Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Registered

WARNING it is Disgusting the way he treats the woman and the LANGUAGE IS JUST AS BAD

YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD - ADULTS ONLY

here is a typical trump supporter on the NYC subway

Last edited by olive; 07-25-2016 at 04:30 PM..
Old 07-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is Hillary Clinton a racist

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/19/off_...racism_showed/
Old 07-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Sorry- posting a link to a journalistic article commenting on a history of allegedly racist incidents involving a candidate for the US Presidency is not 'race-bating'. Sorry, it really isn't.
...i didn't say it was, Jondalar said that.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Hillary is racist too

Really? CP time? (Colored Peoples Time)

Sounds like Trump here.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Registered

Old 07-26-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
In my country we call what you are doing "climbing on mirrors".
Old 07-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Trump has re-tweeted bogus statistics about blacks being violent, made up a story about witnessing Muslims celebrating the WTC attack in New York, and used Mexican as a put down of a U.S. born judge.

Calls Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas"

Said "Look at my African-Amercan over here" in front of a predominantly white audience. Not funny.

Didn't Howard Dean go down in flames simply for a phony sounding "yah" whoop? Standards for Dems much harsher than for Repubs I'd say. Hillary Clinton and Obama have had to walk a very thin line.

On the other hand I thought whoever wrote that negative email referencing Bernie Sanders being Jewish was horrid. As a Protestant if there is any anti-semitism tolerated in the Democratic party I think that is as bad as anything that can be said about Trump.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post

here in Oklahoma, BKA Native America, Warren is called a HELLUVA lot worse.

In this state (The name Oklahoma is based on the Choctaw Indian words okla humma which translates as "red people.") one will get shamed into the GROUND by stating "I'm a member of the ______ tribe" if they cannot provide ACTUAL proof of ancestory via either Dawes Roll or have a CDIB card (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood). Better have proof in this state of Native Blood before announcing it publicly because you ass will go under the bus, and that bus will also go in reverse to make sure it hit you the first time.

"Further, to enroll as a member of the Cherokee Nation, an individual must have had a direct ancestor listed among the more than 101,000 people enrolled on the "Final Rolls of the Citizens and Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes in Indian Territory" between 1898-1914, now known as the Dawes Rolls. The Cherokee Nation is very strict about this, even keeping descendants of siblings of men and women on the rolls out of the tribe, as well as descendents of Cherokees who were living out of the area at the time the lists were drawn up in what was then Northeastern Oklahoma.

"If she does not have an ancestor listed on the Dawes Rolls, she cannot be considered Cherokee through this tribe," explained Lydia Neal, a processor with the registrar's office of the Cherokee Nation. "

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...r-what/257415/

Hell, when I lived in SW Oklahoma (From 1991-2015) I caught hell DAILY for being an Indian who has a white complexion ("You're not Indian unless your dark skinned, blahblahblah") but who is a card carrying member of the Cherokee Nation (My great-great grandparents were FORCED from NC to Oklahoma via the Trail of Tears...Thanks US govt - total sarcasm) and who is more degree of indian than some of those who COMPLAINED about my "skin color". Kinda ironic that once I posted photos of my Father on my fb profile THOSE SKIN COMMENTS kind of went away...geez, I wonder why??? Hmmm....

Anyways, I thought it was ironic that even CNN (Clinton News Network...gag!) has a good opinion piece on Warren, worth a read:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/opinio...ns-moya-smith/

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-27-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
here in Oklahoma, BKA Native America, Warren is called a HELLUVA lot worse.

In this state (The name Oklahoma is based on the Choctaw Indian words okla humma which translates as "red people.") one will get shamed into the GROUND by stating "I'm a member of the ______ tribe" if they cannot provide ACTUAL proof of ancestory via either Dawes Roll or have a CDIB card (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood). Better have proof in this state of Native Blood before announcing it publicly because you ass will go under the bus, and that bus will also go in reverse to make sure it hit you the first time.

"Further, to enroll as a member of the Cherokee Nation, an individual must have had a direct ancestor listed among the more than 101,000 people enrolled on the "Final Rolls of the Citizens and Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes in Indian Territory" between 1898-1914, now known as the Dawes Rolls. The Cherokee Nation is very strict about this, even keeping descendants of siblings of men and women on the rolls out of the tribe, as well as descendents of Cherokees who were living out of the area at the time the lists were drawn up in what was then Northeastern Oklahoma.

"If she does not have an ancestor listed on the Dawes Rolls, she cannot be considered Cherokee through this tribe," explained Lydia Neal, a processor with the registrar's office of the Cherokee Nation. "

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...r-what/257415/

Hell, when I lived in SW Oklahoma (From 1991-2015) I caught hell DAILY for being an Indian who has a white complexion ("You're not Indian unless your dark skinned, blahblahblah") but who is a card carrying member of the Cherokee Nation (My great-great grandparents were FORCED from NC to Oklahoma via the Trail of Tears...Thanks US govt - total sarcasm) and who is more degree of indian than some of those who COMPLAINED about my "skin color". Kinda ironic that once I posted photos of my Father on my fb profile THOSE SKIN COMMENTS kind of went away...geez, I wonder why??? Hmmm....

Anyways, I thought it was ironic that even CNN (Clinton News Network...gag!) has a good opinion piece on Warren, worth a read:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/opinio...ns-moya-smith/
I didn't think this was so complex. What do you think/How did you cope with this sort of reverse racism, for lack of a better term?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Trump has re-tweeted bogus statistics about blacks being violent, made up a story about witnessing Muslims celebrating the WTC attack in New York, and used Mexican as a put down of a U.S. born judge.

Said "Look at my African-Amercan over here" in front of a predominantly white audience. Not funny.

Didn't Howard Dean go down in flames simply for a phony sounding "yah" whoop? Standards for Dems much harsher than for Repubs I'd say. Hillary Clinton and Obama have had to walk a very thin line.

On the other hand I thought whoever wrote that negative email referencing Bernie Sanders being Jewish was horrid. As a Protestant if there is any anti-semitism tolerated in the Democratic party I think that is as bad as anything that can be said about Trump.
1) I have never seen any blacks being violent stats from him
2) Some Muslims (not all) were celebrating in NYC after 9/11. Muslim is not a race.
3) He was wrong to criticize the judge on his heritage, however you can see where he was coming from, thinking the judge would be biased against him. being Mexican is not a race.
4) Elizabeth Warren lied and lied and lied about her heritage, claiming to be native american, which helped get her a job as a professor. That is racist.
5) He misspoke that day, he shouldn't of said that. However pointing out that there is more than one race and that he has fans of both races is not racist. Do you even understand racism? You don't. That wasn't racist. Come on.

Thanks to President Obama, we are much more divided as a nation right now than we were 7 years ago.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
1) I have never seen any blacks being violent stats from him
2) Some Muslims (not all) were celebrating in NYC after 9/11. Muslim is not a race.
3) He was wrong to criticize the judge on his heritage, however you can see where he was coming from, thinking the judge would be biased against him. being Mexican is not a race.
4) Elizabeth Warren lied and lied and lied about her heritage, claiming to be native american, which helped get her a job as a professor. That is racist.
5) He misspoke that day, he shouldn't of said that. However pointing out that there is more than one race and that he has fans of both races is not racist. Do you even understand racism? You don't. That wasn't racist. Come on.

Thanks to President Obama, we are much more divided as a nation right now than we were 7 years ago.
Muslim and Mexican aren't races but this is ignorant on top of being racist. Races don't exist, ethnic groups exist and those are based for the most part on culture which has nothing to do with one's DNA.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I didn't think this was so complex. What do you think/How did you cope with this sort of reverse racism, for lack of a better term?
can change how many feel in regards to how racism towards Native Americans is perceived.

I got tired of the narrow-minded BS a long time ago - but nothing will change...I do not look towards any politician or political party to make a change - no matter how much they preach about "change". As most Native Americans do, I also follow those KIND words of the late George Carlin: "I don't believe a single word the government says...nada"

I am just glad I was born in Oklahoma and saw the other side of how the race card can be played...born and raised in a state that was founded on racism (ie "Indian Territory" - that is that it WAS until O-I-L was discovered here, then once again the Tribal people were kicked aside like a rugby ball) makes one see things not necessarily from either a 'conservative' nor 'liberal' view, but from a "centralist" point of view.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-27-2016, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Muslim is not a race. being Mexican is not a race.

He's Muslimist and Mexicanist. Semantics!
It's splitting hairs really- to say that isn't being racist rather misses the point.

Also, this regular reference to 'blacks' as a homogenous group is quite offensive. It seems to be common in America- I guess its different over with you. In the UK it is offensive not to refer to 'black people'.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure he went up to each person supposedly celebrating openly in NYC as the towers fell and asked their religion!

Didn't see it doesn't mean didn't exist but almost nobody saw these crowds of supposedly celebrating supposed Muslims where as loads of people got the dumb 'blacks kill blacks, blacks kill whites' tweet from Trump. It was very early on in the campaign for him running for pres.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When Hillary was running against Obama in 2008, they were calling her a racist. (fake outrage and race baiting) However, Obama wasn't vetted like a normal candidate. He only started to get vetted by the media after he received the votes to shore up the nomination. Plus, considering over 90% blacks voted for him, I think it was clear they voted for him based on skin color. The Democratic party and the media was being racist and Hillary was the expendable white lady. Had Obama been white, Hillary would of won the nomination. I think that is very clear.
Closed Thread