User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking San Antonio - BuckVie show - November 14, 2017

Great show! The sound in Majestic Theater was a tad loud, but Elle, button-lip and I were up front so maybe it sounded a bit better further back? That said, Christine and Lindsey sounded terrific vocally. LB threw in a few"adlibs" into his solos and singing too! Security for the venue were a bit anxious all night, telling people to sit down and not to take ANY pictures or vids. Regardless, people were taking pics and vids. During ISA, there were people running up to get selfies while LB played his solo!

I made a sign that has Lindsey Rules on one side and Perfect Christine on the other. Thanks to Elle (because I'm a short human. lol), LB saw my sign and made a "Oh, cool." face. Ha! It's been awhile since he's seen it. He doesn't remember me. Lol I think Christine saw her side but not sure. Holding it up tonight in Austin so she should see it since I'm second row center.

After ISA was over, we all rushed up to the stage and security gave up. Lol The band was further back so there was a gap but it was still great. Got to fiddle LB's guitar during GYOW and I haven't gotten to do that in years.

No baseball bat showing at this one. Heh. There were some cute faces and LB going over to Chris to put his head on her shoulder.

Now on to Austin!!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Great show! The sound in Majestic Theater was a tad loud, but Elle, button-lip and I were up front so maybe it sounded a bit better further back?
Careful, they'll call you OLD!

Louisville was LOUD AF. TOO loud. Piercingly loud AF.

Does anyone know if maybe they changed sound guys?
Old 11-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

no i think it's the mix combined with the venue setup. I've seen them in WV and Cleveland last week, which was just a day before Louisville and the sound in those 2 venues was amazing.

yesterday the sound was the same level as far as loudness goes as Cleveland, but mix just didn't sound as warm, not sure how to say it, but you definitely wouldn't characterize it as great sound. one of the sound guys once told me theaters are bit hard soundwise since they were not built for sound systems and amplifiers. which is a pity because Christine was really great vocally, on practically every single song yesterday - she finally found her groove!! and you could hear her harmonies on all the verses he sang too, which was really really nice.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-15-2017, 11:59 AM

I wonder what happened to the baseball bat.

So glad the show was great and you guys had a good time.

Did they do Game of Pretend?
Old 11-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When was the last sighting? It was in Louisville...
Old 11-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

So glad the show was great and you guys had a good time.

Did they do Game of Pretend?
Stevie probably confiscated that bat. She told Christine: "not gonna happen"

Great time with Elle and Christy! They finally realized how crazy I am.

The did Game of Pretend and it was beautiful. I couldn't hear Christine at first but maybe it was because I was singing. I think I recorded it. And Tusk. And I'm so Afraid. I'll post them tomorrow.

Austin, here we go!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I couldn't hear Christine at first but maybe it was because I was singing. I think I recorded it. And Tusk. And I'm so Afraid. I'll post them tomorrow.

Austin, here we go!
Some idiot ruined all my videos I took in Nashville, by singing while they were recording!

Have a great show!
Old 11-15-2017, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some idiot ruined all my videos I took in Nashville, by singing while they were recording!

Have a great show!
I was near the stage, so Christine and Lindsey sang louder than me.

But I think I ruined one or two videos of the big guy sitting next to me. But he deserved it. He told me at the beginning of the show he was there only for the FM songs. How dare you?!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 11-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
But I think I ruined one or two videos of the big guy sitting next to me. But he deserved it. He told me at the beginning of the show he was there only for the FM songs. How dare you?!
Screw that guy! WHO couldn't love this new album? Closed minded idiots!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

At the Atlanta show, after the concert, I went over to FOH to see if I knew anyone, and the sound guy said he's been doing sound with FM for years. I personally don't remember him from any shows and he was a bit nasty. Did the same at Ft. Laud, it was the same guy. A friend was working FOH and he said the sound guy was 'difficult'.
I'm kinda surprised cuz I've heard LB is really particular about sound. I know someone who did one of their tours and he said that they went thru a few sound guys cuz of LB's pickiness. Oh... The stories! lol

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 11-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Christine McVie solo at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio, Texas on June 11, 1984. So, Chris returns to The Majestic Theater 33 years later! I wasn't in town, but it must have been a FANTASTIC show!
Old 11-16-2017, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I saw Christine McVie solo at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio, Texas on June 11, 1984. So, Chris returns to The Majestic Theater 33 years later! I wasn't in town, but it must have been a FANTASTIC show!
I was at that show too as a teen back in '84. Great concert! I was just to the left of center, about six rows from the stage. I remember standing up, dancing around and having Todd Sharp repeatedly flash his shiny guitar in my direction.

Didn't get to see BuckVie in SA but I did see them earlier in Chicago. I'm going back to SA for Thanksgiving next week and will see if I can dig up my ticket stub, t-shirt, and perhaps a very poor audio recording of the '84 show in a box somewhere at my parents' house.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
I was at that show too as a teen back in '84. Great concert! I was just to the left of center, about six rows from the stage. I remember standing up, dancing around and having Todd Sharp repeatedly flash his shiny guitar in my direction.

Didn't get to see BuckVie in SA but I did see them earlier in Chicago. I'm going back to SA for Thanksgiving next week and will see if I can dig up my ticket stub, t-shirt, and perhaps a very poor audio recording of the '84 show in a box somewhere at my parents' house.
Good memory! Yes, Todd had some sort of mirror on his guitar where it would shine into the audience. You got a T shirt. You lucky duck. I used to keep all my ticket stubs when I was a teen but eventually I threw everything away.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie