Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Twin Peaks 2016

No.Not Dolly Parton this time .LOL...............

Wow .One of my favorite TV shows is coming back to TV in 2016.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...006-story.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

I love David's movies and TV shows.

Also his music soundtracks.

I wonder if they can hire Stevie for a part.

With all of the new technology with computers and with DNA and other stuff .They probably can pin point who murdered Laura Palmer.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-07-2014, 03:04 AM

Default Oh my god!

I've always loved Twin Peaks!
I didn't like very much the second season, in my opinion it was obvious that david Lynch didn't want to reveal the identity of Bob so soon, but the network obliged him to do so or he would have had to cancel the show since the tv ratings became low because it was competing with a big event (super bowl?) and was changed airing time to late evening.
I wonder how David Lynch will get back after 25 years...
Old 10-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since the show will be on Showtime which means it wont have the viewers like it had with ABC years ago .

I more likely have to watch it online like I watched the new TNT 's Dallas and HBO's Boardwalk Empire.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:19 PM

I'll have to wait the italian dubbing to watch it then, it is unlikely I'll find a version with english or italian subtitles so easily.
I've also read that is sure that Kyle Mc Lachlan will return!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I'll have to wait the italian dubbing to watch it then, it is unlikely I'll find a version with english or italian subtitles so easily.
I've also read that is sure that Kyle Mc Lachlan will return!
If its a hit .It probably be on DVD with your subtitles.

Yes I've read that too that Kyle Mc Lachlan will be back.
I wonder if the other actors will come back in the show.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:13 AM

I hope the italian official DVD won't take biblical time.I'm still waiting for the italian release of this: http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Ent.../dp/B00KCTG4PO.
Did you buy it? I know there is a lot of unreleased material but it's very expensive so I don't know if it's worth it
I hope Sherilynn Fenn will return, I truly loved her character, especially in the first season! I bet Sheryl lee will return as well, she hasn't had an important role in a while.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-08-2014 at 05:15 AM..
Old 10-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
No.Not Dolly Parton this time .LOL...............

Wow .One of my favorite TV shows is coming back to TV in 2016.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...006-story.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

I love David's movies and TV shows.

Also his music soundtracks.

I wonder if they can hire Stevie for a part.

With all of the new technology with computers and with DNA and other stuff .They probably can pin point who murdered Laura Palmer.

Ok, I don't often admit this, but when I read about Twin Peaks returning, I got kind of giddy & light-headed. Yep, ol' chiliD kinda swooned!

I LOVED TWIN PEAKS!!! No, I really did...I was a TP FREAK!!! I scoured every scene of every episode for clues.

I have the ENTIRE series (commercial free...via a VCR's "pause" button) on VHS!!! I hope that they'll re-release the original series on Blue-Ray now. I had the original pilot episode on LASERDISC!!! That screwed me up because the LASERDISC version of the pilot was self-standing...the plot was wrapped up in that one 2 hr episode!!!! But, the way they wrapped it up was totally different that how they (kind of) wrapped up the 2 season series. Weird.

I used to host Twin Peaks marathon weekends at my apt. about 6 or 8 of my other TP geek friends would get all wired on coffee & cherry pie and watch the entire series in one long fell swoop, from Friday night until we finished the last episode of season 2. Usually about 4 or 5am on Sunday. Talk about some zombie'd burn outs who would finally exit my apartment! LOL!! We were NUTS!!! (but we weren't "wrapped in plastic"!!!! )
Old 10-13-2014, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ok, I don't often admit this, but when I read about Twin Peaks returning, I got kind of giddy & light-headed. Yep, ol' chiliD kinda swooned!

I LOVED TWIN PEAKS!!! No, I really did...I was a TP FREAK!!! I scoured every scene of every episode for clues.

I have the ENTIRE series (commercial free...via a VCR's "pause" button) on VHS!!! I hope that they'll re-release the original series on Blue-Ray now. I had the original pilot episode on LASERDISC!!! That screwed me up because the LASERDISC version of the pilot was self-standing...the plot was wrapped up in that one 2 hr episode!!!! But, the way they wrapped it up was totally different that how they (kind of) wrapped up the 2 season series. Weird.

