Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ok, I don't often admit this, but when I read about Twin Peaks returning, I got kind of giddy & light-headed. Yep, ol' chiliD kinda swooned!

I LOVED TWIN PEAKS!!! No, I really did...I was a TP FREAK!!! I scoured every scene of every episode for clues.

I have the ENTIRE series (commercial free...via a VCR's "pause" button) on VHS!!! I hope that they'll re-release the original series on Blue-Ray now. I had the original pilot episode on LASERDISC!!! That screwed me up because the LASERDISC version of the pilot was self-standing...the plot was wrapped up in that one 2 hr episode!!!! But, the way they wrapped it up was totally different that how they (kind of) wrapped up the 2 season series. Weird.

I used to host Twin Peaks marathon weekends at my apt. about 6 or 8 of my other TP geek friends would get all wired on coffee & cherry pie and watch the entire series in one long fell swoop, from Friday night until we finished the last episode of season 2. Usually about 4 or 5am on Sunday. Talk about some zombie'd burn outs who would finally exit my apartment! LOL!! We were NUTS!!! (but we weren't "wrapped in plastic"!!!! )
There is already a blu-ray, it's this link I already posted: http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Ent.../dp/B00KCTG4PO
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just sold off my entire collection of the fanzine Wrapped In Plastic =( One wonders if I had kept them if they would have sold for more. Would also be great if that mag came back. I never saw Peyton Place but that magazine totally poured over the comparisons.
Lynch hasn't been up to his absurd best as of late, so I'm SUPER hopeful that the return of TP is a success.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, I don't often admit this, but when I read about Twin Peaks returning, I got kind of giddy & light-headed. Yep, ol' chiliD kinda swooned!

I LOVED TWIN PEAKS!!! No, I really did...I was a TP FREAK!!! I scoured every scene of every episode for clues.

I have the ENTIRE series (commercial free...via a VCR's "pause" button) on VHS!!! I hope that they'll re-release the original series on Blue-Ray now. I had the original pilot episode on LASERDISC!!! That screwed me up because the LASERDISC version of the pilot was self-standing...the plot was wrapped up in that one 2 hr episode!!!! But, the way they wrapped it up was totally different that how they (kind of) wrapped up the 2 season series. Weird.

I used to host Twin Peaks marathon weekends at my apt. about 6 or 8 of my other TP geek friends would get all wired on coffee & cherry pie and watch the entire series in one long fell swoop, from Friday night until we finished the last episode of season 2. Usually about 4 or 5am on Sunday. Talk about some zombie'd burn outs who would finally exit my apartment! LOL!! We were NUTS!!! (but we weren't "wrapped in plastic"!!!! )
Yea.Thanks for the story.hahahaha. I was glued to the TV when it first aired and also VHS record it at the time.It rerun on cable in the later years and i VHS record that round.Now god knows where those VHS tapes are and if they will play again.
A couple years ago I found the complete show online and I got it here on my external drive.

I hope the show will be interesting like the original show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I just sold off my entire collection of the fanzine Wrapped In Plastic =( One wonders if I had kept them if they would have sold for more. Would also be great if that mag came back. I never saw Peyton Place but that magazine totally poured over the comparisons.
Lynch hasn't been up to his absurd best as of late, so I'm SUPER hopeful that the return of TP is a success.
I miss out on the fanzines.You probably make a killing when the new show airs.
I never seen much of Payton Place myself.I probably was busy watching the Brady Bunch,Andy Griffith show ,The Flintstones,Beverly Hillbillies Green Acres and Gilligan's Island at the time .

The new remakes usually go to pot.I see the new Hawaii Five O is doing great on TV.
I hope the new Twin Peaks becomes a hit.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-11-2014, 03:00 PM

The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, Novel by Mark Frost Due Fall 2015
mark-frost
They’re filled with secrets!

In another surprise move by one half of the show’s creators, Mark Frost announced today that he has been working on a Twin Peaks novel called The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks that reveals “what happened to the people of that iconic fictional town since we last saw them 25 years ago.” The book also offers “a deeper glimpse into the central mystery that was only touched on by the original series.”

“This has long been a dream project of mine that will bring a whole other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life, for old fans and new. I couldn’t be more thrilled.”
—Mark Frost

The book, published by Flatiron Books, will go on sale late 2015 before the new Twin Peaks episodes on Showtime in 2016. The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks has also been picked up worldwide: in the United Kingdom (Pan Macmillan), Finland (Otava), Italy (Mondadori), Brazil (Companhia das Letras) and Germany (Kiepenheuer & Witsch). UPDATE: More foreign editions are expected.

