The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

its her choice no one elses! shes doing her thing and loving it, so get over it already!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Registered

She's not alone. Gene loves money a bit more than she does
No new KISS Records

http://www.noise11.com/news/gene-sim...album-20170118
Old 01-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
She's not alone. Gene loves money a bit more than she does
No new KISS Records

http://www.noise11.com/news/gene-sim...album-20170118
I'd say they both love the money about equally .He just seems more business savvy than she. They are both very rich and it appears creatively bankrupt.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:02 PM
Registered

I agree creatively bankrupt
Old 01-20-2017, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nicks said: “It’s every single penny we make divided by five, so the expense of making a record, which is huge, and then to get back on tour ... we are not 40."
I find this quote particularly disturbing and insightful of her current ambitions. This woman is no longer an artist.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:10 AM
Ledgie

Stevie's songwriting talent lay in raw emotion - so when she'd go through a turbulent event like a breakup, she'd go to the typewriter and write pages of nonsense, comb through it and pick out the lines that stuck out and paste them all together to form a cohesive (well, sometimes) set of lyrics.

And now, she's nearly 70 and her life isn't chaotic anymore and the inspiration well dried up. It's been dry since she stopped doing coke, let's be honest.

And I think she realises that. And it would be embarrassing to send old tracks into Fleetwood Mac when Lindsey and Chris are still bubbling with creativity, because they have an intellectual songwriting skill that they can craft a tune so finely. Whereas Stevie's work was always very raw.

I Don't Care, the only "new song" from 24 Karat Gold, I think is the worst song she's ever recorded. An awful droney, banal mess. And if that's the quality of her songs these days I'm glad she's staying away from this!
Old 01-20-2017, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Who are all these bitter posters here
Old 01-20-2017, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand at all why she's bringing money into this. She is extremely rich. She even said herself that Landslide has earned her over $7 million and that was a few years ago. What about Edge of Seventeen, Dreams, Sara, Gypsy, Stand Back, all other singles and writing credits, money from advertisements (they pay LOADS), 50% from Bootylicious sales, ALL ALBUM SALES - Solo and FM. ALL CONCERT GROSSES - Solo and FM. I wouldn't like to think how much money she earns/has.

I thought Stevie was better than this. And the fact she even says it in an interview makes it worse. It's not like she's thinking it, she says it!
Old 01-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well. there you have it, folks. Stevie just doesn't write songs anymore. I feel like that's been the case for years now.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I get the feeling that making a Fleetwood Mac album is a miserable experience. The Tusk doc looks all fun but watch the outtakes. Stevie is singing along side the playback of Angel in once scene and Christine is rolling her eyes and making snide comments to the guy at the control board. Watch the In Your Dreams doc where everyone is enjoying this incredible creative experience and then watch the Say You Will doc where everyone is stressed and exasperated.

Imagine having a terrible job but one you are good at and that everyone knows you at. Now imagine getting to do a different job that you totally love. Then you get the choice to keep doing the job you love or going back to the job you hate because everyone else wants you to do it. Which would you choose?
Old 01-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I don't understand at all why she's bringing money into this. She is extremely rich. She even said herself that Landslide has earned her over $7 million and that was a few years ago. What about Edge of Seventeen, Dreams, Sara, Gypsy, Stand Back, all other singles and writing credits, money from advertisements (they pay LOADS), 50% from Bootylicious sales, ALL ALBUM SALES - Solo and FM. ALL CONCERT GROSSES - Solo and FM. I wouldn't like to think how much money she earns/has.

I thought Stevie was better than this. And the fact she even says it in an interview makes it worse. It's not like she's thinking it, she says it!
I don't think it's about making money. But I do think that it's about spending your money, putting in long hours and doing all the work, paying all the people who are part of that work, like the studio technicians, the musicians, the crew that sets up the equipment and all that. It's not like you call a few friends and make an album. It's a hugely expensive process. And it's a lot of work. So do to all that and put it out there only to see that a huge percentage of the music buying public are just going to steal it anyway. It's not about making money, it's about a show of respect. If you say you're a huge fan of someone but you copied all their music and didn't pay them for the time and effort it took them to make it then it's a real slap in the face to them. Regardless of if they are rich or not. And if someone made two or three albums and gave them away for free the money involved could eat up a huge chunk of their savings. So it's not even about not making new money but it's about losing money to make something someone is just going steal. As much as we love Stevie and her creative energy and the magical words she writes, at the end of the day this is a job. If you won the lotto and didn't need money would you still go to work every day for no pay?
Old 01-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
I don't think it's about making money. But I do think that it's about spending your money, putting in long hours and doing all the work, paying all the people who are part of that work, like the studio technicians, the musicians, the crew that sets up the equipment and all that. It's not like you call a few friends and make an album. It's a hugely expensive process. And it's a lot of work. So do to all that and put it out there only to see that a huge percentage of the music buying public are just going to steal it anyway. It's not about making money, it's about a show of respect. If you say you're a huge fan of someone but you copied all their music and didn't pay them for the time and effort it took them to make it then it's a real slap in the face to them. Regardless of if they are rich or not. And if someone made two or three albums and gave them away for free the money involved could eat up a huge chunk of their savings. So it's not even about not making new money but it's about losing money to make something someone is just going steal. As much as we love Stevie and her creative energy and the magical words she writes, at the end of the day this is a job. If you won the lotto and didn't need money would you still go to work every day for no pay?

Everybody is different I guess.
If money was no object then most people would spend their time doing whatever they enjoy doing. Most artistes would choose to 'create'. Film makers, actors, artists and musicians would generally choose to spend their time creating and adding to their body of work. Indeed many such creative people choose to create even when it doesn't bring in money. She can afford to spend her time making music that the world can listen to- she's a multi, multi millionaire. Why should she give two sh!ts whether people pay for the music? Even if it lost money (which making and releasing an album wouldn't), be an artiste- be creative!!!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have been saying for a long time that Stevie lost her songwriting abilities.

She has no drama in her life to write about, she has no man in her life to writs about either.
You can't write about Lindsey for ever, and anyway she has lost the inspiration...
I also think Christine returning was bad for Stevie, she had grown used to being the only female in an all male environment. And liked it!!!

She will be a tad jealous of Lindsey and Christine, calling the new Album Buckingham Mcvie won't help either.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Everybody is different I guess.
If money was no object then most people would spend their time doing whatever they enjoy doing. Most artistes would choose to 'create'. Film makers, actors, artists and musicians would generally choose to spend their time creating and adding to their body of work. Indeed many such creative people choose to create even when it doesn't bring in money. She can afford to spend her time making music that the world can listen to- she's a multi, multi millionaire. Why should she give two sh!ts whether people pay for the music? Even if it lost money (which making and releasing an album wouldn't), be an artiste- be creative!!!
Amen.. this is exactly how I feel about it.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Amen.. this is exactly how I feel about it.
Well, goddamned, can't we ever disagree on anything? I notice you even started using the new pic.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood