Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Buckingham/McVie sounds like Fleetwood Mac. You can almost hear Stevie singing back up on Red Sun and other songs. Tango barely sounds like Fleetwood Mac because it was mostly a Lindsey solo album. All of his songs could have fit perfectly on a solo album and no one would have thought a thing. Very little of Tango sounds anything like Fleetwood Mac IMHO. That is why its probably my least favorite Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Buckingham/McVie sounds like Fleetwood Mac. You can almost hear Stevie singing back up on Red Sun and other songs. Tango barely sounds like Fleetwood Mac because it was mostly a Lindsey solo album. All of his songs could have fit perfectly on a solo album and no one would have thought a thing. Very little of Tango sounds anything like Fleetwood Mac IMHO. That is why its probably my least favorite Fleetwood Mac album.
BuckVie, no contest. warm and pleasant, unassuming.

i don't care much about Tango or Mirage, other than a couple of songs on Mirage (i adore Eyes and Hold Me, mainly), and i learned to love and enjoy all those huge Chris hits on Tango.

to the point you are making Macfan, i'm not so sure that it really holds. by extension LB fans should love Tango. i love LB solo albums, but i can't care less about Tango. now if you made that argument about Tusk or SYW i could buy that - LB songs on those 2 are really LB solo albums.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think the spirit and production on BuckVie are more organic and less tethered to a specific era of time. There's no way one can listen to Tango without knowing it's calculated mid-80s pop.

The four hits on Tango are excellent but even then (Little Lies excepted) they do not measure up to the rest of the band's best work. The album feels anxious, whereas BuckVie isn't a desperate bid for the top-10. The musicians know they can no longer sell albums in the millions of copies (or even the hundreds of thousands) but they still want to make music in the idioms that made them famous. As a result, those ten songs, especially the five that were co-recorded with both vocalists, have a genuine warmth and charm. And the last two songs are as good, if not better, than anything on Tango.
i love what you said here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
BuckVie, no contest. warm and pleasant, unassuming.

i don't care much about Tango or Mirage, other than a couple of songs on Mirage (i adore Eyes and Hold Me, mainly), and i learned to love and enjoy all those huge Chris hits on Tango.

to the point you are making Macfan, i'm not so sure that it really holds. by extension LB fans should love Tango. i love LB solo albums, but i can't care less about Tango. now if you made that argument about Tusk or SYW i could buy that - LB songs on those 2 are really LB solo albums.
I can hear Caroline playing right after Go Insane and Tango in the Night playing right before Loving Cup and Big Love playing right after Slow Dancing seamlessly