Keep an eye on Welcome to Twin Peaks for more details about The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost, fall 2015.

This will be the fourth official tie-in book after The Secret Diary Of Laura Palmer (1990) by Jennifer Lynch (Amazon), The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes (1991) by Scott Frost (Amazon) and Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town (1991) by David Lynch, Mark Frost and Richard Saul Wurman (Amazon). Also check out Mark Frost’s previous books over at Amazon.

From the press release:

The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...#ixzz3InACxNmn
Old 11-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking My peeps!!

Heh. HUGE TP fan here and I think I may still have some Wrapped in Plastic issues somewhere. Got two packs of those TP cards as well, one opened, and one......... still wrapped in plastic.

My friend in high school got me hooked on the show back in 1993-1994. She had the series on VHS and we would walk across the street from the school to her house and watch half an episode during lunchtime.

She and I went to meet Mark Frost at some bookstore. He was promoting his book, The Six Messiahs. We tried not to be THOSE Twin Peaks fans, but we still were. LOL When he did a Q&A, I asked him if he'd still been in contact with David Lynch. He was very nice and said yes, he and David did talk occasionally. Neat experience.

When I went to Seattle to see Lindsey back in November 2006, I took a tour that went to Snoqualmie Falls and the North Bend area just to see some TP sites! It rained the entire day and winds were upwards of 90mph that day, but I was so excited to see the area. I really wanna go back sometime and see more of it in better weather.

Agent Cooper in his tux lookin' like Cary Grant....sigh....

Looking forward to the future TP TV show.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was unboxing some stuff I got when I emptied my storage unit. Found my copy of Laura Palmer's Diary!!!! Sat there & read almost the entire thing again!!
Old 11-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was unboxing some stuff I got when I emptied my storage unit. Found my copy of Laura Palmer's Diary!!!! Sat there & read almost the entire thing again!!
Wow I forgot about that diary.I got a copy somewhere here .I got to dig it out and read it myself.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just found this online from the Dailymail which is about Sheryl Lee.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ork-broke.html

The Twin Peaks star left broke after rare blood disorder crippled her career: Sheryl Lee reveals how she was forced to sell her home and even TV memorabilia

By Bella Brennan for MailOnline

Published: 12:18 EST, 11 November 2014 | Updated: 03:55 EST, 12 November 2014

She rose to fame playing Laura Palmer and Maddy Reguson in the Nineties cult series Twin Peaks.

But actress Sheryl Lee, 47, has revealed to the Evening Standard newspaper that her life has been put on hold after she was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called neutropenia - an abnormally low level of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell - in 2007.

Speaking to the publication the star said: 'I've had to sell everything for financial reasons. From the age of 40, I went through illness for four and a half years.'

'I tried to keep working through it as much as I could, but I was physically not able to do it as much and if you look sick it's hard to get a job.'

Scroll down for video
+5

Struggling: Twin Peaks actress Sheryl Lee has revealed to that her life has been put on hold after she was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called neutropenia in 2007 leaving her broke and unable to find work
Icon: Sheryl played Laura Palmer and Maddy Reguson in the Nineties cult series Twin Peaks
+5

Icon: Sheryl played Laura Palmer and Maddy Reguson in the Nineties cult series Twin Peaks

Sheryl, who was once married to Neil Diamond's son Jesse Diamond, said she starred in a few independent films however acknowledged they don't pay nearly enough.

Sadly the disease was so crippling the blonde beauty was forced to sell her house, and even more tragically her Twin Peaks souvenirs, in a bid to make some money.

Sheryl is a VIP guest in London this week for the Twin Peaks UK Festival, which will be held in east London's Whitechapel.
Radiant in red: The actress was pictured in happier times in 1999
+5

Radiant in red: The actress was pictured in happier times in 1999

Meanwhile, Twin Peaks creator David Lynch recently announce he will be creating a third season of the show, tipped for a 2016 release.

'Dear Twitter friends... it is happening again,' David tweeted to his 1.8m followers, posting a link to an official announcement that confirmed a nine-episode run will be shown in early 2016 on the Showtime cable network.

'The groundbreaking television phenomenon, Golden Globe and Peabody Award-winner Twin Peaks will return as a new limited series on Showtime in 2016,' the statement revealed.

It has been 25 years since the series was abruptly cancelled in 1991 on the ABC network.

