Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Ledgie

Default 1980 UK tour

I fondly remember the first time I saw Fleetwood Mac at Stafford Bingley Hall in the Midlands, UK in June 1980. I'm trying to rack my brains as to the setlist. Was anyone else there and can you remember the setlist? It was nearly 35 years ago, but I do remember Say you love me being the opening song. As for the rest (If memory serves me correctly!) does this list look accurate?
(In no particular order!)

Say you love me
Rhiannon
Landslide
World turning
I'm so afraid

The chain
Go your own way
Don't stop
Songbird
Dreams
You make loving fun
Never going back again

Tusk
Sara
Sisters of the moon
Angel
Over and over
Not that funny
Think about me
That's enough for me

I've edited this, so it makes 20 songs. I remember being surprised not to hear Secondhand news. I'm so glad that it's in the new setlist. Can't wait to see them again after 35 years! Rich.

Last edited by richardmac; 11-24-2014 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: wrong info
Old 11-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Ledgie

I've just found this info on the setlist.fm site. It lists many Mac setlists over the years. According to the site this was the set at Stafford Bingley Hall in June 1980 the night I saw them. I'm sure there's a couple of errors though. They didn't play What makes you think you're the one, but they did play That's enough for me. They didn't play Oh well the night I saw them either.

1.Say You Love Me
2.The Chain
3.Don't Stop
4.Dreams
5.Oh Well
6.Rhiannon
7.Oh Daddy
8.What Makes You Think You're the One
9.Sara
10.Not That Funny
11.Save Me a Place
12.Landslide
13.Tusk
14.Angel
15.You Make Loving Fun
16.I'm So Afraid
17.World Turning
18.Go your own way
19.Sisters of the moon
20.Songbird

Does anyone think this list is accurate. Were there any surprises the night you saw Mac in concert? My biggest surprise was not to hear Secondhand news. It's back in the current setlist though! Rich.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm pretty sure they dropped Save Me A Place after the 1979 leg of the tour and replaced it with Never Going Back Again.

Did they play Think About Me? I know it was played in August/September 1980 but not sure if it was played before that in Europe. That's Enough For Me was unique to the Europe leg of the tour, I think.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
I'm pretty sure they dropped Save Me A Place after the 1979 leg of the tour and replaced it with Never Going Back Again.

Did they play Think About Me? I know it was played in August/September 1980 but not sure if it was played before that in Europe. That's Enough For Me was unique to the Europe leg of the tour, I think.
I'm certain you're right about Save me a place. I don't remember them playing it at Stafford in June 1980. And I do remember Never going back again. I'm sure they did do Think about me, as I seem to remember Chris introducing it as their new single. They played Oh well on this tour, but I know they didn't the night I saw them. I hadn't heard the song before (I was only 15) and didn't hear this song until the Live LP at the end of '80. I've looked at all setlists from this tour and 20 tracks was played everywhere, with variations. It's nearly 35 years ago, but I think I can finally just about remember all 20 songs the night I saw them! I've edited my first post, and I think this looks to be the 20 songs I heard in June 1980. Rich.

Last edited by richardmac; 11-24-2014 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: extra info