Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default It's NOT All Right...Stand Back

Ok- this is probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone have the live version of "Stand Back" where Steve sings "I did not hear from you...It's NOT all right" instead of "It's all right"?

I swear I had this live version somewhere but I can't find it on my computer or online. I've got my fingers crossed that someone else remembers this version!!
Old 08-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She says this on the Live at Red Rocks track.
She says it at the 5:39 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-fxOS658H4
Old 08-27-2017, 06:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Thank you!!

Although I feel a little silly for not double checking the Red Rock Version!
Old 08-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My ex- ex- boyfriend and now roommate again, loves the it's NOT alright Stand backs.... Even when I play a non-NOT alright version, he still sings it's NOT alright... LOL - no wonder we've never been able to work things out... LOL
Old 08-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so glad for this thread because I've been meaning to ask this question for years, but it always has slipped my mind:

Why did the video editor have to "freeze" Stevie for about 4 seconds during the Red Rocks Stand back: https://youtu.be/U-fxOS658H4

Watch from about 3:55 to 4:05 to see it (it really starts at the 4minute mark but watching it from earlier gives context). You might have to watch it twice to see it.

What could she have possible done to warrant that? Flipped the bird? Spit? Even if she had totally stopped singing for those 5 seconds, compared to all of the other weird edits in the video, I don't think it would have mattered.

Would love to hear others' opinions/knowledge.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
I'm so glad for this thread because I've been meaning to ask this question for years, but it always has slipped my mind:

Why did the video editor have to "freeze" Stevie for about 4 seconds during the Red Rocks Stand back: https://youtu.be/U-fxOS658H4

Watch from about 3:55 to 4:05 to see it (it really starts at the 4minute mark but watching it from earlier gives context). You might have to watch it twice to see it.

What could she have possible done to warrant that? Flipped the bird? Spit? Even if she had totally stopped singing for those 5 seconds, compared to all of the other weird edits in the video, I don't think it would have mattered.

Would love to hear others' opinions/knowledge.
Are you aware this is not all live footage. The far away shots are live but the close ups are staged well after the concert with new make up and hair. It actually looks pretty silly to see such profound look changes in one performer in one song So with all the splicing of tape, I am sure this is what caused the blip you talk about. Or maybe it was something odd she did like maybe look directly at the camera If you notice she never looks at the camera for the far away shots. But the close ups she looks at the camera all the time. This concert is a big mess IMHO but its the mid 80s and its so bad that its good if you know what I mean
Even the sound is altered. Not long ago someone posted the actual sound from the concert. It was similar but different and she also said the Its Not Alright.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Are you aware this is not all live footage. The far away shots are live but the close ups are staged well after the concert with new make up and hair. It actually looks pretty silly to see such profound look changes in one performer in one song So with all the splicing of tape, I am sure this is what caused the blip you talk about. Or maybe it was something odd she did like maybe look directly at the camera If you notice she never looks at the camera for the far away shots. But the close ups she looks at the camera all the time. This concert is a big mess IMHO but its the mid 80s and its so bad that its good if you know what I mean
Even the sound is altered. Not long ago someone posted the actual sound from the concert. It was similar but different and she also said the Its Not Alright.
Yes, of course I'm aware it's not all live footage, silly. That 'freeze' edit is just so odd.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DashingDan, I'd completely forgotten about that crazy freeze edit... you're right, it's so bizarre and seemingly unnecessary. I also noticed that her dress below Waddy's guitar continues flowing in the wind however, making the edit look even more sloppy.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you guys are interpreting the freeze to something more than it actually is. Its 1986 and technology is not what it is today. When you are merging various different tapes from different days along with different audio, I think you are going to get mishaps like this. I never really noticed it before but I think its just sloppy work or an attempt to shield her face from looking at the camera.
What a job to make a full show with all these variables and tapes/audios. Its insane and that is why Red Rocks is such a hot mess.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
DashingDan, I'd completely forgotten about that crazy freeze edit... you're right, it's so bizarre and seemingly unnecessary. I also noticed that her dress below Waddy's guitar continues flowing in the wind however, making the edit look even more sloppy.
Stevie to the video editor, "Make it so I've turned to stone, and only Wad's playing can unfreeze me, yet my hem is still moving... Make it look like I'm stuck in my own timespace... timespace... Hey, I like the sound of that word..."
Old 08-29-2017, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
Stevie to the video editor, "Make it so I've turned to stone, and only Wad's playing can unfreeze me, yet my hem is still moving... Make it look like I'm stuck in my own timespace... timespace... Hey, I like the sound of that word..."
I think you are right
Another amusing fact is how any close ups are rare in the original concert footage but during her Edge of 17 exorcism scream there is a complete close up. Irony because she looks her worse and in desperate need of holy water
Old 08-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you could see the powder on her nose??
Old 08-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She also sings "It's really not all right" on Solid Gold (1983) too.
3:27 mark.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i always sing the "its not alright" line no matter what version of Stand Back im listening to
Old 08-30-2017, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
She also sings "It's really not all right" on Solid Gold (1983) too.
3:27 mark.
Wow, lots of ad libs of lyrics in this performance. What's she saying around the 37 second mark? "First he took my love then he...left?" At any rate, it doesn't sound anything like "First he took my heart then he ran".