However, a return to the show had been hoped by many after murdered beauty queen Laura Palmer whispered to FBI Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) that she would see him again in 25 years.

The primetime drama was set in 1989, so it looks like Laura might make good on that promise.
Twin Peaks is set to return with a new series in 2016
Cult classic: Sheryl also starred in the prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, along with Grace Zabriskie, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise
+5

Cult classic: Sheryl also starred in the prequel Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, along with Grace Zabriskie, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise

The statement added that series creators and executive producers David Lynch and Mark Frost 'will write and produce all nine episodes of the limited series, and Lynch will direct every episode.'

The series became of the most top-rated shows of 1990, and was listed as one Time Magazine's 'Best TV Shows of All-TIME' in 2007.

The pilot was the highest-rated two-hour television event for the 1989–90 season with a 22 rating, and was viewed by 33 per cent of the audience. Once it began airing on a regular basis, the show scored ABC's highest ratings in four years.

However, midway through the second season, a major plot point (ie the murderer of Laura Palmer) was revealed and the series began to fizzle in the ratings.
Cult show 'Twin Peaks' centered around Laura Palmer's murder

A week after the second season's 15th episode fell to a devastating 85th place in the TV rankings, the network placed the show on indefinite hiatus.

Lynch later stated that he regretted caving in to network pressure to wrap up the Laura Palmer storyline, calling it a 'tough act to follow'.

The conclusion of the series had fans in a tizzy, as the unintentional finale left the series and its characters up in the air.

After it left TV sets, the series spawned the 1992 movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which only focused on the last seven days of Laura's life and offered few answers to the disturbing series finale.
Blonde beauty: The stunning actress has had a tough time after being diagnosed with neutropenia, an abnormally low level of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell
+5

Blonde beauty: The stunning actress has had a tough time after being diagnosed with neutropenia, an abnormally low level of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell

After Twin Peaks my life went downhill … I had to sell everything says Sheryl Lee - Celebrity News - Showbiz - London Evening Standard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow its been 25 years when TP premiered .Stevie's OSOTM was out and toured .A year later FM releases Behind the Mask and a tour to follow.

I hope they have a awesome music soundtrack on the upcoming show like they had on the original show.The show was ahead of its time with its sound without todays computerize sound mixing and effects.TP was one of the great shows with stereo surround sound back in its early years.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That article on Sheryl Lee got an update, one directly from her stating that things are not as bad as they seem (ed) and that she was doing much better. IMHO-the author seemed deeply concerned and saddened by her issues, and I thought it to be heartfelt. Anyway, she is doing well, and supposedly has already been asked by Lynch to return!!!

I forgot I have the whole trade card set. Along the way I lost the box. There were singles issued packs and then a full set in a box. Damnit

I am INSANELY jealous of you wondergirl that you got to meet Mark Frost & get a book signed. I am tooootally nutty for the List of 7. I am also reading the second installment of a young adult series he's written in the past couple years. I love his stories, and was dismayed that he went from LO7/T6M to stories on espionage & golf (BRING) lol. I believe in an author writing what he loves the most, but damn....until this YA series, I was so bored with his releases. Get the spooky & strange back dude! lol

I kept a few WIP issues. Some were dupes, and one I had signed by Chris Isaak...it was the CI special issue. Someone related to Stevie AND TP?! Be still my beating heart. lol

Just before moving to Oregon, I made a pilgrimage to Canada that took me thru Washington. Ofcourse I made a detour to the diner & lodge where the opening sequence was filmed. They still have TP festivals there every year, but they are EXPENSIVE! I hope they revive a bit w/ the new shows-and come down in cost a little. I'd like to attend one. Maybe a bunch of us Ledgies could make a Stevie/TP road trip. lol

Old 11-14-2014, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh also Macfan...there has been word for some time that Death Waltz records will be doing a TP soundtrack re-issue. IDK if you are familiar w/ that label, but they make AMAZEBALL issues, and they will be quick to sell out and costly as hell, but surely glorious. Some new music by Lynch, Badalamenti (sp?) and Cruise wouldn't hurt either

Old 11-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That article on Sheryl Lee got an update, one directly from her stating that things are not as bad as they seem (ed) and that she was doing much better. IMHO-the author seemed deeply concerned and saddened by her issues, and I thought it to be heartfelt. Anyway, she is doing well, and supposedly has already been asked by Lynch to return!!!

