Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I've never read the book because it was stolen from the Library. They tried to get it from another location and that copy was stolen too.
I'm not interested in buying it either.
Who on earth would want to steal that? Twice?? It's kind of specific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
And Rumours-era Lindsey sounds sooo adorable! Like i was reading it, and wished that it were Lindsey with his arms around me...*sigh*...ok, sorry, i went into teenage fangirl mode
You're allowed to do that, Miranda, because you ARE a teenage fangirl.
The rest of us have no excuse
(though I'm still twenteen, do I count? )
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Speaking of older men...
Miranda, are you also attracted to Grandpa on The Munsters?
haha.........

no

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I can't believe you've not read it!!!!!

And, btw, I think "Oh no, granny panties" should be your next sheep caption!
"Oh my god, Chris! Not the cotton English granny knickers!"

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't believe you've not read it!!!!!

And, btw, I think "Oh no, granny panties" should be your next sheep caption!
I was just at the library the other day, but unless I go there with a list, any book I was recommended or had thought to look up is always forgotten. I'm going to read it eventually, I promise!

Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Said he thought she had fragile shoulders, which is especially creepy. When they were separated and reunited for one last time after Desi's funeral, he said something like, "you're still the person with the most fragile shoulders I've ever seen." Yeah, well . . . hmm. I suppose there are worse fetishes you could have.

Michele
lol. wow. And at a funeral, no less.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I agree with LouieLouie!

But what keeps it from being even more fun for me is all the blurry tiny Polaroids.
For real. Looks like typical groupie pictures...

Quote:
Said he thought she had fragile shoulders, which is especially creepy. When they were separated and reunited for one last time after Desi's funeral, he said something like, "you're still the person with the most fragile shoulders I've ever seen." Yeah, well . . . hmm. I suppose there are worse fetishes you could have.

Michele
LOL! That was so...odd, and random...Did they really have a housekeeper named Desi?!

How bizarre, how bizarre.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL! That was so...odd, and random...Did they really have a housekeeper named Desi?!
Carol said Desi was like a mother to her and Lindsey. Sounds like the makings of a great sitcom. The rock star, his beautiful girlfriend, and the crazy housekeeper who keeps them all in line.

Michele
Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I was just at the library the other day, but unless I go there with a list, any book I was recommended or had thought to look up is always forgotten. I'm going to read it eventually, I promise!

Done.

I think I own every FM book. I constantly read at work, until we got wifi about 6 months ago. Now, it's just more needles, in my online addiction! Facebook is evil!

Made my day!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I own every FM book. I constantly read at work, until we got wifi about 6 months ago. Now, it's just more needles, in my online addiction! Facebook is evil!

Made my day!
Even Mick's book? More entertaining than facebook, though. I didn't even keep mine for two weeks.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd say the book was definitely an interesting read because it had a lot of information on things we would otherwise not know about. However, I dislike her quite obvious subjective portrayal of events: she's the innocent angel and everyone else has issues. I don't respect people who shade over their own transgressions when writing autobiographically. If you've chosen to go down that path, do it completely and fairly or don't do it at all. And if you must hide the horrible stuff then don't bring up everybody else's because it's too obvious.

Stevie came off as a flake in the truest sense. And I'm sure that wasn't by accident.

I thought Lindsey came off very human. He definitely had/has issues, but that is par for the course with brilliant artists. They are so fascinatingly screwed up in many ways. Anyway, I'll always adore the fact that he has said nothing about this and continues to live his life without a care in the world about CAH or her book.

I forgot how the other members were depicted, but I think I remember Dennis Wilson being a manwhore of sorts, or was that someone else's book?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Even Mick's book? More entertaining than facebook, though. I didn't even keep mine for two weeks.
Oh, Mick's is probably my favorite! Storms would be #2. I've got "Rumours" book, some FM discography book, Mick's coffee table picture book(two copies actually - the first one I bought was factory shrink wrapped, and I couldn't bear to open it). I think I've got one other, too......

My best friend just deleted his FB, even though his friends were begging him not to. He's a little paranoid, tbh, and he felt like everyone knew his business, because of FB.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, Mick's is probably my favorite! Storms would be #2. I've got "Rumours" book, some FM discography book, Mick's coffee table picture book(two copies actually - the first one I bought was factory shrink wrapped, and I couldn't bear to open it). I think I've got one other, too.......
One the better Mac bio's is "Headliner's ~ Fleetwood Mac" by Charley Walters. It came out in 1980 and is a very good read. That was the first Mac book I read, although at the time I had no interest in Fleetwood Mac. My mom got it in a "bonus giftbox" for buying a new vacuum cleaner.
One of the worst books is "The Complete Fleetwood Mac Sessions". The book says is supposed to be a run down of all of the Mac recording sessions, oddly enough it only mentions released material!! Not very complete if you ask me.
Another cruddy one is one called "The Fleetwood Mac Discography" or something and it reviews every Mac album. Along the way the author pretty much trashes every Stevie song while praising every Christine song.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

I forgot how the other members were depicted, but I think I remember Dennis Wilson being a manwhore of sorts, or was that someone else's book?
That was in this book, although he may have been portrayed the same way in others. CAH said that Dennis lied and told Christine that he slept with CAH, when he really hadn't.

Michele
Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Carol said Desi was like a mother to her and Lindsey. Sounds like the makings of a great sitcom. The rock star, his beautiful girlfriend, and the crazy housekeeper who keeps them all in line.

Michele
LOVE IT!!

"It's Not THAT Funny, Is It?" starring Bill Hader from SNL as LB, who never speaks. He just sits around and doodles on the guitar, humming and making funny facial expressions while Carol Ann dresses up like Stevie all the time, wandering from room to room, in flowing black chiffon proclaiming her birthday is May 26th and how she should be a model since she looks just like Stevie Nicks. Wanda Sykes could play Desi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'd say the book was definitely an interesting read because it had a lot of information on things we would otherwise not know about. However, I dislike her quite obvious subjective portrayal of events: she's the innocent angel and everyone else has issues. I don't respect people who shade over their own transgressions when writing autobiographically. If you've chosen to go down that path, do it completely and fairly or don't do it at all. And if you must hide the horrible stuff then don't bring up everybody else's because it's too obvious.

Stevie came off as a flake in the truest sense. And I'm sure that wasn't by accident.

I thought Lindsey came off very human. He definitely had/has issues, but that is par for the course with brilliant artists. They are so fascinatingly screwed up in many ways. Anyway, I'll always adore the fact that he has said nothing about this and continues to live his life without a care in the world about CAH or her book.

Oh yeah? I would bet the lawyers had been all over that book like white on rice forever....the really good stuff may have been left out...

Quote:
That was in this book, although he may have been portrayed the same way in others. CAH said that Dennis lied and told Christine that he slept with CAH, when he really hadn't.

Michele
Bwaaa! About that ocean front property in Arizona...
Old 05-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Bwaaa! About that ocean front property in Arizona...
Oh, so you don't believe her?! Ha.

There was an old rumor going around that Christine found Dennis and CAH in bed. Carol must have heard it and she sought to address and quietly dispute it in her book.

Michele
Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, so you don't believe her?! Ha.

There was an old rumor going around that Christine found Dennis and CAH in bed. Carol must have heard it and she sought to address and quietly dispute it in her book.

Michele
Why on earth would he ever sleep/consider sleeping with CAH when he had Chris

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr