User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
HUGE difference between two-three 3k-5k seater acts teaming up to tour 15K capacity sheds and two arena headliners teaming up to tackle 40K+ stadiums. The differences are so substantial that I can't believe you apparently don't recognize them.

The way you phrase that, you seem to suggest that such a tour is likely, and that suggesting the tour could never happen is an act of prescience... when its clearly the other way around.
Go your own way, Luke.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Luke, do you think they can play stadiums in Florida or Colorado too?
Miami & Denver are plausible. Atlanta (from a regional perspective) makes more sense to me than Miami, at least at first blush. Eagles did a concert at the then-new Denver Broncos stadium Summer '01, and it sold 55K+ tickets. Of course, we're talking about ten years later, now. It really all boils down to how much money these guys would expect out of such a proposition, and finding a price point that's palatable to the bands, managers, and the public.

Which reminds me, reason number #57 why this tour will never take place- both FM & Eagles historically require large, up-front guarantees- rather than, say, 95% of the gross minus expenses. There is no question that an FM/Eagles package tour would require an astronomical up-front guarantee in order for the bands to sign off on this... something in the neighborhood of about $4M per date. Hence, the $5M (after expenses) breakeven figure I referenced before. The incestuous Live Nation/Eagles/FM/Irving Azoff relationship aside, this is still quite a bit to ask.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think this idea is awful for many obvious reasons. It seems like Live Daily is looking for feedback on this idea so post away. Here is the link:http://www.livedaily.com/backline/ea...%220.499%22%7D

FYI this rumour has been around for a few years. Here's a real blast from the past on this very same topic on this very same board. http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16247

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 12-13-2009 at 07:30 AM..
Old 12-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey can play guitar on "Hotel California"

As has been said before, this is something akin to a bad dream. Not a dream I want to sell either!

Thanks to Luke for his insightful posts, too. Very interesting.

- Spike
Old 12-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I actually think they can pull off up to 10 double-bill stadium dates...
I wonder if that's the idea - just a very few shows. Stevie and Don Henley's "Two Voices" tour was only ten dates, right?

I may be in the minority, but I hope this will happen. These are my favorite groups and to see them both in one show would indeed be a "dream pairing" for me. I think there are others like me, and there are more casual fans of both groups who would go to a "combo" show even if they don't go to a show with just one of the groups.

As for all the ego business, I think if the money were good enough, that would be cast aside. Heck, maybe FM and the Eagles would like the idea of playing shorter sets and still getting a comparable amount of money. So, the only real question is, would this combo make the kind of money necessary to get everyone on board? If the answer is "no" then forget it. If the answer is "yes"...

Old 12-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Luke--

You make some excellent points, but I think there are some other factors besides money (well of course, that's always the number one factor) that would make this sort of outing very attractive to the Eagles.

Recent Eagles and solo shows have demonstrated that while the Eagles still put on an amazing show, they just aren't able to do lengthy tours and multiple dates in a row without consequence any more.

On the last string of dates, Frey was looking and sounding tired. Recently, Henley's been experiencing vocal problems on his solo shows (and at Eagles shows). Henley has also frequently lamented the fact that he doesn't want to be away from his children.

This would be a great way to

1. Make a lot of money in a few dates
2. Play a shortened set that would take the pressure off of the vocals.

We really think that as much as we don't want it to, this mini-tour is going to happen. Thank goodness the Eagles are doing a string of west coast dates this spring.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
But would this generate enough money to placate Eagles? They're the ones that would need convincing- they could play a stadium gig here and there on their own- they don't need FM's help. FM's the one that's aimlessly sputtering with no direction or momentum & are in strong need/desire of one last big payday/hurrah before they pack it in.

Last edited by HenleyFan; 12-13-2009 at 12:35 PM..
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
Luke--

You make some excellent points, but I think there are some other factors besides money (well of course, that's always the number one factor) that would make this sort of outing very attractive to the Eagles.

Recent Eagles and solo shows have demonstrated that while the Eagles still put on an amazing show, they just aren't able to do lengthy tours and multiple dates in a row without consequence any more.

On the last string of dates, Frey was looking and sounding tired. Recently, Henley's been experiencing vocal problems on his solo shows (and at Eagles shows). Henley has also frequently lamented the fact that he doesn't want to be away from his children.

This would be a great way to

1. Make a lot of money in a few dates
2. Play a shortened set that would take the pressure off of the vocals.

We really think that as much as we don't want it to, this mini-tour is going to happen. Thank goodness the Eagles are doing a string of west coast dates this spring.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
I see that those I Love All Access packages are $995.00 for the first 3 rows. Do those typically sell well for The Eagles shows? I can just imagine how insane they will be if Fleetwood Mac are added to the mix.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it would actually be kind of neat and an interesting combo if this went ahead, would be an attention getter for sure... A full on tour over a number of months together might take away from it being sort of special... but if they did a limited string of dates in the summer at these venues Luke mentioned, like in 10 or so markets that could handle the cost, I think it's totally plausible and achievable. I don't know what each band plans to do for this coming summer, maybe a few massive shows together sounds more attractive for both bands and would generate what would normally take a summer tour to make for them... who knows.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

How well the ILAA packages sell really depends on the market. They will sell better in Los Angeles than they will in Moline. The prices also fluctuate according to market.

The prices for the Hollywood Bowl shows are inflated because of the "special" nature of those shows. Usually, ILAA is about $595 to $795 and only guarantee first 10 rows. In the most recent shows most ILAA people got rows 5-8 unlike previous tours when you could get first 3 for the same price.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I see that those I Love All Access packages are $995.00 for the first 3 rows. Do those typically sell well for The Eagles shows? I can just imagine how insane they will be if Fleetwood Mac are added to the mix.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as it doesn't affect the potential new FM album, and someone bootlegs it, go for it, otherwise, no way!!

:P
Old 12-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see both the egos and the $$$$ TOTALLY prohibiting this!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to tour? Say it ain’t so!
By Chris Coplan on December 14th, 2009

Go ahead and say this out loud: “Yeah, I’m going to see Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles next week”. You’ve always wanted to say it and now that musical fantasy could be making its way to a stadium near you, and in no time at all.

According to LiveDaily.com, the proposal for the tour has been submitted to stadium and arena operators and promoters across the country for a U.S. summer tour. While nothing is definite, given the recent success of U2, who were able to pack 70,000+ seat venues, and the likes of Madonna and The Police, things look promising. Plus, this is the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac we’re talking about!

The tour would see the band take on baseball and football stadiums, either in single or multiple nights. If you know your music history, the two have only ever played together once, on July 25, 1976, at Schaefer Stadium in Foxboro, MA. The Eagles had just released their now-iconic greatest hits album and Fleetwood Mac were touring behind their second eponymous album, with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, who at the time were new members! There’s a little rock history for you.

In other news, Fleetwood Mac recently finished up a European tour in November and saw the re-release of its own greatest hits package, The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac, in October. Meanwhile, The Eagles last toured in July 2009 (though they do have three dates already scheduled next April), and their Wal-Mart-only issued Long Road Out of Eden, their first studio album since 1979’s The Long Run, stormed the charts in 2007, working off of singles “How Long” and “Busy Being Fabulous”. Needless to say, these two acts “still got it.”

We’ll keep you updated once the tour stops teasing us and delivers some actual dates.

The Eagles 2010 Tour Dates:
04/16 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
04/17 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
04/18 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/1...ay-it-aint-so/
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Uh oh...

Looks like its going to happen!!!!

http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archi...14/701778.aspx

I dont care what anyone says. I actually looking forward to this!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kill me now. Just kill me now. I don't even have the energy for this.

Michele
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

At least it would be something different, for both audience and performers, since neither band have any new material out. I mean, both bands have been working the arena/amphitheatre circuit since the mid-90's now...

And as usual, I'm hoping that by "U.S." they mean 'U.S.+Toronto', hehe...