show. She might have just gotten bored with it. Strange, I know, since she's still doing Dreams, Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman, and Landslide (although Landslide was most likely reinvigored from The Dance), but I can relate to having to perform something that's very boring and just not wanting to do it. I think she (for some reason) felt Sara was expendable since it was so long and since Tusk still wasn't very recognized as a good album into the 80's (and I'm talking about how critics simply RAVE over Tusk now). Honestly, I'm expecting to hear more from Tusk this leg because of the attention it's getting. But I've gone off on a tangent now, so I'm gonna just stop.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
good question...first off, i thought john courage usually introduced them. but it doesn't sound like him on the 1982 tour.
Right. It's an American with a somewhat spastic speaking style. But who the heck is it?

moviekinks.blogspot.com