I forgot I have the whole trade card set. Along the way I lost the box. There were singles issued packs and then a full set in a box. Damnit

I am INSANELY jealous of you wondergirl that you got to meet Mark Frost & get a book signed. I am tooootally nutty for the List of 7. I am also reading the second installment of a young adult series he's written in the past couple years. I love his stories, and was dismayed that he went from LO7/T6M to stories on espionage & golf (BRING) lol. I believe in an author writing what he loves the most, but damn....until this YA series, I was so bored with his releases. Get the spooky & strange back dude! lol

I kept a few WIP issues. Some were dupes, and one I had signed by Chris Isaak...it was the CI special issue. Someone related to Stevie AND TP?! Be still my beating heart. lol

Just before moving to Oregon, I made a pilgrimage to Canada that took me thru Washington. Ofcourse I made a detour to the diner & lodge where the opening sequence was filmed. They still have TP festivals there every year, but they are EXPENSIVE! I hope they revive a bit w/ the new shows-and come down in cost a little. I'd like to attend one. Maybe a bunch of us Ledgies could make a Stevie/TP road trip. lol
Quote:
Oh also Macfan...there has been word for some time that Death Waltz records will be doing a TP soundtrack re-issue. IDK if you are familiar w/ that label, but they make AMAZEBALL issues, and they will be quick to sell out and costly as hell, but surely glorious. Some new music by Lynch, Badalamenti (sp?) and Cruise wouldn't hurt either

Thanks Anita for the info.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:31 AM

David Lynch: every picture tells a (small) story
18/11/14, 14.59 | NIELS RUËLL

There was widespread rejoicing at the news that David Lynch will soon start making a new series of the groundbreaking, wonderfully mysterious TV series Twin Peaks. But first, he is exhibiting some 40 photographs in Brussels, in the basement of the Galeries cinema, under the heading Small Stories. When he spoke to AGENDA, he didn’t announce that “The owls are not what they seem”, but told us that “the ideas dictate everything.” Which is true, too, of course.

Welcome to Twin Peaks. My name is Margaret Lanterman. I live in Twin Peaks. I am known as the Log Lady. There is a story behind that. There are many stories in Twin Peaks – some of them are sad, some funny. Some of them are stories of madness, of violence. Some are ordinary. Yet they all have about them a sense of mystery – the mystery of life. Sometimes, the mystery of death.” Those words introduced Twin Peaks, widely regarded as heralding a golden age of TV series. On my way to meet David Lynch, I thought of that intriguing intro. Firstly, because of the bombshell news that he is planning new episodes. And secondly, because that mix of strange stories also seems to characterise his photographic exhibition at the Galeries art-house cinema. It didn’t get a title like “Small Stories” by chance: each picture tells a small story from Lynch’s extraordinary world.

While those tales are dark, the Lynch I meet is sunny. That may have something to do with transcendental meditation and with the “damn fine cup of coffee” he is drinking, but what I see above all is a man, in clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, looking forward to a full day of artistic activity. We meet in Idem, an old art printing house in Paris that Lynch can’t tear himself away from since discovering its venerable presses, on which he makes lithographs. What’s more, Patrice Forest, the man behind the printing works, has arranged a meeting with Paul McCarthy, a well-known US artist who removed his work Tree from the Place Vendôme after it was vandalised by one of the many opponents who saw in its inflatable Christmas tree a butt plug. “It’s the first time I’ve met Paul,” observes Lynch with a smile, as McCarthy gets to work etching alongside us. “Thirty-seven years ago, he called me on the phone; we were going to have lunch, but it never happened.”

What do you like so much about this place?
David Lynch: I come here every day when I’m in Paris. I like the mood of it, the machines, the people, the history, and the smell of the ink. I’ve been coming here since 2007 and I’ve made over 200 lithographs – and on top of that, some woodcuts. I made some lithos in the 1960s, but I only really developed a taste for it when I discovered this place. A lot of people worked here. That’s part of the beautiful history. Those stones you see over there were probably used by Picasso, Matisse, and Miró. A romantic thought – and pretty interesting, no?

The Brussels exhibition is called “Small Stories”. Stories, I understand: the pictures are highly narrative. But why “small”?
Lynch: Because they’re not big. [Laughs]

What’s the difference between a small story and a big one?
Lynch: Told in a book, a small story would have very few sentences. A big story would be a thick book.

