The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That Kristen moment/pic is one of my faves. I love her hair. I have been doing the french braid side-twist thing to my hair for years and felt a connection. Plus, her necklace is beautiful. Some say it didn't go well with the dress, which I think got mixed reviews. But I loved her outfit, save the shoes. It was kinda cute, though I feel she should try and veer away from all this black. I understand the advantages to wearing all-black outfits, but it's her shade of choice and quite frankly, she could pull off any kind of pink or green and look great.

Lindsey's outfit was completely boring as usual. It would have been cool that, since the wife was wearing a poofy black dress, he rocked something white or red, but instead he did the same same. Hardly important, as the event they were attending is all but forgotten, but I'm just saying...I'm happy about the red shirt in concert. I loved the gray suit (I think I am alone there). I'd die if he wore something blue.

His style was soooooooooooooooo much more interesting in the 70s. Was that due to Carol Ann? I'm not sure.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^All of Lindsey's concert pictures from this tour look so much alike that I don't even pay attention any more, but I did want to get one of him walking backwards at the end of Go Insane. The picture you posted gives me that look I was trying to capture: him retreating with panther eyes. I also want some pictures of him doing his Oh Well pantomines. This is one, but it's dark.
I got one, but it's a little too close (a problem I never thought I'd have!):

Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I got one, but it's a little too close (a problem I never thought I'd have!):
Oh it looks like he was practically standing on your head.

Michele
Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, when is that David Guest-ish (sorry for that comparison but it's what came to mind!) picture actually from? Pre-Dance? During The Dance? I don't remember a time leading up to that but I missed some good chunks of time. It scares me a little, that picture, not going to lie. I'm just glad he came out of that so very well!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, when is that David Guest-ish (sorry for that comparison but it's what came to mind!) picture actually from? Pre-Dance? During The Dance? I don't remember a time leading up to that but I missed some good chunks of time. It scares me a little, that picture, not going to lie. I'm just glad he came out of that so very well!
Oh lord, where's the David Guest-ish pic? Do I need to see it? I can't remember this picture and if I scroll back and it pops up I am going to be frightened to death. DG is a very strange-looking, scary individual. Wheras Lindsey's a gorgeous, sexy man. To even think he may have veered into DG territory isn't a pleasant thought.

A chipmunk? Sure. But DG? I was always worried for Liza the minute she lost her mind with that awkward man.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Oh lord, where's the David Guest-ish pic? Do I need to see it? I can't remember this picture and if I scroll back and it pops up I am going to be frightened to death. DG is a very strange-looking, scary individual. Wheras Lindsey's a gorgeous, sexy man. To even think he may have veered into DG territory isn't a pleasant thought.

A chipmunk? Sure. But DG? I was always worried for Liza the minute she lost her mind with that awkward man.
I know, I know, it's really not a fair comparison even in the worst of times. I was just trying to put my finger on who that picture vaguely (very vaguely) reminded me of, and that's who it was. I think it was more the sunglasses than anything else.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I know, it's really not a fair comparison even in the worst of times. I was just trying to put my finger on who that picture vaguely (very vaguely) reminded me of, and that's who it was. I think it was more the sunglasses than anything else.
I know what picture you're speaking of! In fact, I may have posted it...I'm fairly sure it was during that Dance period where Lindsey was a little, uh, not-skinny (though the actual Dance dvd, imo, does not show anything but a normal built man).

IMO, he looked like Albert Brooks in that pic. Similar bloated faces I guess...

Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know what picture you're speaking of! In fact, I may have posted it...I'm fairly sure it was during that Dance period where Lindsey was a little, uh, not-skinny (though the actual Dance dvd, imo, does not show anything but a normal built man).

IMO, he looked like Albert Brooks in that pic. Similar bloated faces I guess...
That's a much better comparison!

But yeah, I was randomly watching Behind the Music last night and while he wasn't as thin as he is now, he was hardly what that picture indicates. Hopefully it was just a bad shot all around!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's a much better comparison!

But yeah, I was randomly watching Behind the Music last night and while he wasn't as thin as he is now, he was hardly what that picture indicates. Hopefully it was just a bad shot all around!
I guess the only people who could say are the ones who perhaps saw LB during that period, like the fans who went to those concerts...I thought he looked handsome and I loved the dynamics of the entire band. I still do, but the novelty of them coming out of nowhere together and being that tight was...really magical. *sigh* makes me want to watch that DVD again.

Incidentally, I just want to say that I have converted many people into FM fans just after watching The Dance. They eat it all up it's so addictive.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess the only people who could say are the ones who perhaps saw LB during that period, like the fans who went to those concerts...
I didn't go to the Dance tapings. Quite frankly, I wasn't online for FM and I didn't know about them at the time or I would have gone. But I did see several stops on the Dance tour and Lindsey was thinner for that. He lost weight as the tour went on, even though it was a short one I did not like the way he looked that year though, overall.

Michele
Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He lost weight as the tour went on, even though it was a short one I did not like the way he looked that year though, overall.

Michele
Really Michele? Did he look unhealthy or something? I would say that, looks-wise, Lindsey started looking better after that tour, especially around SYW and like ALL the magazine spreads...like the cover of the album, all those guitar mag covers, and this picture below that just makes me think he had to be one of the hottest 50-something men I have ever seen:

Old 06-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really Michele? Did he look unhealthy or something?
He looked bloated. And you know bloated is somewhat different than looking fat. While he was not that much bigger physically, his face seemed swollen. Also, it always seemed to me that his shirt -- was not misbuttoned necessarily, but it seemed to fit him crookedly every single show. I don't know what it was, but it added to the slightly disheveled appearance.

But don't get me wrong. I was so thrilled to have the 5 of them together that looks didn't matter. I'd take them all back looking exactly like that again in a heartbeat.

Michele
Old 06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He looked bloated. And you know bloated is somewhat different than looking fat. While he was not that much bigger physically, his face seemed swollen. Also, it always seemed to me that his shirt -- was not misbuttoned necessarily, but it seemed to fit him crookedly every single show. I don't know what it was, but it added to the slightly disheveled appearance.

But don't get me wrong. I was so thrilled to have the 5 of them together that looks didn't matter. I'd take them all back looking exactly like that again in a heartbeat.

Michele
OMG, it's so funny that you mentioned those two things...the bloated and the shirt...because I noticed both when I was watching the behind-the-scenes segment of them rehearsing for either the Dance dvd or tour. It wasn't cute. It didn't last very long either...he appeared to have lost all that weight quite quickly. And then some.

But ultimately we all know it is about the music and that remarkable, distinctive, beautiful guitar playing. Looks are just icing and certainly fun to chat about, but the music will always be the cake. And if it didn't taste so good we wouldn't even be here.

Maybe I asked you before but can't remember, Michele, but do you have a favorite Lindsey period? Looks-wise? (Yeah, bringing it back OT). Or fave pic? Post if you want!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe I asked you before but can't remember, Michele, but do you have a favorite Lindsey period? Looks-wise? (Yeah, bringing it back OT). Or fave pic? Post if you want!
I'd say 1987. The way he looked in that Seven Wonders video . . . luscious.

I'd love to see outtakes and bloopers from the making of that video.

Michele
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is possibly the most adorable picture I've seen!!
Looking good, Lindsey. Still got it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic