User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryderi View Post
Loved the concert footage. Please release soon!!!!!!
I agree with that. I loved this show so much...from both of them.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
^^^

That comes through clearly. But that's not why some people, including myself, are pointing it out. No matter what the context, the comment seems bitter and harsh, perhaps an attempt to be dryly funny (which she often is) that lands on the side of petty and spiteful. I might not have felt this way had the rest of her interview seemed more relaxed, but she was pretty angry elsewhere, too. The comment about wanting to run towards her former psychotherapist and kill him is an example. Her frustration over losing eight years of her life is understandable. The devastation must be real. But she's been saying things to this effect for about 17 years, and the comments only get harsher and harsher, suggesting that she can't seem to move on. This is ironically robbing her of more time.

She's been complaining about LB not being employable for decades, too. Some of the comments back in the day, such as the "hamburger helper" comment from a Wild Heart interview in '83 were hilarious, proof of her acerbic wit. But the comments not only persist but get harsher, more aggressive.
Her comments about the 8 years lost to Klonopin always intrigue me because except for the last two (92-93) she was actually quite productive: Recording of OSOTM and tour (1988-1989); Recording of BTM album and tour (1990); Putting together Timespace and tour(1991). So she really wasn't just sitting around. And at least some of 1992-1993 were spent working on Street Angel so again, she was busy. She probably doesn't remember a whole lot from those 8 years which is really a shame.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 08-16-2017, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Her comments about the 8 years lost to Klonopin always intrigue me because except for the last two (92-93) she was actually quite productive: Recording of OSOTM and tour (1988-1989); Recording of BTM album and tour (1990); Putting together Timespace and tour(1991). So she really wasn't just sitting around. And at least some of 1992-1993 were spent working on Street Angel so again, she was busy. She probably doesn't remember a whole lot from those 8 years which is really a shame.
maybe she'd rather say (and have people think) she wasn't doing anything rather than that she did stuff that just didn't sell as well.

I actually like a lot of things about OSOTM, though a lot of it would have benefited from some tightening up and editorial direction. And Timespace was cool. But not the blockbusters that BD and WH were.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I think she feels that she didn't put out quality work instead of not doing any work. I don't think that Street Angel is quality work and we know that Stevie hated the album. It was really the lowest point in her career.

I wish she'd stop talking about Klonopin, though. There are plenty of people that need to take it for very legitimate reasons. I'd hate to see someone end up not getting the help they need because Stevie has bad-mouthed it so publicly. I get it, it didn't work for her, but in the end, she's responsible for making her own decisions about her health. She can talk about how much she blames the doctor all she wants, but at any point she could have said no.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am beginning to wish she would just stop talking about the past.

There cannot be a person on this planet who does not know about her and Lindsey, who doesn't know about her drug problems.

Move on, there must be loads of other stuff in her colourful past, if she has to talk about the past.

And yes I realise that journalists asks the same questions over and over.
......But.....
She could say that she spoken enough about her and Lindsey, ask me something fresh.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I am beginning to wish she would just stop talking about the past.

There cannot be a person on this planet who does not know about her and Lindsey, who doesn't know about her drug problems.

Move on, there must be loads of other stuff in her colourful past, if she has to talk about the past.

And yes I realise that journalists asks the same questions over and over.
......But.....
She could say that she spoken enough about her and Lindsey, ask me something fresh.
I agree. You can see from the cuts in the video that this was a long conversation. I would love to see the rest of it. It seems to me that interviewers always ask the same questions, although this interviewer at least seemed like she'd researched Stevie's past better than most. But we've heard all about Stevie's pre-FM days and drug use a hundred times before!

I don't think the Mr. Useless comment was derogatory at all. If you watch the clip in context, Stevie is poking fun at her own perception of him at that time -- that he was a musical genius who all the same was useless for making money or cooking dinner. And when the interviewer remarks that Lindsey was how they got into Fleetwood Mac, Stevie immediately replies "absolutely".

I'm surprised that so many people are getting worked up about this, as I don't think it's all that different than anything Stevie has said even in front of Lindsey regarding their past.