The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a fan of Stevie's since 1975, I'm afraid there is nothing she can do now to win back the love I had for her. I'm still a fan, but since Lindsey's firing, I am not the fanatic I once was.

What she did was just wrong.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-19-2019, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What can Stevie do? Hmm...Retire. Just go back to your condo and dance by yourself.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Well, the "farewell tour" line was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but if Lindsey were up to it, I'd be down for it.
I no longer believe that Stevie has any true feelings for Lindsey and I don’t want the pretense. What once gave me pleasure, like the flirting they did in 1997, would only make me feel more cynical and hardened today. I don’t think they feel the bond I ascribed to them. I thought The Chain was true and I no longer do.

But I think Lindsey wants the Mac to want him and to feel sorry. He said that Chris told him that deep down Stevie was sorry. At this point, I don’t even believe Christine actually said that to him. I don’t know. He might be delusional. He is the same guy who thinks Tusk is now everyone’s favorite album. He’s kind of a nut.

But they hurt him and if something can be done to make him feel better emotionally, then I want that to happen. It will not move ME, because I feel that I’ve been deluding myself all these years. But if it moves him, go for it. And, um, people were saying that Lindsey could have taken ill had he been on the FM tour.
Lindsey is a ham. He doesn’t want to die, not with a 14 year old left to finish raising. But if he HAD to go, I am sure he would like for it to be at the climax of the ISA solo when the stadium crowd has jumped to its feet, yelling in admiration. I think he wants one last Big Machine turn and I want what he wants.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I no longer believe that Stevie has any true feelings for Lindsey and I don’t want the pretense. What once gave me pleasure, like the flirting they did in 1997, would only make me feel more cynical and hardened today. I don’t think they feel the bond I ascribed to them. I thought The Chain was true and I no longer do.

But I think Lindsey wants the Mac to want him and to feel sorry. He said that Chris told him that deep down Stevie was sorry. At this point, I don’t even believe Christine actually said that to him. I don’t know. He might be delusional. He is the same guy who thinks Tusk is now everyone’s favorite album. He’s kind of a nut.

But they hurt him and if something can be done to make him feel better emotionally, then I want that to happen. It will not move ME, because I feel that I’ve been deluding myself all these years. But if it moves him, go for it. And, um, people were saying that Lindsey could have taken ill had he been on the FM tour.
Lindsey is a ham. He doesn’t want to die, not with a 14 year old left to finish raising. But if he HAD to go, I am sure he would like for it to be at the climax of the ISA solo when the stadium crowd has jumped to its feet, yelling in admiration. I think he wants one last Big Machine turn and I want what he wants.
Well, that's exactly what I told Lindsey at the Concord concert, and I have been punished for that.
I don't want him back because I feel it will be all fake on their side, not Lindsey's. BUT if that's what he wants ,if that's what makes him happy, then even if I don't want to see him again with those traitors, I guess I will have to accept it and be happy for him.

Anyway, I don't see it happening. At all. I'm even doubting what Christine said to him about Stevie is true. He shouldn't have said it, IMO.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One wonders whether the Buckingham Nicks saga is in all respects equivalent to the Luke and Laura saga on (and off) General Hospital. The soap fans fantasized—to the point that they began to believe—that Anthony Geary and Genie Francis had fallen in love off the set and were acting out their psychodrama love to convey to fans that it was actually a lot more real than just a TV romance.

The Buckingham Nicks shippers have modified their fantasies over the years. It started with Lindsey and Stevie being in love with each other, but being unable or unwilling to consummate it permanently because things were so hot. As it became obvious to all but the most obtuse weirdos that Lindsey and Stevie were NOT in love with each other—as she chased down women friends and professional stature and he got married and started his family—the story transmogrified. They were deeply passionate about each other, but not in an entirely sexual way. It was a spiritual bond, a "partnership" of souls, a meeting of minds, a personal and career support network, whatever. Of course, the two of them backed it all up by saying these things in print and onstage. (Meanwhile, neither of them ever picked up a phone and called the other during off-season.)

Now the story is two stubborn lovers, grown into their twilight, who can't sit in the same room for all the sublime romantic and spiritual tension, so they separate for good. The twist is that one of them wanted to stay in the other's sphere and continue to at least work, while the other couldn't take it anymore and she kicked him out.

Next year, since all possible scenarios have been covered, it'll be a reprise of one of the earlier relationships—perhaps the "it was bittersweet and now it's just sweet" crap that they used to explain The Dance. But at this point they're both really bad storytellers—will they ever just shut up and ignore each other, the most truthful thing of all? Imagine the shakeup to the collective shipper psyche if, years from now, one of them is asked about the other and replies, "Who?"

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2019, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe Lindsey ever went along with all that crap.

"It's like one of those great romances of the century."–Stevie Nicks 2013, 1:21-2:21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

Last edited by cbBen; 02-19-2019 at 07:53 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
One wonders whether the Buckingham Nicks saga is in all respects equivalent to the Luke and Laura saga on (and off) General Hospital. The soap fans fantasized—to the point that they began to believe—that Anthony Geary and Genie Francis had fallen in love off the set and were acting out their psychodrama love to convey to fans that it was actually a lot more real than just a TV romance.