The photographs show a soft spot for decay.
Lynch: I like a lot of different things. One of them is decay. My initials are DKL, David Keith Lynch. My father started calling me “DK” when I was little. When my parents realised what they were saying, they stopped. [Laughs heartily] Perhaps that made me fall in love with decay. I don’t remember when it started, but I like organic phenomena. When you look closely at a sore or a cut that gets infected, you notice that it’s incredible. When the word “sore” comes up, many people tune out, but if they could see it pure, they would see it’s quite beautiful. It’s all part of the process. There is the going up and the going down. Both sides are beautiful.

Why black-and-white?
Lynch: I’ve made colour photos. Even some factory photographs were in colour. But the kind of factories I like should be in black and white. It’s kind of the world you’re in…I guess. Black and white is kinda magical. It takes you one step away from reality. It’s the greatest medium to go back in time and it’s graphic. It’s purer. But I don’t mind colour for certain things. It just depends. There are black-and-white ideas and there are colour ideas. Blue Velvet had to be a colour film. Eraserhead is a black-and-white film. The Elephant Man is a black-and-white film. It all depends on the ideas, the mood, the feel.

Why is there so much darkness in your work?
Lynch: Many ideas that come are conjured up by the world we live in. Right now the world is pretty dark. There’s also an absurd kind of a humour that I like. It’s not just dark things: a lot of light things come along too. A story can hold all those things at once. Besides, you don’t have to suffer to show suffering. You can show terrible stories and be happy in the doing of it. The ideas come and that’s what you fall in love with. You love the story and what cinema can bring to the story and you work with that. Some stories have life-and-death situations and torment; others don’t.

I’m from Brussels, so I have to ask whether you like René Magritte?
Lynch: I love Magritte. He’s one of my all-time favourites. I like a lot of his paintings. I just saw the Magritte show at the Museum of Modern Art in New York and I was overwhelmed by The Menaced Assassin. You know the painting with two people hiding outside the door, inside the door there’s a woman on a doctor’s thing and there’s a phonograph? It’s a mysterious, beautiful thing.

We know you as the director of Blue Velvet and Lost Highway, but you also take photographs, paint, etch, and make music. Which of the arts first attracted you as a child?
Lynch: When I was little, I liked to draw. My mother refused to give me colouring books. That is so beautiful. She convinced my father to bring home scrap paper from his office. I had stacks of white paper with writing on the back and I drew knives, pistols, and airplanes. My favourite was a Browning automatic water-cooled submachine gun.

That’s a lot of violence for a kid.
Lynch: Yeah. It was right after the war. Weapons were still in the air. I don’t know how.

What about photography and film?
Lynch: I never took photos until 1979, when I bought my first camera. I loved my Canon. And I never really learned filming. I only started because I wanted paintings to move. I knew the principle of stop-motion. I knew I needed a camera with single-frame capacity. I got the cheapest one that I could find: a Bell & Howell camera. I never really took on motion pictures until I got my Bolex camera.

The medium is just a medium?
Lynch: All these media are thrilling to me and to many people. Ideas take you different places. In places like this [the printing works – NR], the ideas take you to lithographs and woodcuts. The ideas dictate everything. If you have cinema ideas, you write them down and over time you work on a script. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Well, it sort of happens now.

How come you haven’t had any more cinema ideas since Inland Empire in 2006?
Lynch: It’s a different kind of world now for cinema. Alternative cinema is more difficult now. It is harder to get the funding arranged and to drum up enthusiasm and there is nowhere to show alternative films. Except at film festivals. The art houses are gone. To me, a feature film is built for the big, big screen with great sound. It’s very depressing if you can’t do that.

Have there been film projects you haven’t been able to carry through?
Lynch: If I really wanted to, maybe I could have persisted. Anyway, we’re gonna make Twin Peaks now.

That’s for the small screen.
Lynch: No that’s for the biggest screen you can get in your house. I’ve made television before. You build it for that. At the time, it was network television: the sound wasn’t good. Now it’s not so bad any more.

Is the difference not mainly that you now actually get a lot of freedom and TV-makers don’t have to restrain themselves any more?
Lynch: I know. But we had freedom on Twin Peaks. Way more than you imagine. I don’t know how it happened, but there were hardly any restrictions. So it’s not like we’re saying now: “Oh boy, we’re gonna really do some raunchy things.” We’re gonna do the same things, but in better quality. And film remains the best quality.

The prospect of new episodes was welcomed worldwide. Does that enthusiasm touch you?
Lynch: It’s beautiful. I like the world too. Somehow back then ideas came and a world was made. It’s great that people like that world and want to go back into it.

