The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She got a great response from the crowd where I was standing - at the very front of the gold section. I thought she was fantastic, and I loved every minute. I've never heard most of those songs live. The crowd around me responded well to Moonlight - a good night for that one with the full moon She certainly seemed to captivate the audience (in the front section) even if they didn't know all the songs.
It was way too crowded for Tom Petty so I gave up trying to get near the front, and found a nice spacious area at the back of the gold section with a good view of the screens. Great concert, beautiful weather - well I had a great time anyway
Old 07-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not just saying this but she was INCREDIBLE. She looked great too. Her voice is stronger now then it ever was and I know she's lost range but it's epic. Moonlight and GDW were showstoppers and I heard many people afterwards raving about the concert who clearly weren't previously massive fans. They almost seemed surprised at how good of a show it was.

Overall a great concert and great crowd response. She also rocked SDMHA with Tom. Their concert was epic too. What a day it's been!
Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
She got a great response from the crowd where I was standing - at the very front of the gold section. I thought she was fantastic, and I loved every minute. I've never heard most of those songs live. The crowd around me responded well to Moonlight - a good night for that one with the full moon She certainly seemed to captivate the audience (in the front section) even if they didn't know all the songs.
It was way too crowded for Tom Petty so I gave up trying to get near the front, and found a nice spacious area at the back of the gold section with a good view of the screens. Great concert, beautiful weather - well I had a great time anyway
I was front center gold circle and thought the crowd was really awful and pushy and unexcited. But then I saw the 24k gold tour so I'm comparing the reception to her solo concert which was just flawless...
Old 07-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Review

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/79...bst-hyde-park/
Old 07-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
I was front center gold circle and thought the crowd was really awful and pushy and unexcited. But then I saw the 24k gold tour so I'm comparing the reception to her solo concert which was just flawless...
I did notice some tensions between people who had been camped at the front all day with their blankets, not being happy with others pushing to the front. It's a bloody concert you can't hog the entire front space with picnic blankets and sitting space and expect no one else to come near. And I did experience one very pushy women, but generally not.

The audience around me honestly seemed to appreciate Stevie a great deal. there was lots of singing along, shouting, clapping etc and all I heard afterwards in the gigantic toilet queue was praise for her and the performance. I honestly didn't hear 1 complaint.

We're all going to experience different things depending on who is around us, but yes it will be very different to a 24KG crowd where much of the audience will know and love all the songs
Old 07-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedAngel View Post
Thanks so much for posting this.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They don't like her in Europe. She should not tour there.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't know where you get this idea from, but it must be just your idea as it's not true People love Stevie over here whether as part of Fleetwood Mac or Solo - lots of Stevie fans there last night, whether it was the Stevie hats and clothes, or 24KG t-shirts.
A lot of people over here don't know her solo music, but it doesn't mean they don't like her.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

I was lucky enough to be second row centre of the diamond circle (then moved further back for Tom Petty). I thought Stevie was amazing. I've never seen her as a solo artist before so this was really special for me. She seemed to be enjoying herself and was smiling a lot. Will try to upload some pics... (had to lower resolution a lot to upload on here so apologies if bad quality)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1160375.jpg (34.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg P1160394.jpg (28.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg P1160403.jpg (33.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P1160411.jpg (42.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P1160478.jpg (25.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-11-2017, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie's shawl View Post
I was lucky enough to be second row centre of the diamond circle (then moved further back for Tom Petty). I thought Stevie was amazing. I've never seen her as a solo artist before so this was really special for me. She seemed to be enjoying herself and was smiling a lot. Will try to upload some pics... (had to lower resolution a lot to upload on here so apologies if bad quality)
Awesome pictures thanks for sharing.

And thanks to everyone else for their reviews and afterthoughts. They are fun to read.

I watched a lot of the YouTube and Instagram videos. What a cool way to set up the stage. Did anyone else catch those two backstage videos? They were super short but so neat to see.

Last edited by Nathan; 07-11-2017 at 12:56 AM..
Old 07-11-2017, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, you're incorrect there, maybe she isn't idolised over here.
But plenty of people like her.
Perhaps she should tour to promote solo Albums...and more would love her more.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're not in Europe, so you should refrain from making comments on behalf of European Stevie Nicks fans.

There were people who had come to London from all over Europe to see Stevie. I bumped into a couple from The Netherlands who had flown over to see her and there were some French people stood next to us in the crowd.

She got some of the biggest cheers of the day in both 2011 and 2017.

She is very much loved in Europe. I don't think she could fill huge arena's like the Mac do, but she could very easilly sell out 5-10,000 seat theatre-style venues like the Royal Albert Hall.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
A lot of people over here don't know her solo music, but it doesn't mean they don't like her.
We do know her music - people around me in the crowd were singing along to Gold & Braid!!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I came to London from Prague! :-D So, yeah, we europeans love her too .
Anyway I came to London Pride too, which was the day before :-D.

I came there around 5p.m. and yeah the gold circle was quite full in the front, but I found place with good view to stage, so it was ok. I was very nice surprised about the setlist too. Once it began with Gold and Braid I was sure that it´s gonna be the 24KG setlist with my favourites Bella Donna and Crying in the Night.

I have left after her show and walked around general admission during first half of Tom Petty´s concert, then she came up to sing Stop Draggin´ My Heart Around. Actually I didnt expect that, but yeah, I should. Then I left because I was so tired after such great and crazy weekend.

It´s really amazing what she can do in her age. Unbelievable. Thanks Stevie!

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 07-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just came home from Londen (spent a few extra days).

The initial question was: how early to arrive at Hyde Park?

Well ... EARLY

i had a Gold-circle ticket with early entry. I showed up at the gates shortly after noon and i received an upgrade-bracelet to Diamond and ended up upfront (row 2 or something) and it was stunning! Waited 28 years for another solo-concert on my side of the pond and it was magic. I cried!

Her true fans seemed to be gathered upfront, the atmosphere was just there! I can not speak for the 60k people behind us, but is was fabulous. Surprised by her setlist and she apologised for not telling her stories :-)

Of course there was her cameo in Tom's set and we expected her to return for American Girl, but she didn't.

Made some great pics though ... (maybe you might have seen them on FB :-)

EDIT: Well, it's a bit cropped. Will work out a better version tomorrow :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0088.jpg (93.9 KB, 17 views)