The Buckingham Nicks shippers have modified their fantasies over the years. It started with Lindsey and Stevie being in love with each other, but being unable or unwilling to consummate it permanently because things were so hot. As it became obvious to all but the most obtuse weirdos that Lindsey and Stevie were NOT in love with each other—as she chased down women friends and professional stature and he got married and started his family—the story transmogrified. They were deeply passionate about each other, but not in an entirely sexual way. It was a spiritual bond, a "partnership" of souls, a meeting of minds, a personal and career support network, whatever. Of course, the two of them backed it all up by saying these things in print and onstage. (Meanwhile, neither of them ever picked up a phone and called the other during off-season.)

Now the story is two stubborn lovers, grown into their twilight, who can't sit in the same room for all the sublime romantic and spiritual tension, so they separate for good. The twist is that one of them wanted to stay in the other's sphere and continue to at least work, while the other couldn't take it anymore and she kicked him out.

Next year, since all possible scenarios have been covered, it'll be a reprise of one of the earlier relationships—perhaps the "it was bittersweet and now it's just sweet" crap that they used to explain The Dance. But at this point they're both really bad storytellers—will they ever just shut up and ignore each other, the most truthful thing of all? Imagine the shakeup to the collective shipper psyche if, years from now, one of them is asked about the other and replies, "Who?"
Parts of the shipper history you recount included beliefs that I did not know existed. I mean, I didn’t think they thought it was NOT sexual.

Geary used to tell stories about being nude in the bed scenes with Genie.

I feel that Stevie is already at the “Lindsey who?” stage. I mean, there was a Lindsey in her past that she still prattles about endlessly, but the present day man hanging out in the Bel Air rain ... I think she might have a vague flash of recognition if their eyes met, but then her gaze would be quickly diverted to a passing amusement. He’s just someone she used to know.

It used to be bittersweet. Then it was just sweet. Then it was just bitter. Now, it’s deadly.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

IA. I honestly can't imagine Christine saying that to him about Stevie.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
. He said that Chris told him that deep down Stevie was sorry. At this point, I don’t even believe Christine actually said that to him. I don’t know. He might be delusional. He is the same guy who thinks Tusk is now everyone’s favorite album. He’s kind of a nut.
I believe it happened. What are the alternatives? Shameless lying? Lindsey being kind of a nut?

Imagining that you are receiving emails from people when you really aren't, or imagining that the emails have text in them that they really don't, is actually indicative of some pretty serious mental issues.

I wouldn't want him to be on the road if that were the case. He would need to stay home and get some help for his psychoses.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe it happened. What are the alternatives? Shameless lying? Lindsey being kind of a nut?

Imagining that you are receiving emails from people when you really aren't, or imagining that the emails have text in them that they really don't, is actually indicative of some pretty serious mental issues.

I wouldn't want him to be on the road if that were the case. He would need to stay home and get some help for his psychoses.
I mean I don’t think he pulled it out of thin air but likely exaggerated something she said or interpreted it for what he wanted to hear. I remember a quote from Mick where he talked about back when everyone broke up, how it was extra tough on Lindsey and took him so long to get over. Not just because it was a rough break up, but because that’s just Lindsey’s personality type. He doesn’t take things like that well. So he obviously took this situation very hard and probably hasn’t made peace with it.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Not just because it was a rough break up, but because that’s just Lindsey’s personality type. He doesn’t take things like that well. So he obviously took this situation very hard and probably hasn’t made peace with it.
obviously. as he does, apparently.

#heartattack

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That is why I used the Tusk is everyone’s favorite album example. He asks questions and they answer in a certain way designed to mollify him, but they don’t necessarily mean what he concludes they mean. Tusk is probably no one’s favorite album, not even Mick’s, even though Mick liked working on it. Those 4 pick the most commercial as their favorite, but Lindsey will say that they all came round to admitting Tusk was their favorite.

I would have to see the email chain to make a decision about what Christine said about Stevie’s regret. If she really regretted it, I think she would have responded differently to his surgery. Chris might have said something in response to him that he took to mean that Stevie was sorry.

Last edited by michelej1; 02-21-2019 at 08:20 PM..
Old 02-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is why I used the Tusk is everyone’s favorite album example. He asks questions and they answer in a certain way designed to mollify him, but they don’t necessarily mean what he concludes they mean. Tusk is probably no one’s favorite album, not even Mick’s, even though Mick liked working on it. Those 4 pick the most commercial as their favorite, but Lindsey will say that they all came round to admitting Tusk was their favorite.

I would have to see the email chain to make a decision about what Christine said about Stevie’s regret. If she really regretted it, I think she would have responded differently to his surgery. Chris might have said something in response to him that he took to mean that Stevie was sorry.

Actually in recent years Mick did say Tusk was one of the bands favorite albums, that is not Lindsey making that up or paraphrasing. Mick said that I believe during press for the 2013 tour. It was obviously s big thing for Mick to say at the time, given the crap lindsey took for it in prior years. But alas, we are coming to learn that mick will make any statement depending on which way the wind is blowing. Authenticity and sincerity out the window.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-21-2019 at 08:42 PM..
Old 02-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:

well to be fair, he did say that perhaps Christine did say it the way she did because she thought that would make him feel better (i.e. Christine's thinking that Stevie might "deep in her heart" maybe want him "to come home").

so there's not much to think through here - he says that according to Christine Stevie said nothing and that Christine possibly made it up to make him feel better.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Actually in recent years Mick did say Tusk was one of the bands favorite albums, that is not Lindsey making that up or paraphrasing. Mick said that I believe during press for the 2013 tour. It was obviously s big thing for Mick to say at the time, given the crap lindsey took for it in prior years. But alas, we are coming to learn that mick will make any statement depending on which way the wind is blowing. Authenticity and sincerity out the window.
yup, he did.