The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Likely will lead to another 1 man show with heavily recorded backing tracks.

After all he was trying to use FM to finance a large chunk of the traveling expenses this tour. If they pay for Neil et all to travel and hotel 1/2 the days in the tour itd be cheaper.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats the next question, what shape will the tour take? Will Neale and Brett be involved?
Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Thats the next question, what shape will the tour take? Will Neale and Brett be involved?
Whatever shape it takes, I am very much looking forward to it. I agree with an earlier poster, capitalize on the moment---release something on iTunes. I can't imagine the band is terribly psyched with all the negative press they are getting. Would love to see Lindsey reap the benefits of it.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Whatever shape it takes, I am very much looking forward to it. I agree with an earlier poster, capitalize on the moment---release something on iTunes. I can't imagine the band is terribly psyched with all the negative press they are getting. Would love to see Lindsey reap the benefits of it.
1000 times yes to this. it's frustrating.

regarding the solo touring band, so hard to tell what will be going on with them. frankly, i would never begrudge those guys whatever they decide or need to do. they gotta eat and pay mortgages. they are working musicians.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
At the present, Lindsey's band is Lindsey and Christine's band. Neale, Lindsey's collaborator, will continue to work with Lindsey. Brett could go either way. If he goes with Lindsey, Christine would need a backup keyboardist. Would Benmont Tench be available despite being a new father?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
At the present, Lindsey's band is Lindsey and Christine's band. Neale, Lindsey's collaborator, will continue to work with Lindsey. Brett could go either way. If he goes with Lindsey, Christine would need a backup keyboardist. Would Benmont Tench be available despite being a new father?
if Brett ends up going with Lindsey, i can bet that Benmont will replace him!

it will certainly be interesting to watch all this unfold.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I adore Benmont, hell I love Mike, but if he plays on this ****show I will be gobsmacked.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just hope we get an album release date in the next few weeks. If, like the Buckingham/McVie, the announcement comes eight weeks before the release, we're already looking at late June/early July!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
1000 times yes to this. it's frustrating.
Part of me wonders if whatever legal actions are taking place behind the scenes may limit his ability to release music. I'm not sure how, but maybe it's, for example, hard to argue negative impact to career by being fired if you are able to release music. Not sure if that makes sense. But I was wondering if all of that could impact the release.

Worse, maybe his record company is less enthused about marketing and releasing Mac's former lead guitarist

That being said, it could just be the usual failure for any Mac member to strike the iron.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Part of me wonders if whatever legal actions are taking place behind the scenes may limit his ability to release music. I'm not sure how, but maybe it's, for example, hard to argue negative impact to career by being fired if you are able to release music. Not sure if that makes sense. But I was wondering if all of that could impact the release.

Worse, maybe his record company is less enthused about marketing and releasing Mac's former lead guitarist

That being said, it could just be the usual failure for any Mac member to strike the iron.
i've been thinking about this since i first heard. i really really hope that's not the case but some of that would not surprise me at all. i wish he still stayed on his own label and free to do whatever he wants. we need that new music and tour out ASAP!

no time to waste!

Old 04-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope his new album is in the style of the Empire of the Sun collaboration.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I hope his new album is in the style of the Empire of the Sun collaboration.
I'm so intrigued by his new album! First it was postponed in favor of a Best of, and now I have no idea which one will go first.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-19-2018 at 08:32 PM..
Old 04-19-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even Jeremy Spencer got his new album out this week!

Treading Softly by Jeremy Spencer https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tr...tly/1371682973

Old 04-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i've been thinking about this since i first heard. i really really hope that's not the case but some of that would not surprise me at all. i wish he still stayed on his own label and free to do whatever he wants. we need that new music and tour out ASAP!

no time to waste!
If on top of everything else that FM may have allegedly done to LB--if they preclude him from creating his own new music/tour---there is an alleyway in hell the 4 divas and 2 ringers should be playing in.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
If on top of everything else that FM may have allegedly done to LB--if they preclude him from creating his own new music/tour---there is an alleyway in hell the 4 divas and 2 ringers should be playing in.
i really hope we are being paranoid.

just to make clear, don't think that would be FM doing to him, but a consequence of him not being full-fledged member of FM anymore.