Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I wonder if it would be less actual dollars or just less of a percentage. Having Christine back would command a higher ticket price (how much, I don't know), so it's possible that Stevie would make the same with Christine than without. Either way, I'm sure she's not as concerned about the money as she is getting Christine back in the band at this point. Also, I wonder if it would be "one last time" or if there would be more.
I don't know. They might make less. I'm not sure that they could command a higher ticket price, because I don't think the average concert goer (not us) values her return that much. I don't know if the average concert knew she was gone. I don't think they would feel, "I wouldn't pay this extra $20 for a ticket, if it wasn't for Christine." Of course, WE say that, but we are the few, the proud, the Marines.

But if Christine doesn't return they won't be touring again until 2016 anyway. I'm not saying that there is any validity to Stevie's 3 year rule, but I do think Lindsey and Mick couldn't have gotten the band back together for another tour before that and Lindsey has wanted an album, but I don't know if he was making any headway in convincing Stevie. So, if he has less of a percentage with Christine, it's still MORE than he would have gotten without her return.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Again, you are basing these numbers off the original post which is based purely on theory.
But about 10 years ago for SYW, didn't someone that people thought was "in the know" post a split that everyone believed at the time. And since then everyone has proceeded on the assumption that that was the split?

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac's average ticket price ($103) was the highest of any tour this year second only to Beyonce.

How much higher could they possibly go?
Old 11-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Fleetwood Mac's average ticket price ($103) was the highest of any tour this year second only to Beyonce.

The question is even if Christine returns and they bill it as the last farewell tour will people pay the high ticket prices so soon after this years tour???
Old 11-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The question is even if Christine returns and they bill it as the last farewell tour will people pay the high ticket prices so soon after this years tour???
I have been a fan since the 1970s and had seen them on every tour since Tusk .I sat out 2009 and 2013 though.If however Christine returns I'll pay whatever high ticket price comes up.I also believe that if she really wants to return she can.Stevie by all indications wants her back badly and it is totally within her character to issue an ultimatum like Christine either is allowed to rejoin or I leave too.Which would leave the band playing tiny venues for pocket change.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IYD is the record they should have made...Not that they should sound like Stevie Nicks but it would not hurt them to do something other than the "Buckingham/Rumours" sound...I'm quite sure John & Mick would be thrilled if LB would suggest they record a few blues numbers...What's the John quote? "Bloody hell we're supposed to be a blues band"
Huh?

John said that in 1975, nearly 40 years ago, and they had long stopped being a blues band by THAT point. I suspect he's over it.

Quote:
Don't forget if it weren't for "Buckingham/Nicks" Fleetwood Mac would possibly be just a footnote in some "History of rock" story...
Oh, don't kid yourself. Fleetwood Mac made twelve albums and even had a Greatest Hits album by the time those two joined the band. Buckingham Nicks had all of one album and got dropped. Fleetwood Mac NEVER got dropped.

Quote:
If LB want's to be noticed then he needs to put himself out there more because sitting around waiting for FM isn't working very well...
What have you been smoking? He's released solo albums and has done a lot of solo touring. I'm saying that if he's going through the trouble of recording a group effort, he wants it to get noticed. Having Christine back will get that noticed.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's a problem. The only thing I can say is that they did not totally saturate the market this time around. They didn't hit all the stops they usually do in the U.S. so maybe 2015 would not be too soon, but yeah ....

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

the rolling stones??

bon jovi?

the eagles?

all higher or in the case of stones off the charts higher.

that said, other than the diehards i don't see how average concert going legends-before-they-die-watching people who don't even know who is in FM at any given time will pay much or any more with Christine. although with good advertising maybe... but when did FM had good PR lately?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, let's see The Stones charged $115- $813 for tickets to their 50th anni. shows, and Fleetwood Mac are about as famous as they are, sooo.....

Edit: My proof:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-...b_2040413.html
Old 11-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
What have you been smoking? He's released solo albums and has done a lot of solo touring. I'm saying that if he's going through the trouble of recording a group effort, he wants it to get noticed. Having Christine back will get that noticed.
Yes, it will give his stuff a bigger audience. Also, I'm a firm believer that when Christine is around, Lindsey is freer to make more esoteric music within FM. Lindsey doesn't have to be the one to write Sad Angel when Christine's around, just like Stevie doesn't have to write Say You Will.

I like both Say You Will and Sad Angel though. I'm just saying ... Christine has a job that kind of changes what their jobs are.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the rolling stones??

bon jovi?

the eagles?

all higher or in the case of stones off the charts higher.
I can see the Eagles doing that, but Bon Jovi are no where near as well known(or good, imo) as those other 2. How much are they charging?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Well, let's see The Stones charged $115- $813 for tickets to their 50th anni. shows, and Fleetwood Mac are about as famous as they are, sooo.....

Edit: My proof:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-...b_2040413.html
Fleetwood Mac are my favorite band but they are not as famous as the Rolling Stones..from a historical perspective the only band that may be as or more famous than the Stones are the Beatles.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

that said, other than the diehards i don't see how average concert going legends-before-they-die-watching people who don't even know who is in FM at any given time will pay much or any more with Christine. although with good advertising maybe... but when did FM had good PR lately?
The Dance hit harder than focused fans could have dreamed it would. But I don't know if that was PR or just the state the world was in at the time. And there was the Clinton bump too.

I guess lightening can't strike twice -- 15 years later and older.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Fleetwood Mac are my favorite band but they are not as famous as the Rolling Stones..from a historical perspective the only band that may be as or more famous than the Stones are the Beatles.

Which is why I put "about as famous". I'd say they're in the top 10 most well known rock bands, easily.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's a problem. The only thing I can say is that they did not totally saturate the market this time around. They didn't hit all the stops they usually do in the U.S. so maybe 2015 would not be too soon, but yeah ....
no they didn't. and the men of mac were planning as recent as the beginning of october adding another leg in the spring of 2014 as well as glasto and possibly more european dates. as far as the market goes, i could see another leg - but with Christine - more of a possibility than a separate tour in 2015, depending on how John's doing. but i guess if they have a new album out they would bill it is supporting that album.

in fact, they should have Christine with them in Vegas on 30th. those tickets are twice the price that their regular 2013 shows were anyway.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"