I used to host Twin Peaks marathon weekends at my apt. about 6 or 8 of my other TP geek friends would get all wired on coffee & cherry pie and watch the entire series in one long fell swoop, from Friday night until we finished the last episode of season 2. Usually about 4 or 5am on Sunday. Talk about some zombie'd burn outs who would finally exit my apartment! LOL!! We were NUTS!!! (but we weren't "wrapped in plastic"!!!! )
There is already a blu-ray, it's this link I already posted: http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Ent.../dp/B00KCTG4PO
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just sold off my entire collection of the fanzine Wrapped In Plastic =( One wonders if I had kept them if they would have sold for more. Would also be great if that mag came back. I never saw Peyton Place but that magazine totally poured over the comparisons.
Lynch hasn't been up to his absurd best as of late, so I'm SUPER hopeful that the return of TP is a success.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

Yea.Thanks for the story.hahahaha. I was glued to the TV when it first aired and also VHS record it at the time.It rerun on cable in the later years and i VHS record that round.Now god knows where those VHS tapes are and if they will play again.
A couple years ago I found the complete show online and I got it here on my external drive.

I hope the show will be interesting like the original show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I just sold off my entire collection of the fanzine Wrapped In Plastic =( One wonders if I had kept them if they would have sold for more. Would also be great if that mag came back. I never saw Peyton Place but that magazine totally poured over the comparisons.
Lynch hasn't been up to his absurd best as of late, so I'm SUPER hopeful that the return of TP is a success.
I miss out on the fanzines.You probably make a killing when the new show airs.
I never seen much of Payton Place myself.I probably was busy watching the Brady Bunch,Andy Griffith show ,The Flintstones,Beverly Hillbillies Green Acres and Gilligan's Island at the time .

The new remakes usually go to pot.I see the new Hawaii Five O is doing great on TV.
I hope the new Twin Peaks becomes a hit.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:00 PM

The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, Novel by Mark Frost Due Fall 2015
mark-frost
They’re filled with secrets!

In another surprise move by one half of the show’s creators, Mark Frost announced today that he has been working on a Twin Peaks novel called The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks that reveals “what happened to the people of that iconic fictional town since we last saw them 25 years ago.” The book also offers “a deeper glimpse into the central mystery that was only touched on by the original series.”

“This has long been a dream project of mine that will bring a whole other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life, for old fans and new. I couldn’t be more thrilled.”
—Mark Frost

The book, published by Flatiron Books, will go on sale late 2015 before the new Twin Peaks episodes on Showtime in 2016. The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks has also been picked up worldwide: in the United Kingdom (Pan Macmillan), Finland (Otava), Italy (Mondadori), Brazil (Companhia das Letras) and Germany (Kiepenheuer & Witsch). UPDATE: More foreign editions are expected.

Keep an eye on Welcome to Twin Peaks for more details about The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost, fall 2015.

This will be the fourth official tie-in book after The Secret Diary Of Laura Palmer (1990) by Jennifer Lynch (Amazon), The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes (1991) by Scott Frost (Amazon) and Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town (1991) by David Lynch, Mark Frost and Richard Saul Wurman (Amazon). Also check out Mark Frost’s previous books over at Amazon.

From the press release:

The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...#ixzz3InACxNmn
Old 11-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking My peeps!!

Heh. HUGE TP fan here and I think I may still have some Wrapped in Plastic issues somewhere. Got two packs of those TP cards as well, one opened, and one......... still wrapped in plastic.

My friend in high school got me hooked on the show back in 1993-1994. She had the series on VHS and we would walk across the street from the school to her house and watch half an episode during lunchtime.

She and I went to meet Mark Frost at some bookstore. He was promoting his book, The Six Messiahs. We tried not to be THOSE Twin Peaks fans, but we still were. LOL When he did a Q&A, I asked him if he'd still been in contact with David Lynch. He was very nice and said yes, he and David did talk occasionally. Neat experience.

