The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let them both put out solo albums and get it out of their systems! Whatever each of them puts on their album is going to be what they think is their best work at that time right? Then they should make some Fleetwood Mac magic. They can start fresh with some new music and work it out together...as a group. They will actually "make" an album together with John and Mick instead of just trying to put together his and hers and theirs. If they do that again they might as well call it "duct tape" cause it will be like SYW, put together okay but not totally together.

That's what I say yall.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Confirmation

http://www.tecfoundation.com/tec/les_paul10.html

Quote:
His latest release, “Gift of Screws”, came out on September 16, 2008, which will be followed by his new solo project, scheduled for release in early 2011.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-29-2010 at 01:33 PM..
Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
In the U.K., yes. Peter Green Era Fleetwood Mac never broke the top 100 album chart in the US. This is why so many American fans (especially the younger ones) tend to dismiss Fleetwood Mac before 1975 as simply a ramp up for Buckingham & Nicks. Albatross may have been a massive hit in Europe, but I guarantee you if you polled the American fans following their Say You Will concerts where Albatross was played while fans exited, 99% would have NO IDEA that was a Fleetwood Mac song.
I know. I was at first typing that it is simply amazing that everything always is being measured in US-terms. The world is a tad larger. Fleetwood Mac started as an English band. Very succesful. It is a hairpulling assumption that nobody knew FM before 75. But I took that part away from my original post.

Besides, it is american guy chiliD that has the broader and more realistic view in this case.

Last edited by shackin'up; 10-29-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 10-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Bull.
Relax. I'm not wearing a red shirt.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I know. I was at first typing that it is simply amazing that everything always is being measured in US-terms. The world is a tad larger. Fleetwood Mac started as an English band. Very succesful. It is a hairpulling assumption that nobody knew FM before 75.
But I live in America and have always been a big music fan as far back as the mid 1960's and I had never heard of FM until 1975. It's just the way it is.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
But I live in America and have always been a big music fan as far back as the mid 1960's and I had never heard of FM until 1975. It's just the way it is.
Then that's just your own personal ignorance coming through. I had a pretty large circle of friends in high school ('70-74) that anticipated Fleetwood Mac albums & tours each year and would have tons of late night blue-green haze induced discussions on whether the band would ever have the same people for more than two albums in a row. And, by the numbers of people who went to Fleetwood Mac shows in SoCal in those days, they weren't the "unknown entity" you (and millions of others) seem to think they were. Maybe its because I'm one of the few who stuck around as a Fleetwood Mac fan once the Buckingham Nicks **** hit the fan and they became a household name. A lot of pre-75 Fleetwood Mac fans jumped off the wagon when Buckingham & Nicks joined. They definitely didn't last for the whole world wide interweb message board phenomena, so they're not on Fleetwood Mac message boards to post THEIR opinions...so basically, what you have is ME, representing the tens of thousands of Fleetwood Mac fans who couldn't stand the Buckingham Nicks era but were avid fans from the Peter Green days all the way up to the end of Bob Welch's tenure.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Then that's just your own personal ignorance coming through. I had a pretty large circle of friends in high school ('70-74) that anticipated Fleetwood Mac albums & tours each year and would have tons of late night blue-green haze induced discussions on whether the band would ever have the same people for more than two albums in a row. And, by the numbers of people who went to Fleetwood Mac shows in SoCal in those days, they weren't the "unknown entity" you (and millions of others) seem to think they were. Maybe its because I'm one of the few who stuck around as a Fleetwood Mac fan once the Buckingham Nicks **** hit the fan and they became a household name. A lot of pre-75 Fleetwood Mac fans jumped off the wagon when Buckingham & Nicks joined. They definitely didn't last for the whole world wide interweb message board phenomena, so they're not on Fleetwood Mac message boards to post THEIR opinions...so basically, what you have is ME, representing the tens of thousands of Fleetwood Mac fans who couldn't stand the Buckingham Nicks era but were avid fans from the Peter Green days all the way up to the end of Bob Welch's tenure.
It has nothing to do with ignorance. You are a few years older than me and you lived in Los Angeles, so you were exposed to a wider variety of tunes than I was while living in Western Massachusetts. I bought my first full lenth album in 1973. Before that it was just 45's. I'd bet you were buying albums as far back as 1967?
Also you should thank Lindsey and Stevie. If it weren't for them I never would have heard(or liked) such classics as Station Man, Green Manalishi, Tell Me All The Things You Do, Why & Spare Me A Little(Stevie singing with Christine).
After Rumours exploded Bob Welch's Hypnotized became a regular staple on FM radio in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In my over 23 years of being a Fleetwood Mac fan, I have only met two people (in real life) that were fans of FM before 1975. One is my cousin's ex-husband. He was raised in California and a fan of Bob Welch in FM. The other was a guy my mom graduated with. He was a fan of Peter Green.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Ledgie

New album confirmed on LB's official site

http://lindseybuckingham.com/

Quote:
Lindsey has been working on a new solo album, which is currently scheduled for an early 2011 release. The album is currently untitled. Check back soon for details!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This definitely makes my day!

Crossing fingers for a tour...

Old 11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
New album confirmed on LB's official site

http://lindseybuckingham.com/
They need to update that website. Look at the discography.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent! I'm glad this is definitely happening. Hopefully it won't be too long before some more concrete details come out. It's good to have this properly confirmed though.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Excellent! I'm glad this is definitely happening. Hopefully it won't be too long before some more concrete details come out. It's good to have this properly confirmed though.
HOw much time was there between Did You Miss Me and Gift of Screws. I feel like it was MONTHS. Maybe we'll get a taste via single... will be nice since there won't be as much rehashed (GLORIOUS) material on this one so it'll sound fresher. Kinda makes me think that the songwriting will probably be similar to the NEW NEW songs on Under the Skin and Gift of Screws. Consider. Perhaps Chili can prepare a tracklist.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
They need to update that website. Look at the discography.
Speaking of an update, Gift of Screws is also missing from the discography at this website.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Speaking of an update, Gift of Screws is also missing from the discography at this website.
that's what I meant. oh and bass performance too