What triggered the new ideas?
Lynch: Lunch. With Mark Frost. In Los Angeles. Musso & Frank.

The actors from 25 years ago must be dying to get involved again. Is that so?
Lynch: I’m not talking about Twin Peaks now. Not until 2016.

Your work is often described as “dreamlike”. But in your book I read that dreams rarely trigger your work.
Lynch: Hardly ever. But I love dream logic. There’s something about a dream that tells you a bunch of things in strange ways. Cinema can do those things too: abstractions that conjure up something that’s hard to say in words. That’s a magical thing about cinema. Sound and pictures (and the way they’re put together) can do some fantastic things. But first you need cinema ideas.

Have you become better at catching ideas over the years?
Lynch: It’s like fishing. You need patience. A desire is like the bait on a hook. If you desire ideas, you become a magnet. Ideas start swimming in. Then you start catching them. You may not fall in love with the ones you’re catching, but once in a while you get a fish you fall in love with. It may just be a fragment of something that will be big. This fragment holds a promise. That one fragment you love is more bait on the hook. More ideas come swimming in. Just like in the ocean you have schools of different kinds of fish. Somehow the fish come swimming in that are tied to the captured fish you love. The more you have, the faster they come. I see an idea like it was on a television screen in my brain. Something happens and there it is. It’s not like the whole thing is there. But you see enough of it, hear enough of it, feel enough of it to have a fragment that you fall in love with. But you can’t force them to come. They are like gifts on Christmas morning.

Are you afraid of the day the ideas will run out?
Lynch: I’m never gonna run out of ideas.

http://www.agendamagazine.be/en/blog...ls-small-story
Old 11-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I forgot I have the whole trade card set.
Just found my set of those, too, this past weekend! Getting rid of a storage unit is almost like opening a time capsule vault!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:11 AM

Here's How Showtime Got David Lynch to Revive Twin Peaks Reversing the usual pitch, the network's president did the begging
By Jason Lynch
January 13, 2015, 3:19 PM ESTTelevision

Kyle MacLachlan is back for more coffee.
Showtime had the good fortune to make its Television Critics Association winter press tour appearance less than 24 hours after its freshman series The Affair won two Golden Globes Awards, including the prize for best drama series.
But the network's biggest TCA headlines involved a show that won't even premiere until 2016: Twin Peaks, which creators David Lynch and Mark Frost are reviving as a nine-episode limited series 25 years after the original went off the air.
"We almost broke the Internet last fall" when the deal was announced, said Showtime Networks president David Nevins, who then proceeded to try and do it again by bringing out Kyle MacLachlan—dressed as FBI Agent Dale Cooper—and saying he will reprise his role in the revival.
"I think you need a damn good cup of coffee!" MacLachlan told Nevins, referencing one of Cooper's signature lines. He then bid reporters farewell by saying, "May the forest be with you!" (While MacLachlan was the first cast member revealed, Nevins said that many other actors from the original run will also return.)
Nevins said that when he first met with Lynch and Frost about the project, in a twist on the usual pitching process, "I was kind of begging them and hoping to pass muster with David Lynch."
What sealed the deal: Lynch sparked to the "violent, weird" artwork in Nevins' office (not a big surprise, if you've ever seen any Lynch films, or Peaks itself), including one piece featuring "a bookshelf falling on a young girl; it's unclear which direction it's going. I think he liked it, and we were off in business." Nevins' only demand of Lynch: that he agree to direct all nine episodes, which he did.
The timing for the show's revival seems perfect, given the "I'll see you again in 25 years" reference in Twin Peaks' series finale. Lynch "pays attention to that kind of numerology in a big way," Nevins said.
Now that the deal is clinched, Nevins says his job boils down to "more or less, writing checks and leaving them alone. It's David's show, it's Mark's show, I will be the grateful recipient of it," he said. "I will say that they have been very specific in promising closure, and that's exciting. … From what I've seen, this is going to live up to expectations and then some."
Production will begin later this year, and while locations haven't been finalized, "I hope to go back to Washington," where the series was shot, said Nevins.
While Twin Peaks' limited series model has gained traction in the past year, with shows like True Detective and Fargo, Nevins said that aside from Peaks, he is resisting that trend. He feels it goes against Showtime's business model.
"The core of our business, and what I believe that vast majority of audiences want ... [is] to make a long-term relationship with characters that they can grow and change with," he said. "We're a subscription service, so our business is constructed on: fall in love and keep paying."

http://www.adweek.com/news/televisio...n-peaks-162337