When I went to Seattle to see Lindsey back in November 2006, I took a tour that went to Snoqualmie Falls and the North Bend area just to see some TP sites! It rained the entire day and winds were upwards of 90mph that day, but I was so excited to see the area. I really wanna go back sometime and see more of it in better weather.

Agent Cooper in his tux lookin' like Cary Grant....sigh....

Looking forward to the future TP TV show.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was unboxing some stuff I got when I emptied my storage unit. Found my copy of Laura Palmer's Diary!!!! Sat there & read almost the entire thing again!!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:19 AM

David Lynch Tweets Picture of Kyle MacLachlan With Coffee, Internet Goes Crazy
By SARENE LEEDS

When David Lynch announced he would be rebooting his classic 1990s TV thriller “Twin Peaks” for a limited-series run in 2016, Kyle MacLachlan didn’t hesitate his enthusiasm in slipping back into the role of Special Agent Dale Cooper, posting this tweet:

But we didn’t get our official answer on the matter until last night, when series co-creator Lynch tweeted this confirmation – along with a telling photo of MacLachlan holding his character’s signature cup of coffee – that Dale Cooper, black suit and all, would be returning to “Twin Peaks.”

Welcome back to #TwinPeaks Special Agent Dale Cooper! @Kyle_MacLachlan returns in '16 on @SHO_Network #damnfinecoffee

The official Twitter handle for Showtime – which has picked up the nine-episode series – also tweeted out this pic from the TCAs of network president David Nevins and MacLachlan enjoying a “damn fine cup of coffee“:

#Showtime Networks' president David Nevins & @Kyle_MacLachlan enjoying some #damnfinecoffee #TwinPeaks #TCA15

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/...et-goes-crazy/
Old 01-21-2015, 11:22 AM

Laura Palmer is Returning to Twin Peaks
Her boyfriend Bobby will be there, too.

BY MELISSA LOCKER JANUARY 18, 2015 2:10 PM

25 years ago, Laura Palmer promised she would return to Twin Peaks. Now, it’s officially happening.

Actress Sheryl Lee, who played the prom queen in the original series is on-board for the nine new Twin Peaks episodes coming to Showtime next year. She’s not coming to the dance alone, either, but is bringing her leather jacket-wearing boyfriend, Bobby (Dana Ashbrook) with her. They made their announcement at the Twin Peaks UK Festival, according to fan site Welcome to Twin Peaks.

It remains to be seen how the two characters will be incorporated into the cult hit, particularly because the new season is set in present day—25 years after the haunting finale in season two. As anyone who had an “I Killed Laura Palmer” t-shirt in the ’90s can calculate: That means Palmer will have been dead for a long time.

Though the show’s third season won’t premiere until 2016, there’s plenty to keep fans of the cult show happy—David Lynch is directing all the episodes and Kyle MacLachlan is returning for another damn fine cup of coffee. There is also an exciting rumor going around that Sherilyn Fenn—last seen playing an FBI wife on Showtime’s Ray Donovan—will reprise her role as bad-girl-in-bobby-socks, Audrey Horne. Showtime has said that many of the original cast will be returning for the third season.

As for how Showtime landed the television coup, a new interview in AdWeek sheds some light on the mystery. Turns out that contrary to long-established Hollywood reboot rituals, Showtime president David Nevins was the one chasing down Lynch and co-creator Mark Frost. “I was kind of begging them and hoping to pass muster with David Lynch,” he said. Once he got them on board with the idea, he stepped back, saying his contribution now is "more or less, writing checks and leaving them alone. It's David’s show, it's Mark [Frost]’s show, I will be the grateful recipient of it.”

Nevins added one more teaser for fans: “I will say that they have been very specific in promising closure, and that’s exciting. … From what I’ve seen, this is going to live up to expectations and then some.”

All-new episodes of Twin Peaks will premiere on Showtime in 2016.

Correction: An earlier version of this article misidentified which vehicle was the preferred mode of transport of Bobby, one of Laura Palmer’s several boyfriends. Bobby does not usually ride a motorcycle, unlike Palmer’s other boyfriend, James.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...mer-twin-peaks